The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Avengers: Endgame Talk

6 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Hmm, I don't remember the scene. 

After Captain Marvel brings Tony and Nebula back home from space, Captain America is asking Tony if Thanos mentioned anything on where he is or went, they get into a little argument where Tony literally removes his arc reactor from his chest and hands it to Captain America, but as soon Tony does this he starts collapsing and falls to the ground and is laying on the ground motionless. Next scene he's laying in a bed with Pepper sitting by his side, and you can see the arc reactor from a side view back on his chest.

They made the scene act like he was dying once he removed the arc reactor from his chest, acting like he still needs it to stay alive when supposedly he doesn't, and when he removes it you can see no hole just regular skin again over his chest, so it's showing he had the surgery, but acting like he needs the reactor to stay alive still. Just didn't get that part.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:09 AM, SILLY GOOSE said:

I didn't really enjoy this one as much as the first, although I hope this open the door to doctor doom.

And a ghost Rider reboot wouldn't be bad either 

Sweet jeebus just don't let 20th Century Fox anywhere near Marvel films for life.  Might as well have Roger Corman do another Fantastic Four film.  

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 2:30 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

After Captain Marvel brings Tony and Nebula back home from space, Captain America is asking Tony if Thanos mentioned anything on where he is or went, they get into a little argument where Tony literally removes his arc reactor from his chest and hands it to Captain America, but as soon Tony does this he starts collapsing and falls to the ground and is laying on the ground motionless. Next scene he's laying in a bed with Pepper sitting by his side, and you can see the arc reactor from a side view back on his chest.

They made the scene act like he was dying once he removed the arc reactor from his chest, acting like he still needs it to stay alive when supposedly he doesn't, and when he removes it you can see no hole just regular skin again over his chest, so it's showing he had the surgery, but acting like he needs the reactor to stay alive still. Just didn't get that part.

He was really malnourished from his time in space and exerted a lot of energy in his outburst to Steve. He was already on an IV drip which he detached when he got up to yell at Steve. They CGI'd Robert Downey Jr to be really skinny and gaunt for that scene. After he took off the reactor, that's when his adrenaline gave out. 

Nothing to do with physically taking off the reactor. As for why the reactor is back on his chest when he's in bed, idk. Maybe lazy CGI model of skinny Robert Downey Jr comes with the reactor. Like, if you check the final battle, you can see Hulk in the background with two functioning arms.

13 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

He was really malnourished from his time in space and exerted a lot of energy in his outburst to Steve. He was already on an IV drip which he detached when he got up to yell at Steve. They CGI'd Robert Downey Jr to be really skinny and gaunt for that scene. After he took off the reactor, that's when his adrenaline gave out. 

Nothing to do with physically taking off the reactor. As for why the reactor is back on his chest when he's in bed, idk. Maybe lazy CGI model of skinny Robert Downey Jr comes with the reactor. Like, if you check the final battle, you can see Hulk in the background with two functioning arms.

If anything this was the only other logical reason, definitely makes sense but I feel it was poorly acted and scripted, to make it look like it was his reactor still. Because if that was the real reason then before he got into an argument and removed his reactor and before he said I just want to shave, he should of shown some fatigue while he was stomping back and forth and arguing with Cap before but didn't... But I get it just feel it was poorly scripted.

It was good from a Marvel movie stand point.  The formula was there and it delivered, but there were a lot of little things that others have pointed out that were off putting.  Lewboski Thor, for one, as well as the nerfing of Thanos.

Also, at the end when Cap went back in time he took Thor's hammer, but it was no where to be seen when he came back... unless I missed something.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm on team Thanos, and expected him to decimate more Superheroes before his obvious defeat, but I'm fine with how it all played out.  It is a Disney movie after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic movie, whole family lived it. 10/10!

My concerns are that the wonderful characters that died and or got old will not continue in this franchise. The Avengers are nothing with out these core players. If they try, it will be terrible in my opinion.