The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Astronomers Capture First Image of a Black Hole

prix57

18 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Mmmmm i would fact check that. You might be correct, and it may just be light sucked in. Or that with no sun there is no light to reflect. 

Interesting perspective either way, but who’s to say whats really happening trillions of light years away? 

Who indeed....since the universe is estimated to be about 1/10 of a trillion light years across.....B)

22 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Mmmmm i would fact check that. You might be correct, and it may just be light sucked in. Or that with no sun there is no light to reflect. 

Interesting perspective either way, but who’s to say whats really happening trillions of light years away? 

The key is the same mass of the sun (not size).  That would be a relatively small black hole.  Yes, a black hole like the one the picture was taken is estimated to be much denser/heavier than our sun and would surely pull in the Earth with it's gravitational pull.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Who indeed....since the universe is estimated to be about 1/10 of a trillion light years across.....B)

Why you gotta be like that? Its just as likely trillions as billions for all our limited technologies and understanding. 

We cant even dispel myths like “flat earth” and “vaccines cause autism” because as a species, we .....i was gonna go into flat earth and anti vaccination, but its just easier to say as a species, we are stupid. 

47 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Why you gotta be like that? Its just as likely trillions as billions for all our limited technologies and understanding. 

We cant even dispel myths like “flat earth” and “vaccines cause autism” because as a species, we .....i was gonna go into flat earth and anti vaccination, but its just easier to say as a species, we are stupid. 

It brings to mind a question: If the Universe ends after 93 Billion Light Years, what the heck is beyond that? Do we hit a wall of some kind? Obviously, there must be many light years, as you say, of nothing....

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It brings to mind a question: If the Universe ends after 93 Billion Light Years, what the heck is beyond that? Do we hit a wall of some kind? Obviously, there must be many light years, as you say, of nothing....

Wraps around itself? Jumps dimensions? Considering it's doubtful we can break the speed of light, who's got 93 billion years to find out? 

Archived