The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

100% incontrovertible evidence it was fixed

So the 15 GM’s in the room including the ones getting the shaft and the independent accounting firm that does the lotto are in on it? Sorry not rigged, we had an 84% chance of picking 9-12. We got 10 sounds like it checks out to me. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

So the 15 GM’s in the room including the ones getting the shaft and the independent accounting firm that does the lotto are in on it? Sorry not rigged, we had an 84% chance of picking 9-12. We got 10 sounds like it checks out to me. 

I was being sarcastic....

Of course it wasn't fixed. Rich people don't scam or cheat!!

(see current scam of rich people buying their kids way into college)

(see Trump the billionaire king of thieves and scammers...doesn't even pay his workers...god)

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Just now, King Heffy said:

Holy crap Dach is just dominating at both ends of the ice.  Wouldn't mind moving up a bit to make sure we get him, which wouldn't cost nearly as much as the top 3.

I'm on the fence with Dach he has a Kyle Beach vibe to him. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I'm on the fence with Dach he has a Kyle Beach vibe to him. 

I haven't seen any of this class play a ton.  Looks super strong on his skates with good hockey sense from what I can tell from this game, with a nice bit of a mean streak.

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Of course it wasn't fixed. Rich people don't scam or cheap!!

(see current scam of rich people buying their kids way into college)

(see Trump the billionaire king of thieves and scammers...doesn't even pay his workers...god)

Don't see the benefit for the accounting firm to be in on it, they would sink if that sort of corruption were true and found out. Sorry we had and 84% chance of picking 9-12 and that is where we ended up. 

• Upvote 2

I'd be a lot more bitter right now if we weren't developing talent the right way and also hadn't improved our drafting. 1st overall picks are nice but the Coilers are a perfect example of what happens when you don't develop your young players properly and have some leadership on and off the ice to guide them.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I honestly don't think there's a huge discrepancy between 1-10 this year.  Neither Hughes nor Kakko are going to be generational players, maybe not even frnchise players and there's at least 4-5 behind them who could easily be better picks.

I tend to agree - with the exception of Bowen - he sounds like the true cream of the crop for D men this year.

8 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I definitely think the NHL is missing an opportunity here for more fan engagement - I'd love to see the draft lottery live instead of Daly flipping those stupid cards.

But #1 is drawn first off, then 2, then 3 etc.  Where's the drama in that?

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

NYR with the #2 and Chicago with the #3... it's almost like the NHL wants those team to get better quicker to drive up league revenue....

Like when they sent McDavid to the sh**hole that is Edmonton. Give it up already, it's tiring. 

• Cheers 1