• Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2019 at 10:00 PM

What we need most is a guy like Seth Jones.  A big physical guy who runs the d. 

Like werensky and Jones in cbj. We have Hughes now need a guy like jones. 

Anyone know if there's a guy with Jones type of game in this draft?

I mean someone who has potential to bring that type of game and size..  who would be closest. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

What we need most is a guy like Seth Jones.  A big physical guy who runs the d. 

Like werensky and Jones in cbj. We have Hughes now need a guy like jones. 

Anyone know if there's a guy with Jones type of game in this draft?

I mean someone who has potential to bring that type of game and size..  who would be closest. 

Broberg? 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Broberg? 

I googled him. He's a big boy. Great skater. Says complete 2 way Dman. 

Ranked mid 1st round. Doesn't have great offensive numbers but has played up in age. Playing against men all ready. 

I think hes the type of player JB might go for. 

Bromberg on D or Caulfield if he goes for a sniper skilled forward. He'd look good in the top 6 with EP or Horvat.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to CDSF: (C1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC1) Dallas Stars | Series tied 1-1
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, WHL rocks said:

This is a chippy game. 

Going for Dallas. not really a Subban fan and really like heiskanen. 

I think Subban will get moved this summer. 

Perhaps to Vancouver? Subban and their 1st for #10 and Tanev/Hutton? It would be a big splash at the draft here plus we would still get to pick in the 1st round. There could be a possibility of a straight swap of pick and player and even perhaps us adding a bit more, but I'd like to see if we can still maintain a 1st round pick in our draft here.

Subban would pretty much be a cap dump for them at this point although they still have a couple of million to work with and a relatively full roster. And while Subban is turning 30 for next season, he will only have his big contract for the next 3 years. Depending on how he performs, we can see if we would like to extend him or not (perhaps at a lower cap). Tanev would add some veteran stability on the RD side at a much lower cost. They are pretty set on the LD side, but Hutton would be a cheaper option for them. We could dangle a forward if they prefer as we are overloaded, so maybe someone like Granlund who would be cheap and they've recently acquired his brother. A long shot would be if they're interested in Sutter, who loves his country music, but Nashville is pretty set down the middle.

With that said, you're not really a Subban fan, so probably not interested anyway lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Perhaps to Vancouver? Subban and their 1st for #10 and Tanev/Hutton? It would be a big splash at the draft here plus we would still get to pick in the 1st round. There could be a possibility of a straight swap of pick and player and even perhaps us adding a bit more, but I'd like to see if we can still maintain a 1st round pick in our draft here.

Subban would pretty much be a cap dump for them at this point although they still have a couple of million to work with and a relatively full roster. And while Subban is turning 30 for next season, he will only have his big contract for the next 3 years. Depending on how he performs, we can see if we would like to extend him or not (perhaps at a lower cap). Tanev would add some veteran stability on the RD side at a much lower cost. They are pretty set on the LD side, but Hutton would be a cheaper option for them. We could dangle a forward if they prefer as we are overloaded, so maybe someone like Granlund who would be cheap and they've recently acquired his brother. A long shot would be if they're interested in Sutter, who loves his country music, but Nashville is pretty set down the middle.

With that said, you're not really a Subban fan, so probably not interested anyway lol

Lol ya I'm not a  big Subban fan. I like the player but not a big fan of his over bearing personality. 

I'm not sure I want our young players to have to deal with that personality. With PK there's no off switch. It's all PK all the time. 

Even the Preds leadership had to pull him aside and reign him in during the playoffs a couple of years ago. 

JB did peruse him when he got traded out of MTL so who knows. Maybe JB still has interest in him. 

The package you put forth seems reasonable. 10th plus Hutton for PK plus Preds 1st. 

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Nashville would never add Tanev.  For Laviolette the Ds have to be able to generate offence.  Not just a 1st pass or bringing the puck in the zone.  He says there is no positional play in the o-zone just 5 guys who are working together to score a goal.  It's not unusual to have both Ds below the hashmarks.  

Laviolette feels that if you have defensive minded players then you end up playing defence while he wants to play offence.  He says that over 80% of offensive situations cannot be practiced - it's just reads and hockey IQ.  Hutton and Tanev wouldn't be the kind of Ds they would target.

I would think that if they want to move Subban it's to make room for Fabbro or they could also be thinking of going after Karlsson.  Poile did look into acquiring him.  I think they'll look at Duchene first though.  

Poile's concern is his 2nd line and he's tried several times to bring in Duchene - he'll need to find a way to trade Turris though.

Sutter is redundant on their team - they have Sissons, Jarnkrok, Bonino as two-way Cs that can play in all defensive situations and move up if need be.  Granlund is also of no interest - they have Jarnkrok who can play all over the lineup.  

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Lol ya I'm not a  big Subban fan. I like the player but not a big fan of his over bearing personality. 

I'm not sure I want our young players to have to deal with that personality. With PK there's no off switch. It's all PK all the time. 

Even the Preds leadership had to pull him aside and reign him in during the playoffs a couple of years ago. 

JB did peruse him when he got traded out of MTL so who knows. Maybe JB still has interest in him. 

The package you put forth seems reasonable. 10th plus Hutton for PK plus Preds 1st. 

On the left they already have Josi and Ekholm.  They aren't trading Subban for a 3rd pairing D that is going to play around 12min a night.

2 hours ago, mll said:

Nashville would never add Tanev.  For Laviolette the Ds have to be able to generate offence.  Not just a 1st pass or bringing the puck in the zone.  He says there is no positional play in the o-zone just 5 guys who are working together to score a goal.  It's not unusual to have both Ds below the hashmarks.  

Laviolette feels that if you have defensive minded players then you end up playing defence while he wants to play offence.  He says that over 80% of offensive situations cannot be practiced - it's just reads and hockey IQ.  Hutton and Tanev wouldn't be the kind of Ds they would target.

I would think that if they want to move Subban it's to make room for Fabbro or they could also be thinking of going after Karlsson.  Poile did look into acquiring him.  I think they'll look at Duchene first though.  

Poile's concern is his 2nd line and he's tried several times to bring in Duchene - he'll need to find a way to trade Turris though.

Sutter is redundant on their team - they have Sissons, Jarnkrok, Bonino as two-way Cs that can play in all defensive situations and move up if need be.  Granlund is also of no interest - they have Jarnkrok who can play all over the lineup.  

They will have a hard time moving Turris (just signed a 6 year deal) and bringing in Duchene might cost them about 8 million+ a season long term. We have cap room, so there may be a way to make it all work out.

If Nashville has no problem attracting UFAs, then maybe they can afford to move players for slightly less value. Getting a #10 pick while being a contender is nothing to sneeze at.

Perhaps there isn't a trade that makes sense for both sides, but if there was, it would certainly make waves in our home draft to nab a high quality RD and still have a 1st rounder to boot.