The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] 10th overall + ???? for Jacob Trouba?

???? should be a roster player that addresses Jets needs. Considering that their RHD is going to get weaker as Buff gets older and Myers walks into UFA, I'd say RHD is their need... which is exactly what Trouba is. So, ???? has to be an offer that the Jets just cannot refuse. That would probably be Hughes on this team. So 10th + Hughes and Jets will probably accept the trade.

They also seem to be on the market for 2C constantly, so if they don't re-sign Hayes, then Horvat would also fill their need. If the Jets are OK with weakening their RHD at the expense of addressing their need at 2C (I don't know why they should considering 2C is easier to find than a top 4RHD), they will probably OK with 10th + Horvat.  

It's probably not worth it at all from our point. 

10 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I like this idea. Jets may sign myers if trouba walks. 

10th+ virtanen+ sautner

Trouba+ copp

Players can sign extensions only as of 1 July after the draft.

Trouba went through arbitration last summer.  He might file again.  The award can only be for one year as it's his final RFA year.  He might want to test free agency after.

When the Jets couldn't get him signed media/insiders believed that he wouldn't be long term in Winnipeg because he wants to return to the US.  Don't know if that's still the case but not having him signed before the trade carries a risk.  

10 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Goldobin + 10th + dipietro for Ekblad and 2019 2nd

Edler Tanev

Hughes Ekblad

Hutton Stecher

OJ       Schenn

Biega

It’s mind boggling that you think that package would come close to landing Ekblad. Never mind them adding a 2nd on top 

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

I like this idea. Jets may sign myers if trouba walks. 

10th+ virtanen+ sautner

Trouba+ copp

Here's the thing,
Benning's best attribute is his drafting. 
We got Boeser late into the 1st round. 
We got Pettersson and Hughes, who would now be seen as probably a top 3 draft pick of their draft. 
Let's trust him to pick someone who develops into a player BETTER then Trouba. 

What we need is someone on the blueline who doesn't get injured like Trouba does. I love the player, but don't trade #10 for him. 

6 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Here's the thing,
Benning's best attribute is his drafting. 
We got Boeser late into the 1st round. 
We got Pettersson and Hughes, who would now be seen as probably a top 3 draft pick of their draft. 
Let's trust him to pick someone who develops into a player BETTER then Trouba. 

What we need is someone on the blueline who doesn't get injured like Trouba does. I love the player, but don't trade #10 for him. 

You mean like olli? 

I dont mean to be a hater but a player at 10 isnt as much as a sure thing as yku make it out to be. Plus even if said player turns into a good nhler that might not be for 4 years.

Im growing impatient. 

1 hour ago, smokes said:

I'd rather keep the 10th and go after Myers than to give up assets.

I'd prefer this as well, yes free agency is always an overpayment but it doesn't cost you high picks. We have a lot of cap space so as long as the deal isn't insane I'd rather see something like this. 

Would never never trade any of the core 4, Pettersson, Boser, Horvat, Quinn  to acquire the top pick ....I think Juolevi only 20 will be a #3 D man in a few years. Juolevi had 13 points in 17 game in Utica playing 22 mins before knee injury-- Excited about Juolevi, will see him play for Vancouver next season...

Jim and company will pick a very good player at #10..Keep on rebuild path no crazy trades that would set us back...

Some very good chips that could be trade are Demko or Virtanen??  I really want to hold onto both of these guys because i think there both going to have bright futures...Demk #1 goalie soon...Jake 19-25 goal guy 35-45 point guy..

Future is exciting, Go Canucks Go.....

If we do trade a Virtanen we have to make sure D man is young, example Ceci 25, 6'2 very good D man

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

You mean like olli? 

I dont mean to be a hater but a player at 10 isnt as much as a sure thing as yku make it out to be. Plus even if said player turns into a good nhler that might not be for 4 years.

Im growing impatient. 

At first I was about to give you the old "Juolevi is progressing well" line but I do see your point. We are hoping to get competitive ASAP. Bo is getting to that point where he needs to start getting into the playoffs now, Petey is young but he's one of those studs that doesn't need to be 25 to be ready to compete for the cup. Adding a major piece instead of drafting at 10 might not be a bad idea.

Archived