The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Avalanche win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 02:30 AM

On 4/12/2019 at 4:36 AM, TNucks1 said:

lol poor ottawa

Poor Nashville too.  

Turris since last playoffs has not been very good and he has 5 more years at 6M to go.  Girard would also be really useful now.

Edited by mll

19 hours ago, Trebreh said:

yes he's a little puke i cant stand his whiny face. he's got a reputation around the league now which is good. 

remember how fLame fans constantly whined about us having a soft diving team? well karma bit their asses hard LOL

their players are not good enough. Giordano is done, he played his best hockey in his career and was completely invisible. Smith is like 38 and Rittich is a huge question mark.

calgary fans are also turning on their golden child Ratchuk, who was a non factor after game 1 hahaha. 

i know flames fans envy our core players, they see Petey/Brock/Bo/Quinn/Demko and they have no answer for this in the future. B)

There is something to be said about just going about your business and not worrying about the refs - Bo, Boeser and Petey all seem to get that. They talk to the refs when needed but otherwise focus on playing. Definitely like that about the current group...self driven and accountable.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I said it when they traded him, getting rid of Ferland would come back to bite them. I get that he might not be a great regular season player, but a guy like him adds that depth of toughness to a playoff team. Might not score a ton of points but will contribute overall. So glad he's still in and Calgary is out.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, wiseupsucker said:

I said it when they traded him, getting rid of Ferland would come back to bite them. I get that he might not be a great regular season player, but a guy like him adds that depth of toughness to a playoff team. Might not score a ton of points but will contribute overall. So glad he's still in and Calgary is out.

Exactly why I was shaking my head last summer. Lose Ferland to rid yourself of Hamilton......because Hamilton was too soft. 

11 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

They actually think all they have to do to rid themselves of Neal is add a pick :lol:

No, you need to retain 35% salary minimum AND add a 2nd. He's a 1 dimensional scorer who couldn't score. Good luck ridding yourselves of that deal. 

Maybe the Lames could trade Neal to the Soilers for Looch.

Secondary scoring for truculence. Oh wait....:lol:

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2019 at 9:46 AM, mll said:

Poor Nashville too.  

Turris since last playoffs has not been very good and he has 5 more years at 6M to go.  Girard would also be really useful now.

Trade for LE. Edit. Screw that. Lol. 

Edited by rekker

On 4/21/2019 at 5:16 PM, wiseupsucker said:

Fun fact: Ferland has played less than 21 minutes for Carolina this postseason. He got tossed early in the 2nd of game 2, and got hurt early in game 3. He hasn't contributed much of anything.

In fact, when the Flames got swept in the 2017 playoffs, he had zero points and was a -4. And in 2015, he missed most of the 2nd round with an injury. So really, he hasn't done jack in the playoffs since that one round against us.

• Upvote 2

On 4/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, debluvscanucks said:

So smug....this attitude is part of the problem, not a solution for Calgary.  A total lack of respect...he's a punk.

Just read on Sportsnet how he wouldn't accept any responsibility for the Flames loss - kid is becoming a locker room cancer in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:14 PM, Great Granny said:

Peters coached a horrible series. Same can be said about Cooper. The regular season playbook can be ripped up in the playoffs. Sometimes the even keeled, measured approach just won't work against a team that shifts into berserker mode.

look what happened when Peters left Carolina....Carolina made the playoffs and they won their first round against the defending champs (something Peters never did for the Canes)....maybe Peters is the problem.

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2019 at 6:03 AM, D-Money said:

Fun fact: Ferland has played less than 21 minutes for Carolina this postseason. He got tossed early in the 2nd of game 2, and got hurt early in game 3. He hasn't contributed much of anything.

In fact, when the Flames got swept in the 2017 playoffs, he had zero points and was a -4. And in 2015, he missed most of the 2nd round with an injury. So really, he hasn't done jack in the playoffs since that one round against us.

right on the money! He was allowed to charge the Canuck players without a penalty called in that series...other than that, he is generally hurt and not playing.