The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

Just now, Jack Fig said:

If Canucks want first .... it would take Boeser and #10. At least. 

Going for first isn’t even necessary I could easily see the Devils passing over Hughes. Need to be attacking second overall before the draft happens 

10th overall picks from the last 10 years.

2018- Evan Bouchard

2017- Owen Tippet

2016- Tyson Jost

2015- Mikko Rantanen

2014- Nick Ritchie

2013- Valerie Nichushkin

2012- Slater Koekkoek

2011- Jonas Brodin

2010- Dylan McIlrath

2009- Magnus Paajarvi

This doesn't leave me with a lot of hope.

4 minutes ago, shiznak said:

The curse of the 10th overall pick.

2018 - Bouchard

2017 - Tippett

2016 - Jost

2015 - Rantanen

2014 - Ritchie

2013 - Nichushkin

2012 - Koekkoek

2011 -  Brodin

2010 - McIlrath

2009 - Cowen

2008 - Hodgson

2007 - Ellerby

2006 - Frolik

2005 - Bourdon

2004 - Valabik

2003 - Kostitsyn

2002 - Nystrom

2001 - Blackburn

2000 -  Yakubov

Ew, gross.

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

So you are saying that the NHL, the Accounting firm and the 15 teams' official reps who are present at the drawing are complicit? Conspiracy theorist much??

I'm saying that the NHL has an open history of not making integrity a priority and it is naive to expect them to voluntarily clean up their act.  I simply don't trust these scumbags to conduct themselves as professionals and Bettman has no one to blame no one but himself to blame due to the league.'s continued misconduct  Money talks and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bettman advised the team's reps that they would get problem officials assigned to their games if they didn't keep their mouths shut.

I can't wait until we get a whistleblower and the NHL gets exposed for the corrupt organization that it is.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, shiznak said:

The curse of the 10th overall pick.

2018 - Bouchard

2017 - Tippett

2016 - Jost

2015 - Rantanen

2014 - Ritchie

2013 - Nichushkin

2012 - Koekkoek

2011 -  Brodin

2010 - McIlrath

2009 - Cowen

2008 - Hodgson

2007 - Ellerby

2006 - Frolik

2005 - Bourdon

2004 - Valabik

2003 - Kostitsyn

2002 - Nystrom

2001 - Blackburn

2000 -  Yakubov

Oh dear god 

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'm saying that the NHL has an open history of not making integrity a priority and it is naive to expect them to voluntarily clean up their act.  I simply don't trust these scumbags to conduct themselves as professionals and Bettman has no one to blame no one but himself to blame due to the league.'s continued misconduct  Money talks and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bettman advised the team's reps that they would get problem officials assigned to their games if they didn't keep their mouths shut.

I can't wait until we get a whistelblower and the NHL gets exposed for the corrupt organization that it is.

So you think all the teams are in on it?

11. Arthur Kaliyev, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL) 6-foot-1, 190 pounds: The company for 50 or more goals scored in an age 17 OHL season include John Tavares, Steven Stamkos, Jeff Skinner and most recently Alex DeBrincat.

maybe it's a good year for JB to move down and get an extra pick...not thrilled with the results of this lottery. Think the NHL needs to limit this to the bottom team from each division or something...

• Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I can't wait until we get a whistelblower and the NHL gets exposed for the corrupt organization that it is.

where did all this corruption manifest and how come i haven't heard of it before now?

• Haha 1

Just now, Jack Fig said:

If Canucks want first .... it would take Boeser and #10. At least. 

Lol if I'm Jersey I wouldn't even take that. If Hughes is as good as he's projected to be. Devils is pretty solid up front with hirshier as their 2c. Now all of a sudden devils have 3 1st overall this decade alone if you include hall lol. That's the new oiler

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

The draft lottery should be the bottom 5 teams, that's it.

The current system was designed to discourage tanking. If we won a few more games and took Hawks place, who knows. It doesnt work like that i know.  Just lottery, stats. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1