The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Apr. 04, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

So... has anyone seen anything regarding Canucks players playing in the Worlds ? 

One of the easterrn media blowhards tweeted that Hughes will play for USA. 

9 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Progress now means accepting NHL bias and corrupt officiating?

Guess what, it isn't.

Who the **** cares?

I'll care when there is something on the line. 

Next season.

Tonight that bull**** reffing helped us.

Truth.

Part of what’s killing EP is that his line seems to be dumping it in more than you would expect a top line to dump it in.  They are constantly chasing the puck. Don’t know if it’s coz they don’t know how to deal with the checking, if it’s because the d can’t help them rush the puck, or if it’s coaching... I thought Jake could help the with zone entries 

First goal definitely shouldn’t have counted. Whistle blew, despite the puck being loose.

The second goal could have gone either way, honestly. I think the refs processed the play as the puck was already deflecting towards Bonino while Markstrom was sliding the opposite direction. There was no way of Markstrom even having a chance to stop the puck. Also, Markstrom and Sissons (or Watson whoever it was) both slid into each other. 

I'm good.

Given the situation where we are right now positionaly, I'd rather watch this team lose a game they deserved to win. Robbed by refs, or flukey goals, or for whatever reason. Rather than win a game we didn't really deserve to win, and put little effort or witnessed much promise in our prospects.  I thought other than a few shifts where the Preds showed their pedigree and stepped it up, for the most part we put in more effort and deserved a better fate. Especially Marky who if anyone doubts anymore that he's a bonifide #1 then...no soup for you!

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Who the **** cares?

I'll care when there is something on the line. 

Next season.

Tonight that bull**** reffing helped us.

Truth.

Oh give it a rest.

"Us"???  Who's "us"?   I care about the team, not a bunch of sheeple who have an idea that the grass is always greener.

Helped Petey?  I doubt it. 

Helped Marky...who deserved a win?  Nope.

So please, stop.

Truth

If the Canucks win this draft lottery with the first overall pick, it will be because of this game.  Let the nature takes its course and it will bite the league back hard for trying to fix a game.   Thank you NHL if this should happen.   At least, we didn't tank at least once in last three years, with this latest winning streak and now screwed over by the ref and we win the lottery, not 3rd pick, not 2nd pick but first pick, NHL will learn not to try this again in the future with meaningless game where the Canucks is eliminated and they are trying to reward the Preds a home ice for the first two rounds.  

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Says every single bandwagoner ever. 

Deb,  I usually find myself with the same opinions as yours on this forum.

But to call me a bandwagoner is a joke.  Give your head a shake.  I've been here on this forum 14 years.

And been a fan for 30.  To call me a bandwagoner because I accept the last 2 games are meaningless, and losing HELPS us right now,  that is bull****.

I am here as a die hard fan missing the playoffs like no other. And the only way to get the feeling of being a Canucks fan with the boys in the playoffs again is to start filling out the core.  Fastest way is through the draft.   Higher the draft pick,  higher % that pick will be a player we can compete for the cup with.

You can disagree with me wanting to lose the last 2 games,  and I get it.  But i do take a lot of offense being called a bandwagoner.  Especially when I am positive about this team through 90% of the season.

Archived