The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Somewhere Ottawa fans are saying to themselves that Brady Tkachuk is probably as good as what they would have picked at 4 this year?

Naaaaaaaah!

Problem is by the time Ottawa gets enough prospects to have an NHL team, Tkachuk will be a UFA.  Doesn't matter how good they are at rebuilding when their owner is too cheap to even care about winning.

9 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Dach is available at 10th overall I will sell my left testicle on the black market and donate the proceeds to this forum.

No chance, imo and the Canucks shouldn't be looking at a cman anyway, imo.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

At the risk of being a broken record.......Caufield all day

110% agree.  Caufield has as much upside as Jack Hughes, but doesn’t get the same hype.  I’m hoping JB drafts again for elite skill, and takes Caufield.  

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Problem is it's not balls, its computer generated numbers. It's not like the 649. 

It is balls and like 6/49. Here's the 2015 vid. The process is there are 1000 4 balls combination and each team is assigned a set of numbers proportional to their lottery odds, so last overall would be assigned 185 combinations for 18.5%.

Edited by FireGillis
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Mikko Rantanen taken 10th overall in 2015. In a redraft would have probably gone top 4.

Some people seem to think you can only get elite players in the top 3, which isn't true.

Ask New Jersey who they would have taken 1st overall in 2017. Might not be Hischier now.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

At the risk of being a broken record.......Caufield all day

I was kinda trying to goad you into a discussion :-)  I see the exceptional skill there but im afraid he’ll be a gerbe/Byron caliber guy... absolutely nothing wrong with those guys but could he be a core piece? I’d love if they nab him at 10 and he turns out to be a home run. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Especially a big, lumbering slow one.  Dach is like the guy Philly got second overall in Petey’s draft.  I forgot the guy’s name, because he’s forgettable.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Somewhere Ottawa fans are saying to themselves that Brady Tkachuk is probably as good as what they would have picked at 4 this year?

Naaaaaaaah!

Absolutely.  This years draft is nothing like last years, more like two years ago.  Last year there were slam dunks past fourth right up to where we picked in Hughes.   They actually made the right decision...and have the player in the NHL going into his sophomore year when this years fourth could be a bust or be two or three years away.   

Edit:  in the end Duchene might bring them something back but it wasn’t their finest hour, depends what happens with this years playoffs and conditional picks.  They have something like 17 picks coming their way with what they have plus EK, Stone and Duchene..could be one of the faster rebuilds and they also draft well and have for some time...

Edited by IBatch
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

The year we selected EP feels like we won 1st ;)

That year NJ picked 1st overall, so hopefully the same luck this year?

Maybe NJ should just trade us the 1st overall for our 10th overall and our list on who we would pick at #10.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Can never have enough centers, and from what I can tell most are absolutely capable of playing the wing. 

That being said, he ain't gonna be there at 10. Guessing he goes anywhere from 4 to 7.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1