The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 02, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Myers had a terrible game tonight... looked horrible... in comparison to Trouba who is the real talent there behind big Buff.

Trouba is RFA Myers us UFA. 

We're not getting Trouba it would cost too much in trade. That's if WPG is even willing to trade him.

That's why ppl on here usually talk about signing Myers this summer. 

He did make that horrible give away today.. I'm not a big fan and he'll be overpaid on a long term contract.. 

Maybe JB can make a good trade for a RH Dman.  

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

We're not getting Trouba it would cost too much in trade. That's if WPG is even willing to trade him.

He did make that horrible give away today.. I'm not a big fan and he'll be overpaid on a long term contract.. 

I agree, Trouba is going nowhere.

Not sure Myers is the solution here.  Obviously he would be better than a lot of the options in place now... but the cost and term might be high.

Canucks has a wonderful scoring in the very early opening, but a little bit slow in the rest of first period.

The 2nd period is much better, however, cannot not tie the record.

The turning point is 2-2 score in the third period. Pearson trade is another good trade made by Benning.

It looks that we have Bo, Pearson, Petty, Brocker, Leivo and Jake for the top six, and Beagle, Roussel, Motte, Granlund in the botton six for the coming season. We just need to add one/two skill, physical players, then the forwarder group will be done.

The D-group, I like Schenn and hope BN will keep him in the lineup next season. Of course, Hughes and Stretch should be in the D-line up.

Personally I would like to trade Tanev and Edler for top picks, and hope OJ and Woo are coming up to NHL soon.

Thinking about Petey's struggles lately... have to wonder if they are linked to the fact Goldy isn't on his wing.

I'm not a huge fan of Goldobin, but they do have some chemistry which is currently missing on the line.

I'd like to see Baertschi on the line with Horvat and Pearson and Goldy back with Pettersson for at least one game.

Baertschi has definite chemistry with Bo and that would add to what Bo has going on with Pearson.

3 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Yeah and the Sharks just bolted off the ice like sore losers. Great leadership they have there on that team! Maybe our great farewell to Cameron will give us some much needed good karma when it comes to our Burrows like luck with reffing the last few seasons ;)

Oh please,

Canucks final home game and you don't think its classy for the Sharks to leave the Canucks in their glory with the home fans.

3 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Refs : “ hey that French guy on the Canucks is at it again , throw the book at them “ 

“no-no, that was Burrows years ago , sigh “

No wait! they gave Lonnie a stick, we like the Canucks now!

Not sure if they showed it on TV or not but at the end of the game when the team saluted the crowd, Edler went out of his way and gave a solo wave to the crowd. Did a little twirl by himself and it sort of seemed like a last look/goodbye.

I wonder if that might be his last ever home game at Rogers Arena? Sort of got Hamhuis vibes when I noticed him going out of his way to acknowledge the crowd. Loyal through thick and thin but maybe he just wants to leave town on his own terms if it comes down to it and not mid season as he’s invested his entire life+family in Vancouver.

4 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Thinking about Petey's struggles lately... have to wonder if they are linked to the fact Goldy isn't on his wing.

I'm not a huge fan of Goldobin, but they do have some chemistry which is currently missing on the line.

I'd like to see Baertschi on the line with Horvat and Pearson and Goldy back with Pettersson for at least one game.

Baertschi has definite chemistry with Bo and that would add to what Bo has going on with Pearson.

I have been thinking there is an undisclosed hand or wrist injury.

May just be that NHL coaches have enough tape on him now, they have everyone closing in on him and he gets no time or room.  The good thing is though Brock has had more room and his scoring went up.  That will be the challenge for opposing coaches with this line, who do you focus on.

39 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

sure acts like one.  Look how he lead team to shake the ref's hand, and take the team off ice acknowledging the fans.

100% captain next season. Will probably be at the draft as such. I think Gaudette might be an A one day. Every time he sees Bo at the end like that he has such excitement and really gives it a good high five with Bo. Love it. This team is already becoming a very close team, and that will be the difference with us compared to others in a few years when we are major contenders. 

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Agreed, not a big fan either as I said but Benning has to make some kind of move... standing pat will have the anti-Benning crowd screaming... but then, him making a signing or especially a trade, pretty much regardless of the context will likely have them screaming anyways lol 

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

May just be that NHL coaches have enough tape on him now, they have everyone closing in on him and he gets no time or room.  The good thing is though Brock has had more room and his scoring went up.  That will be the challenge for opposing coaches with this line, who do you focus on.

Or maybe he just burned out, like most rookies do

6 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I agree, Trouba is going nowhere.

Not sure Myers is the solution here.  Obviously he would be better than a lot of the options in place now... but the cost and term might be high.

Better is what this team needs in defence.  Tanev is becoming a non factor with his injuries.  Schenn is earning a deal, hope he can be a player for us next year.  

Can we go into next season with a right side of Tanev, Stecher and Schenn?  

Myers coming in would make Tanev tradeable.  IMO Myers at 6.5 is worth more than Tanev plus the assets Tanev would bring in a trade.  

Put Tanev on a roster with some depth on the top paring and he would.be very effective.  His contract is reasonable  and expiring.  Great pick up for any team with cup aspirations.  

Myers, Edler, Schenn (we have to re sign both of these guys IMO) and Hutton give our defence a mobile big set of d men allowing Stecher, Hughes, Biega and OJ room.  

Beyond 6.5 for Myers is too much.  But I would gladly upgrade our defence and in particular pur right side in FA.  

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

I think you could.be right.  The $&!# hasn't been there since around the all star break.  He also seems to be focussing more on the d side of the game.  Would really like him to crack 30 goals, but he seems really stuck on 27.  

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Problem is the supply of RH Dman isn’t great (forget just the good ones...ie., top 4 D).  Getting a good one via trade will cost us prime asset(s).  Forget guys like Granlund or Goldy (could get third pairing guys for them).  

8 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Better is what this team needs in defence.  Tanev is becoming a non factor with his injuries.  Schenn is earning a deal, hope he can be a player for us next year.  

Can we go into next season with a right side of Tanev, Stecher and Schenn?  

Myers coming in would make Tanev tradeable.  IMO Myers at 6.5 is worth more than Tanev plus the assets Tanev would bring in a trade.  

Put Tanev on a roster with some depth on the top paring and he would.be very effective.  His contract is reasonable  and expiring.  Great pick up for any team with cup aspirations.  

Myers, Edler, Schenn (we have to re sign both of these guys IMO) and Hutton give our defence a mobile big set of d men allowing Stecher, Hughes, Biega and OJ room.  

Beyond 6.5 for Myers is too much.  But I would gladly upgrade our defence and in particular pur right side in FA.  

The D needs a makeover and they definitely need an upgrade on the right side and a durable one.  I have no problem with this because there are no prospects who are close on the right side.  Woo is coming but 2-3 years is a reasonable expectation for him imo (IF he makes it)

On the left, Edler is a no brainer to re-sign (2 years ideally).  I think this leaves Hutton, with his too high for the bottom pair salary and his mixed performance, a candidate for a trade.  Sell high on this guy Jim.  Sautner, Briesbois and OJ are waiting in the wings

Archived