The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

36 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No, he might do fine in the Eastern Conference, but he's a boom or bust pick. Unless he plays like Theo Fleury and plays way bigger than his size. 

I'd rather take a chance with Kaliyev and his 51 goals and 51 assists. To give you an idea. Johnny Hockey is 5'9" and 2 lbs heavier. That's 2.5" taller. 

GroundedMenacingElephantseal-size_restri

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I think this Caulfield kid should be drafted by us...…..

The we resign Tryamkin and put him in front of the net on the PP and have Hughes and Caulfield skate between his legs..…..:picard:

Come on guys, he is ranked all over the place, go for the sure thing, who ever that is, we are in a rebuild

Reach when we are near the top...…..it is too risky now...….Zagras, Boldy, Krebs, Dach and Soderstrom are all better picks

I have never won lotto 649 and now starting to think the fix is in.  For me Jim and his crew have shown that they know what they are doing.  It is not all about where you pick. Arguably the best player in the NHL this year Kucherov went 58th in the 11 draft - amazing.  And of course how you trade in the NHL - Pearson and Leivo I think were massive gets this year.  Not the mention the flip for Schenn.   AND staying patient with Marky.  Jim has always said goalies take a long time to develop and he backed up that belief with his wait on Mark - I don't know many people last year including me who were saying give marky more time or actually thought he was a legit goalie.  The nucks deserve a lot of credit for being patient with him.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why? Cause we didn't win? I like this system better than watching 5+ teams crap their pants for a top pick. 

It is broke as the system has seriously impacted some of the worst teams in the league from improving as draft position did for years....   There are better options than this bull$&!#. 

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I was going to say you used to be fun?

Then I read your 2knd sentence! :lol:

I'm still cool!  I'm still cool!

Aren't all the kids nowadays spending their Friday and Saturday nights playing around with statistical probabilities and spreadsheets?

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No, he might do fine in the Eastern Conference, but he's a boom or bust pick. Unless he plays like Theo Fleury and plays way bigger than his size. 

I'd rather take a chance with Kaliyev and his 51 goals and 51 assists. To give you an idea. Johnny Hockey is 5'9" and 2 lbs heavier. That's 2.5" taller. 

I hear yea but Johnny Hockey ain't 5'9".

16 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

It is broke as the system has seriously impacted some of the worst teams in the league from improving as draft position did for years....   There are better options than this bull$&!#. 

I disagree, rewarding tanking is bull****. This system is fine with me. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chris12345 said:

I hear yea but Johnny Hockey ain't 5'9".

You mean. TSN is wrong? GASP! 

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/johnny-gaudreau

https://www.nhl.com/player/johnny-gaudreau-8476346

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130893

Unless they are all citing the same source? 

Maybe that's 5'9" in skates? 

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You mean. TSN is wrong? GASP! 

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/johnny-gaudreau

https://www.nhl.com/player/johnny-gaudreau-8476346

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130893

Unless they are all citing the same source? 

Maybe that's 5'9" in skates? 

Haha it's actually Johnny who's pulling everyone's leg.....so I heard. Not saying any of it is true.

"Hey Chris who do you look like"

Chris "Brad Pitt, and I'm rich".

Flames did a thing on Johnny and Monahan laughed out loud when they asked if Johnny was 5'9". 

I'd still have him Haha.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Haha 1

I'm still choked.

That's some &^@#ing bull$&!# people.

Why do we always get boned? What's up with that?

I'm not even looking at who'll be available at #10 right now. The law of averages is totally leveraging us and NJ.

Such a bunch of crap.

NJ

NY 

CHI

Like what the in the $&!#

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, samurai said:

the best player in the NHL this year Kucherov went 58th in the 11 draft -

Exactly. It's all a crap shoot.  A high draft pick doesn't mean acquiring a franchise player is guaranteed. Kucherov went 58th, Boeser went 23rd, and there are a million other examples. And on the other end of the spectrum guys that were picked top 10 who didn't/haven't amounted to much. I think much of the CDC crew puts way too much emphasis on draft pick position. I bet JB doesn't really care that much. I'm sure he'd rather have a playoff team than a high draft pick.

I trust JB at number 10, more than I’m sure a lot of fans trust their GMs with higher picks. 

Bo (I know MG pick)

Petey 

Boeser 

Demko

should have all gone before we got them, and lots more we’ll probably have of those kinds with Jasek Madden Lind Gadjovich Dipietro etc... 

4 hours ago, SunnyHours said:

I was worried about Jack going to a place where Quinn might want to follow one day... maybe Jack will want to come here. Better than Jersey, that’s for sure. 

Or maybe Quinn will ask to get traded to Jersey