The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Avalanche win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 02:30 AM

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

This is demonstrably false.  The reason that it is mandatory to have a Leafs game on in primetime every Saturday night is they pretty much crush every other team in every market across Canada.  

Every time the Leafs play in every city in Canada, Florida, Buffalo, Detroit, Pheonix, LV and probably a few cities that I haven't thought of the stadium is half Leaf fans.  

We may resent the attention the Leafs get but their fans are loyal, numerous and spread across the continent.   

Thats fine, but were talking about after the Flames last game of the season. Right after they get eliminated. After the late game. It was likely past 1 am in Toronto.

I can't imagine the Canucks getting eliminated from the playoffs as a #1 seed, & the panel talking about it for a few mins then switching to Leafs talk. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Their numbers (population) factor in.  Trust me...I know a few Leaf "fans"...don't even watch hockey for the most part then glom on to the playoff bandwagon.  They're the best except they don't even know most of the players on the roster.

I think some of this statement is demonstrably false.  "Half"?  Hmmm.  "Crushed"?  Hmmm.  We're forcefed them, that's all.  If the other teams got the exposure we likely wouldn't hate them or resent them as much.  They don't deserve all the attention they get...they've sucked for some time now.  Why should we care how many people support them?  I want to watch exciting hockey, not the Golden boys who think wearing a Maple Leaf means they represent Canada.  There are a handful of other teams that represent THEIR portions of this country that get swallowed up in the Leaf blower.

Displaced Torontonians are no more loyal than the rest of us...if they were, they'd stay "home" in their beloved city.  Can we send the ones here back?  They seemed to have lost their way.

I am just saying that there is a reason they are on every week.  They draw viewers from every region.  Don't think we should just attack the fan base because HNIC have been Leaf blowers for so long.  Attack them for acting like idiots when they act like idiots but be prepared to compare our idiocy.  Serious glass houses issues here.

Every team has casual fans that only watch in the playoffs or follow the team indirectly.  Canuck's have tons as do all sports teams.  Sometimes it is where you grew up, I still cheer for the Celtics because I lived in that area for a while.  Sometimes it is just theat was mom or dad's team.  I don't feel that that is really a fair criticism.

Really I think it is HNIC that should be getting the criticism but that is projected on the Leaf's and their fans.

I still prefer to cheer for Canadian teams, it would really bother me to see the Leaf's raise the cup before we do but I would still cheer for the Canadian team.  I am okay if that is a little hypocritical.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Personally emotionally i kinda want to see a TOR-NYI series in conference finals. Tavares vs his old team would be a good storyline. 

But with that said I have caps in my draft so my brain wants caps for the repeat. 

TBH, I'm a bit surprised that people would be hoping for Boston over the Leafs. I love Big Z and Bergeron, but the rest of the Bs can die like dogs....(and that was goaltender interference last night)

I'm with you on the scenario. (minus the Caps repeating) Watching the Isles send JT to the golf course would be must-see TV for me,

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

he was still whining to the refs during the handshake allegedly lol

Someone posted a short video of Johnny yelling at the refs during the hand shake.  He wasn’t even looking at the guys he was shaking hands with.  He kept looking over to the refs, who were standing in front of the score keeper’s box. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Someone posted a short video of Johnny yelling at the refs during the hand shake.  He wasn’t even looking at the guys he was shaking hands with.  He kept looking over to the refs, who were standing in front of the score keeper’s box. 

yes he's a little puke i cant stand his whiny face. he's got a reputation around the league now which is good. 

remember how fLame fans constantly whined about us having a soft diving team? well karma bit their asses hard LOL

their players are not good enough. Giordano is done, he played his best hockey in his career and was completely invisible. Smith is like 38 and Rittich is a huge question mark.

calgary fans are also turning on their golden child Ratchuk, who was a non factor after game 1 hahaha. 

i know flames fans envy our core players, they see Petey/Brock/Bo/Quinn/Demko and they have no answer for this in the future. B)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

57649076_668382236932287_8818208938391502848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=b28e3680c433ac58e287c64f7967f183&oe=5D2971CC

It's empty.  Keith Tkachuk has cleaned the entire city out of food, except for the 20 chickens wearing Flames jerseys.  One dedicated group of fans have resorted to butchering up their girlfriends into cheeseburgers to tide everyone over.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Trebreh said:

yes he's a little puke i cant stand his whiny face. he's got a reputation around the league now which is good. 

remember how fLame fans constantly whined about us having a soft diving team? well karma bit their asses hard LOL

their players are not good enough. Giordano is done, he played his best hockey in his career and was completely invisible. Smith is like 38 and Rittich is a huge question mark.

calgary fans are also turning on their golden child Ratchuk, who was a non factor after game 1 hahaha. 

i know flames fans envy our core players, they see Petey/Brock/Bo/Quinn/Demko and they have no answer for this in the future. B)

But but but I thought the Lames were miles ahead of us. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Great Canucks said:

Love all the crying from lames fans on Calgary Puck.

They actually think all they have to do to rid themselves of Neal is add a pick :lol:

No, you need to retain 35% salary minimum AND add a 2nd. He's a 1 dimensional scorer who couldn't score. Good luck ridding yourselves of that deal.