• Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2019 at 10:00 PM

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not sure why Ekholm always complains after committing obvious penalties. 

Honestly surprised that was a penalty.  There were a couple worse things let go by the refs just prior.

Edited by Rindiculous

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Honestly surprised that was a penalty.  There were a couple things let go by the refs just prior.

I'm not, running at a guy on his knees along the boards no matter how minor will get a call every time. It's stupid and reckless, well earned call. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm not, running at a guy on his knees along the board no matter how minor will get a call every time. It's stupid and reckless, well earned call. 

Wait what?  I thought he got the penalty called for pushing him to the ice.  When he was down at the boards I don't think Ekholm even touched him lol.  Also I think that it might have just been because it was Ekholm.  Remember he got an unsportsmanlike in the first which must mean he crossed the line with the refs and they don't really like that.

Edited by Rindiculous

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Wait what?  I thought he got the penalty called for pushing him to the ice.  When he was down at the boards I don't think Ekholm even touched him lol.

It was boarding he made minor contact with the head trying to pinch him off. 

Just now, Rindiculous said:

Lol it was so minor that it looked like he didn't even touch him.  Very weak call seeing as Ekholm was just going for the puck.

Going for the puck or not, it was reckless. Especially when a player was just suspended for a similar but more deliberate play. That gets called every time. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Going for the puck or not, it was reckless. Especially when a player was just suspended for a similar but more deliberate play. That gets called every time. 

I don't see how going for the puck and barely making contact if any is reckless.  How are you supposed to play hockey?  Back off completely and let Dallas have no resistance to controlling the puck?

I don't see how going for the puck and barely making contact if any is reckless.  How are you supposed to play hockey?  Back off completely and let Dallas have no resistance to controlling the puck?

Not make contact with a guys head against the boards. It was reckless not malicious ergo a 2 minute minor. Ekholm between his play and constant whining about calls has to be more aware he will never get the benefit of the doubt on that kind of play. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Not make contact with a guys head against the boards. It was reckless not malicious ergo a 2 minute minor. Ekholm between his play and constant whining about calls has to be more aware he will never get the benefit of the doubt on that kind of play. 

Yup, that's why I think it was called.  He's been giving the refs $&!# all night.  He better play a very clean game from now on.

• Cheers 1

Yup, that's why I think it was called.  He's been giving the refs $&!# all night.  He better play a very clean game from now on.

I agree it wasn't terrible and maybe if it was Hamhuis, Subban or Josi it probably doesn't get called. But if you're as reckless and douchey as Ekholm is you're SOL.