The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pick your top 10 - 2019 Draft Picks (Discussion and Poll)

J.I.A.H.N

Your Top 10 2019 Draft picks  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i see us picking 8th to 10th, barring lottery luck, so we will get a good player, but not a savior. 

i want cozens for bo’s rw’er, and lassi thomson as a future rd top 4 d man.

i’ll be happy with whoever we pick though. 

if we get 3rd pick, i’ld probably take byram too, but turcotte will be hard to pass on. 

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i don’t trust russian players, plus i read that pody doesn’t always give 100%. 

soderstrom doesn’t excel  in any area but is good in all areas of his game.  some have as the 2nd best d-man in the draft. 

since we could be picking around there, i went by our need over players that excel in one area of the game. 

i admit i’m influenced by what i read, what insiders say and seeing clips of different players. not very professional but just my opinion.

Me too Joe

Especially the Russian thing

Funny how some clubs Wash and Tamp have absolutely no problem

as for Soderstrom…….I see your reasoning

I must admit....your words ring out loud...."In Benning you trust"

In the end......I agree with that statement

Although, sometimes I wish otherwise....most would be very glad I am not the GM....lol

But I do enjoy all this...fills in time, and is very interesting!

Thanks for the explanation......I actually thought you would answer like that.....I guess we all have an M.O.

Going to be in Rupert early May......you never know! I would love the chance to meet you, just have to see how it all plays out!

Cheers!

5 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

If turcotte drops around that range I really hope we have a shot at him 

At this rate, I think the odds are that we're picking outside of the top ten. 

EDIT: I rescind my statement. We're currently in the 9th lottery spot, so we'd likely pick 9 or 10.

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

At this rate, I think the odds are that we're picking outside of the top ten. 

EDIT: I rescind my statement. We're currently in the 9th lottery spot, so we'd likely pick 9 or 10.

That sounds pretty official  AJ

I like that retraction! 

If the Canucks dont get a bump up with the lottery I hope they take Caufield. Huge risk with size, but have you seen his point totals? At every level its bucket loads of goals. When you know how to score them its a bonus. The kid knows how to get it done. If you look at De Brincat and Gaudreau they both put up points at every level. I understand the size concern but the Canucks need more firepower. High risk high reward...swing for the fences

46 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

If the Canucks dont get a bump up with the lottery I hope they take Caufield. Huge risk with size, but have you seen his point totals? At every level its bucket loads of goals. When you know how to score them its a bonus. The kid knows how to get it done. If you look at De Brincat and Gaudreau they both put up points at every level. I understand the size concern but the Canucks need more firepower. High risk high reward...swing for the fences

TB has one of the smallest teams in the league led by a bunch of sub six footers in Kucherov, Point, Gourde etc...it’s the way things are trending...

On 4/3/2019 at 2:30 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Me too Joe

Especially the Russian thing

Funny how some clubs Wash and Tamp have absolutely no problem

as for Soderstrom…….I see your reasoning

I must admit....your words ring out loud...."In Benning you trust"

In the end......I agree with that statement

Although, sometimes I wish otherwise....most would be very glad I am not the GM....lol

But I do enjoy all this...fills in time, and is very interesting!

Thanks for the explanation......I actually thought you would answer like that.....I guess we all have an M.O.

Going to be in Rupert early May......you never know! I would love the chance to meet you, just have to see how it all plays out!

Cheers!

that would be great. if your going through smithers, i’ll give you my phone number earlier and we can meet. i just got back from terrace where i had a cat scan on my enlarged aorta. i’ll look forward to meeting you. 

40 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

that would be great. if your going through smithers, i’ll give you my phone number earlier and we can meet. i just got back from terrace where i had a cat scan on my enlarged aorta. i’ll look forward to meeting you. 

Me too!

Hey, why did you have your cat scanned! (bad Joke!)

I am allowed to make corny jokes like that...……..2 stents in my left aorta (96 % blockage, before it was replumbed)

8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Me too!

Hey, why did you have your cat scanned! (bad Joke!)

I am allowed to make corny jokes like that...……..2 stents in my left aorta (96 % blockage, before it was replumbed)

sounds like an alf joke.  doctor said when the aorta grows to 5 centimetres they consider repairing it. mine was at 4.9. i guess the cat scan will give a more accurate measurement.  you should look up chon derry in rupert too. he is a neat canucker fan and general roustabout/taxi driver.

So it looks like we finish in the 23rd spot. If we win and the flyers win we are still in 23rd.

So we will select between 9th and 12th. When you run the simulator the odds are we won't drop more then one spot. There is potential to drop 3 but higher odds for one. We should be top ten.

Unless we win a top three of course.

We will also have a top 40 pick and 71st.  Three picks in the top 100.

7 minutes ago, appleboy said:

So it looks like we finish in the 23rd spot. If we win and the flyers win we are still in 23rd.

So we will select between 9th and 12th. When you run the simulator the odds are we won't drop more then one spot. There is potential to drop 3 but higher odds for one. We should be top ten.

Unless we win a top three of course.

We will also have a top 40 pick and 71st.  Three picks in the top 100.

Anaheim could finish ahead of us

Archived