Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs. Stars | March 30th, 7:00pm PT | CBC, SNP, SN360

Roberts

Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the game?

• Vancouver Canucks
    • Dallas Stars
  2. 2. How many goals will the Vancouver Canucks score this game?

• 0 goals
    • 1-2 goals
    • 3-4 goals
    • 5-6 goals
    • 7+ goals
  3. 3. How many goals will the Dallas Stars score this game?

• 0 goals
    • 1-2 goals
    • 3-4 goals
    • 5-6 goals
    • 7+ goals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/2019 at 02:00 AM

45 minutes ago, xereau said:

As a lifelong Canucks fan I stopped caring about what eastern-biased media though about our players/franchise a.............well, come to think,  I guess I never gave a s%#t about what they ever thought actually......

36 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Why does TSN still have Jeff O'Neill hired? 

1. He continually gets his facts wrong about players.

2. Doesn't even try to get players names right.

3.. He doesn't scout, he's not an analyst, he doesn't bring up any useful information, he's an unreliable source

4.. He makes baseless, uninformative comments about players and when questioned can't even respond with a clear cut reason as to why he came up with that opinion.

5.  He's a straight up clown when he talks. 

What a degenerate. Even Leafs fans hate the guy

Could say that about 3/4 of the staff at TSN 1040. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I don't like Jeff O'Neil's size.

Also, what an amazing observation. No $&!# Hughes isn't the next Orr. He's going to be better.

If he's better than Orr, Benning then needs a statue and a 90' statue of Hughes in Stanley Park. 

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I have one that’s right up Oakes alley.  To Pettersson - “Do you think Hughes is big  enough to play in the NHL?”

or

”Are you happy you missed the playoffs your first year?”

or

”Do you think how you played early this season is enough for you to win the Calder?”

Nevermind, he’s probably already wrote those ones down.  Just kidding .. kind of.

1 hour ago, xereau said:

One game.  Of course he won’t be Orr, only Orr was Orr, or just like there will never be another Gretzky, the most dominant athlete  in the history of pro sports.  What both those guys were capable of was jaw dropping, made their peers look like they were playing a league or two down.   Now Phil Housley is a different story.   About the same size, both were/are elite skaters and have an elite skill set.   Quins shot isn’t there yet, but you can bet he won’t stop working on it until it is.

In the end we could be watching history, Hughes on his way to the HHOF.   Hughes on day could be what another great prospect is compared to, the best thing is he’s a CANUCK.   Thank god Benning is drafting, his last two picks look like home runs.

4 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

Except, it very much is a shoe in for Pettersson. As good as the other rookies have been, Pettersson has easily been better.

I still think Binnington is a possible dark horse as well. I'm just worried  that Petey will get screwd because his goal production has tailed off. The voters tend to have short memories sometimes.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Benning, you know what to do

Schenn is 29 and has largely struggled as an NHL player to be anything more than very average. He has benefited a lot in terms of chances because he was a very high draft pick. I have no real opinion about about resigning him other than there are a few potential contract scenarios that make sense and a lot that don't. Caution rules. 

33 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Future looks bright

I know this isn't an official canuck marketing poster or anything, but I think Virtanen has just as much of right to be included as part of our young core as Gaudette. Both have looooots of room to grow, and could develop into a Kesler and Dustin Brown, respectively

Edit: but also, this will be my new desktop  wallpaper 

TSN the same crap station that said at the trade deadline Edler is really close to resigning..... These guys just run their mouths all the time pretending like they know more then they actually do, the only guy who gets any support from me at TSN is Bob McKenzie the rest are clowns, don't believe there crap ever.

So how many jars of peanut butter have Benn and Seguin gone through in March? (Over under is 8)

Funny that it's 8, because that's how many Big Macs Jeff O'Neil ate for breakfast. He's like the TPB Randy of NHL analysts, the fat cheeseburger eating.....

3 hours ago, How swede it is said:

Not sure what you or everyone else expects out of Eriksson, but he has had a fine season.  He's a defensive forward, he's not the 30 goal scorer anymore.

Beagle? How did he disappoint?  Great at face-offs, kills penalties like it's personal.  What more did you want out of him?

Edler, love him or hate him, he's our best defenseman.

The rest, I agree.

Can't wait till next year, when we should have more kids on the team.

I thought Beagle would score a bit more.  He's been okay killing penalties, I agree with you there.

Eriksson as a 6 million a year defensive forward who disappears 4 or 5 games at a time? 

Edler: hate him... that is until he scores one... then I am as much a hypocrite as anyone when it comes to his play. 

All I intended to convey is that the leadership, the goals and a lot of what won the games we won came from young guys, with the exception of Biega, Roussel and Markstrom. 

With better veterans or second tier players, we probably would have gotten into the playoffs.  No backup goalie til quite late in the season (typically filled by a vet) would have gotten us at least 2 more wins... Edler and Tanev not being injured (this is a problem with them, not an act of God) would have gotten us 3 more wins at least... and trying for a scorer in FA instead of defensive guys (Beagle and Schaller) would have maybe gotten us 1 more... which puts us close.  Throw in Sutter's injuries and you can add 1 or 2 more wins.  I know that Boeser and Pettersson were injured at times... but in spite of that they, along with Horvat, carried the team.  And these three carried more minutes than they might have if Sutter, Edler, Tanev, Baertschi, Schaller and Del Zotto could have played more minutes or scored more points.

The answer isn't bounce-back seasons for Edler, Tanev, Schaller, Sutter, etc., but more young guys.  Which is kind of what you are saying too, lol.

Archived