The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADSF: (A1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) Columbus Blue Jackets | Blue Jackets win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2019 at 11:00 PM

Just now, peaches5 said:

What's he going to do pulling his Vezina winning goalie? The only chance they have is if he plays unbelievably.

A lot of people (including NBC crew) suggested that.

After trailing 3-0 at the end of the first (with the second goal totally on Bob's back).

29 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What a tough loss for Tbay. I'm sure they'll be ready for next game but that's an incredible comeback for CBJ. 

Tampa was ready. It was cbj that didnt look ready. But cbj still won.  If tampa loses game 2, cbj will take this series. 

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Tampa was ready. It was cbj that didnt look ready. But cbj still won.  If tampa loses game 2, cbj will take this series. 

Yeah Tampa was ready but tailed off. CBJ wasn't ready but improved as it went along.

I'm sure Tbay will have some extra fire for game 2. Can't go down 2-0 at home when your this big a favourite. 

25 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Bobrovsky wasnt even that good.  Watch out when he gets hot. Tampas goaile looked weak. 84. 6 save percentage. 

Stamkos -2, 0 pts

Kucherov - 1, 0 pts. 

Stamkos playoff numbers and stats are brutal throughout his career so far. 

19 minutes ago, Riviera82 said:

Does anyone else kind of hope that the BJs win the series?

Yes and no. Yes............... Loved that Kekalainen went outside the usual comfort zone and threw everything he had at winning now. CBJ were a little too close to not being in the playoffs for comfort. No #1.............hated Totorella as our coach ! No #2..............If TML make it to the second round, I think TBL are better suited to making sure they don't get to the SCF !

Stamkos is such a playoff choker but gets a free pass by everyone. 0pts to start the post season.

He’s lucky he’s Canadian because if it weren’t for that and say he were Russian instead, he’d get non stop scrutiny. Not to

mention his track record of how goes completely invisible in game 7’s and has some shocking 0 points or 0 goals statistic. Has never risen to the occasion and definitely not a big game player. 

...it’s funny how he has virtually the same ppg playoff average as Henrik Sedin but Hank got pooped on his entire career. Stamkos on the other hand, not a word. Years past Tyler Johnson becomes their 1C in the playoffs as Stamkos disappears. He’s lucky they have Point now so he has even less of a burden to produce having such an all around great team. 

https://www.rawcharge.com/2018/4/16/17243378/seen-stamkos-the-curious-case-of-the-captains-lack-of-playoff

He’s only had 2 multi goal games in his playoff career & his goal scoring average cuts in half compared to the regular season. 

He has to prove himself at this stage so until he does, I’m just going to say it how it is. Again, he’s lucky the Bolts are so stacked this year. Maybe the best chance he’ll have in his career after the cap crunch Tampa’s going to endure after this year.

• Cheers 2

I like Stammer but I agree with the above post. He always seems to disappear when his team needs him the most. This not only applies to Tampa but also Team Canada. When Canada won the World Cup in 2016 he had 1 lousy goal the ENTIRE tournament and he was playing with elite players like Tavares, Toews, Getzlaf and Perry. 

Not sure what is keeping him from being a big game player. He dominates in the regular season but is completely ineffective come crunch time.

Hopefully he can get going.

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Tampa should still win, they had a break down and I'm sure it won't happen again, but with that said I still believe if Tampa has to face Washington at some point, Washington will beat them.

Never know. Cbj might beat tampa.

WSH barely beat CBJ last year. They were down 2 games to 0 and 3rd game went to double OT. And I think couple more games went to OT

That was the closest series of the playoffs. 

WSH got hot after game 3 or 4. Then they looked unbeatable. Destroyed Pens in 2nd round. 

Would love to see WSH win another cup. 

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, playboi19 said:

We had an excuse, Keith murdered D.Sedin before the 1st round. What excuse does Tampa have?

D sedin being healthy wouldn't have made a difference. That LA team was on fire. They dominated the playoffs both times they won the cup. 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

D sedin being healthy wouldn't have made a difference. That LA team was on fire. They dominated the playoffs both times they won the cup. 

Daniel won the Art Ross and Ted Lindsay awards the previous year. I think that type of superstar would've made all the difference. 

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows to Higgins-Sedin-Burrows

It's like taking Rantanen off the Av's and replacing him with Andrighetto.

Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen to Landeskog-Mackinnon-Andrighetto

The PP is a disaster, everyones moved up a line, it screws up everything.