Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 30, 2019

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

How the hell is Stecher redundant? We need more right side d-men, not less.

Funny ! Add the howl to trade Tanev and the rumblings about trading Tryamkin's rights, that leaves us with Schenn ( #7), Biega (#7), Chatfield (AHL), Eliot and Woo. Nashville will be jealous !

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Nope. I don't think you or other critics of the drop pass on the pp understand the play. It's a great play to help gain the zone, and the Nucks arguably started the play, and now a ton of teams use it as well. Does it work every time? No. Is there a team in the league that gains the zone on the pp 100% of the time? No. 

I think that poster’s point about the drop-pass and the ruining of QH was that QH doesn’t need the drop pass to make a play ‘to gain the zone’. I think he has a fair point. 

The entire reason they drafted this kid was because he can transition zones with the puck, without a script. This would include the PP. 

Your quote, citing the spirit of the drop-pass play itself, was patronizing enough without you having also misunderstood the his point concerning QH’s notorious vision and skill as it relates to doing things exactly like, ‘gaining the zone’. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Wanless said:

You realize almost every team does the drop pass on the PP

Not everyone is QH with the puck though. 

The drop pass is always an option, but doesn’t need to be ‘the’ option. 

I don’t think EP and QH need this play’s ability to catch the opponents flat-footed in their own end to gain the zone. 

The drop-pass is common and it works, but I don’t see the value in sitting QH and EP down and drawing up plays in crayon to them.

These guys are in a vision-league if their own and although I endorse rigid structure by the coaching staff in most every scenario, I don’t think these kids require system structure in some cases. 

In a throwaway game and season, why not change it up and let the kids dictate their own attack on the PP? We want to see what they have, good and bad, without the reigns on anyways.

Thank puck Bure wasn’t tied to a post when he came here. I hope the same goes for these kids, at least for the final few games. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

24 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I don’t think EP and QH need this play’s ability to catch the opponents flat-footed in their own end to gain the zone. 

The drop-pass is common and it works, but I don’t see the value in sitting QH and EP down and drawing up play in crayon to them. These guys are in a vision-league if their own and although I endorse rigid structure by the coaching staff in most every scenario, I don’t think these kids require system structure in some cases. 

In a throwaway game and season, why not change it up and let the kids dictate their own attack on the PP? We want to see what they have, good and bad, without the reigns on anyways.

Thank puck Bure wasn’t tied to a post when he came here. I hope the same goes for these kids, at least for the final few games. 

Agreed.  When I saw Quinn do the “drop pass”.....I was like noooooooooooo!

skate!!!!!!!!

lets move on to greater things.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The drop-pass is common and it works, but I don’t see the value in sitting QH and EP down and drawing up play in crayon to them. These guys are in a vision-league if their own and although I endorse rigid structure by the coaching staff in most every scenario, I don’t think these kids require system structure in some cases. 

Agreed.  When I saw Quinn do the “drop pass”.....I was like noooooooooooo!

skate!!!!!!!!

lets move on to greater things.

40 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Edit:  Mis-read !

Edited by SingleThorn

5 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I think that poster’s point about the drop-pass and the ruining of QH was that QH doesn’t need the drop pass to make a play ‘to gain the zone’. I think he has a fair point. 

The entire reason they drafted this kid was because he can transition zones with the puck, without a script. This would include the PP. 

Your quote, citing the spirit of the drop-pass play itself, was patronizing enough without you having also misunderstood the his point concerning QH’s notorious vision and skill as it relates to doing things exactly like, ‘gaining the zone’. 

He did one drop pass because he's learning a new system, and suddenly he's being ruined as a talent. I didn't misunderstand anything, but please tell me more about how he doesn't need to follow the team's systems and just do things himself.

On 3/29/2019 at 10:00 AM, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I think he’s still willing. He’s been sending out the invitations. Just no takers. I don’t blame them. Guys a beast. 

• Hydration 1

On 3/31/2019 at 12:04 AM, WHL rocks said:

I only pointed out no one in their right mind believes in horse shoes. Clearly you're in a right state of mind.  

Horseshoes are a real thing, they're like steel belted radials for hoofs.  Plus it's also a game that's fun to play when you're relaxing with friends, alot like darts and volley on the beach

• Hydration 1