The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I kind of want Chicago to become extremely good again (at the same time as us).

I miss that rivalry a lot.

Nah they can go f$&k themselves and we can get back to a proper rivalry with CAL.  CHI needs to pay their dues and sleep in their Toews Kane bed with their three cups for another five years before they can get to a full on rebuild.  Hate this new lottery, under a system where drafting is all important let teams that just miss the playoffs pick top three is asinine.   PHI boned a bunch of us too.  The draft is supposed to be there to help bottom teams, not add core pieces to teams like CHI and even PHI a few years ago. 

• Upvote 4

Just gotta trade for Hall the we'll win.

Fun fact.  Hall a former 1st overall pick has now been on teams that have picked 1st overall 5 times.

Of those 5 1st overall picks, one is a 2nd line center.  One is out of the league.  One is McDavid.  Hischier in NJ is not wowing anyone and now Hughes or Kaapo will be under scrutiny.

For those counting, Hall has 5, 1st overall picks in 9 years in the NHL with 4 of them looking meh for their draft status.

Wtf kind luck is that

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

And landing 10th was the single most likely %.

I think 9th was (48.8% from what I saw), 10th was 30.7% according to tankathon.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Dach is available at 10th overall I will sell my left testicle on the black market and donate the proceeds to this forum.

Careful, you never know what can happen on draft day.  I would've said something similar with Quinn Hughes last year before the draft.  Although I'm done having kids, I'm still glad I didn't

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This list is way different than the ones I've seen from Bob Mac and Craig Button. 

Way different from the ISS as well, and THN.  Broberg dropping from 8 down to late in the first round ... curious 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Darius said:

So who is this years pettersson? Someone with exceptional skill but is being undervalued because of a perceived deficiency that can be overcome or is irrelevant because of skill.? Is there a small guy like Johnny hockey? 

At the risk of being a broken record.......Caufield all day

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

15 league representatives (one for each team) are present so, sorry I'm not buying it. 

again, i didn't make a claim that the lottery is rigged... just pointing out that just because an accounting firm is involved, doesn't mean that fraud isn't possible

just like it would be entirely possible for the lottery to be rigged without the 15 representatives being aware of the fact that the lottery was rigged. 

Anyways, doesn't matter at this point. rigged or not, the system is broken. 

• Upvote 1