The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bret Hart Tackled By Spectator At Event

-DLC-

Bret “The Hitman” Hart is OK after the famous wrestler was tackled by a spectator while he was giving a speech during the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony at Barclays Center.

The man was promptly subdued by several people who came to Hart’s defence on Saturday night.

A law enforcement official told The Associated Press a 26-year-old man was in custody and facing criminal charges. The official was not authorized to discuss to the case and spoke on condition of anonymity.

READ MORE: Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart fighting for stroke victims on the road to recovery

Several shocked onlookers posted footage of the incident online.

The induction event resumed after the fan was taken into custody.

The video is in the link below.

Now, part of me was skeptical. at first...this is the WWE so.   Staged?  Part of a storyline?  However, the fact that someone was arrested seems to make this "real".

Bret is one of my favourites from way back.  Knowing his history with stroke, as a cancer survivor and the fact that he's in his sixties, this could have been very dangerous.  This clown  needs to realize the severity of his five minutes of fame antics and be dealt with harshly. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/5138989/bret-hart-tackled-wwe-hall-of-fame/?utm_source=GlobalBC&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR35XZx_iIAvXog2KuUMOq_CkTcxjyE9SvZXLgygoRTAE0Gt_v3yIDDRATo

Glad he is okay.

I still remember the full size wrestling ring he had in his back yard at the family home in Calgary back in the 80's.

Stampede Wrestling was the best, used to love the Hart brother's when they would all fly into the ring from their dressing room, sometimes wearing jeans.. to save the day when one of the brothers was getting tag teamed illegally. 

Dynamite Kid was one of the  "bad guys" back in the day before he teamed up with Davey Boy and turned to the good side.

The guy got beat up pretty bad. He is lucky he didn't get beat up worse. They will probably have to drop the charges against him because of how badly the wrestlers beat him up. I think Davey Boy Jr sucker punched him when he was being taken out and looked like he got knocked unconcious. Even though what the guy did was wrong, any good attorney will be able to get him off. If I were his attorney, I would call WWE and say "Look, Bret Hart is fine, but my guy has a concussion and is missing teeth. He has been publicly shamed, he is banned for life from WWE and he has lost his job. He has suffered enough". If WWE refused to drop charges, then I would ask to see their policy in the event of a fan running into the ring and why entertainers (without proper security training) were allowed to assault him. There was no reason to have 25 wrestlers jump on top of him. Some of the people who entered the ring were NOT even signed to WWE, just friends and family. I know Bret Hart is a legend and emotions run high (especially among steroid pumped wrestlers) but that was excessive. Finally, I would tell WWE if they refused to drop the charges that I would be subpoenaing all of the wrestlers who jumped into the ring to show up and testify in court. There is very clear footage of the wrestlers assaulting him after he is detained.

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

The video is in the link below.

Now, part of me was skeptical. at first...this is the WWE so.   Staged?  Part of a storyline?  However, the fact that someone was arrested seems to make this "real".

Bret is one of my favourites from way back.  Knowing his history with stroke, as a cancer survivor and the fact that he's in his sixties, this could have been very dangerous.  This clown  needs to realize the severity of his five minutes of fame antics and be dealt with harshly. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/5138989/bret-hart-tackled-wwe-hall-of-fame/?utm_source=GlobalBC&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR35XZx_iIAvXog2KuUMOq_CkTcxjyE9SvZXLgygoRTAE0Gt_v3yIDDRATo

That was most definitely not part of the show. On the live broadcast, they cut away the instant the guy tackled Brett. The beatings the guy got from Travis Browne, Davey Boy JR (neither of whom work for WWE) and Dash Wilder were certainly not worked either. 

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Disgusting.

The boy looked worse than Lobov and Knight afterwards though.

The punch by the big fella while walking the attacker out was great.

That was Dash Wilder; he's part of a tag team called The Revival. They're good wrestlers but they've been constantly stymied by bad booking since being in the WWE. Thanks to that though, he'll probably get one of the biggest cheers at Wrestlemania tonight.

This guy had problems, obviously.

Apparently he thought he was part of the WWE, had been tweeting at them that he was on his way and acting like he was a competitor. He's an amateur MMA fighter.

Also a misogynist that had issues with a women's headliner for an up coming event.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/wwe-bret-hart-assailant-zach-madsen-amateur-mma-fighter-bizarre-twitter-user

37 minutes ago, gurn said:

After Monica Seles got stabbed, any reaction to a "fan" attacking an athlete is justifiable. I'm just sad the idiot didn't get some limbs broken.

Pic from the wwe/ thread

218189983_brettsattacker.jpg.0b16cea876d4c645560296000ee65735.jpg

That's not actually the guy; it's a random mugshot that's been circulating. From what I can tell, this is him: D3kEcZ0UYAATSPH.jpg.13518e143da87c02016b63220f5dd582.jpg

The mugshot above is from a previous arrest last year. I imagine his more recent mugshot is a bit less put together. 

After Monica Seles got stabbed, any reaction to a "fan" attacking an athlete is justifiable. I'm just sad the idiot didn't get some limbs broken.

Pic from the wwe/ thread

Pic removed, not the guy.

Thanks HerrDrFunk.

Archived