The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 & SN 650: What station do you prefer?

Rate this topic

dpn1

1040 or 650?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interesting how CDC skews almost opposite to the overall Vancouver fan base, with CDCers preferring 650 over 1040, by nearly a 2:1 margin, yet in the actual local radio ratings, 1040 dominates the market.

Guess it makes sense. The average CDCer is very pro-Benning and pro-organization, whereas the general fan base itself tends to be a little more critical of the team (at least on average).

And 650 is certainly the less critical of the two stations.

Would be interesting to see this poll on HFBoards. They’d probably have to add a third voting option for hating both stations for being “cheerleaders.” :lol:

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Interesting how CDC skews almost opposite to the overall Vancouver fan base, with CDCers preferring 650 over 1040, by nearly a 2:1 margin, yet in the actual local radio ratings, 1040 dominates the market.

Guess it makes sense. The average CDCer is very pro-Benning and pro-organization, whereas the general fan base itself tends to be a little more critical of the team (at least on average).

And 650 is certainly the less critical of the two stations.

Would be interesting to see this poll on HFBoards. They’d probably have to add a third voting option for hating both stations for being “cheerleaders.” :lol:

1040 didn't lose me because of any stance on Benning.  It lost me with the way it handled its monopoly on sports radio when it had one.  I was very glad when they lost the Canucks rights and had to face competition again.

Back in the "1040 heyday" they were selling their ad time to online scams and strip clubs, and they weren't bothering to even make content for one second of the day more than they could get away with, and that's setting aside that the % of time that was ads rose year after year after year after year after year in constant search of how far they could push things.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

I can't stand one of the 650 guys... I think itis Satiar Shah.

The dude can't even ask a question... everytime he tries, he spends 5 minutes answering his own question and waffling around before he lets the person respond.  A good interviewer tries to get more out of a guest... this guy basically covers all the ground and only leaves a yes or no left for anyone trying to answer.

1040 . Morning show with Halford mid day show with Taylor and Moj are good.  When sekeres comes on I’ll flip it to 650.

be interesting to see how this breaks down by age demographic.  I’m older and I like the old school guys like Taylor.   

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

650 is much better then 1040 and it’s not even close.  

1040 is a terrible version of TMZ.  

650 has Alex Auld, Todd Bertuzzi, Ed Jovanovski, and Eliot Friedman.  

Not even close, sorry Donny I do like you still from your Sportspage days. 

This.

I listen to 650 90% of the time and only change when they go to other sports (when I check to see if 1040's talking hockey).

I really enjoy Reach Deep/Dan Riccio and Randip Janda.  Counter to that, I can't stand Rick Dhaliwal...feel like he's trying hard to take over Don Cherry's schtick.  Loud, boisterous, know it all...but it seems more like an act where I feel that it was just who Grapes was.

Should be a 'neither' button. 

They both suck... Either ends of the pendulum.  650 isn't all that professional.  Novice, unrefined presentation.  But way more positive when talking canucks.  1040 has refined vets and their presentation is much more smooth and polished.  But I just have a heavy dislike for Sekeres and don't want to support anything he's associated with... He's just a horrible sh!t disturber.  Way to negative.  So basically, I'm transitioning away from listening to either station.  I come here or just searching the net for latest news on canucks.  I'll still listen to the games as I think 650 does a good job broadcasting the games.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

On 4/3/2019 at 10:16 AM, SingleThorn said:

Neither. Listened to 650 for the first time in a couple of months. 9:15 am ( don't know names ) ....the themes were Virtanen must be traded and can JB last another year ! It was like CDC when only the negative ninjas are allowed to post. Garbage ! ( 1040......ex-Pratt and Sekeres.....get lost )

Funny I tuned them out as soon as they got on this track.  It was very much a theme for a few days there and it got so repetitive/monotonous.