The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Avalanche win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 02:30 AM

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I like Mac a lot and he is probably better suited for the playoffs, but there’s no way he’s better than McDavid, talent wise. 

No, not talent wise but he is the better all around/200ft player. No doubt about it. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

I don’t know If it’s just me but for some reason I think mackinnon might be better than macdavid. Call me crazy but mackinnon is an absolute beast and he is so much stronger. He is also really in control of his body, Mcdavid tends to be too fast sometimes to a point where he leaves himself only with one option, which is to drive the net. 

Imo, he's the best player in the world right now.

MacKinnon

Ovie

McD

Sid

Kuch

16 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

lol flames had no depth and got exposed in playoffs

Avs were pretty much a one line team coming into the playoffs as well.

Difference was Mackinnon and the general truculence of the teams.  Avs had it, Flames didn't.

The only thing that really surprised me about this series was the fact that Johnny couldn't get it going at all and the fact that goaltending for the Flames wasn't really an issue.

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm watching the SN/HNIC post game show. 5 mins after Canada's best regular season team being eliminated they shift to Leafs/Matthews talk.

What a kick in the nuts. And MacLean tried to make it seem like Toronto is a 'bright side' for 'Canadian hockey fans'. Most Canadian fans outside Ontario want Toronto lose right now, or get destroyed against CBJ. 

This is demonstrably false.  The reason that it is mandatory to have a Leafs game on in primetime every Saturday night is they pretty much crush every other team in every market across Canada.  

Every time the Leafs play in every city in Canada, Florida, Buffalo, Detroit, Pheonix, LV and probably a few cities that I haven't thought of the stadium is half Leaf fans.  

We may resent the attention the Leafs get but their fans are loyal, numerous and spread across the continent.