Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Target one of these wingers


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, scheif16 said:

Just please no Nylander, making 7 mil and is doing nothing in the playoffs. Rather offer 7 mil to Anders LEE!

I really feel like Lee will be back in NY after this season. No reason not too. They have the cap space and they’re a good team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2019 at 12:44 PM, xereau said:

Still have to try man.  He IS their best player.  By miles.  And they are in cap trouble.  Force their hand one way or another.

If we offered sheeted them they might actually be relieved.  Dubass is supposed to be a math guy, and yet a grade fiver could use the arithmetic he’s learned and figure out he’s hosed his team and signing Marner will hose them further.  It might take more say 11.5 which is really what he deserves due to comparables, they can make it work even at that with a trade or two ... but will they really want to?  Somehow this rich team that’s historically had a team that costs a lot more to run pre-cap, hasn’t figured out how to do things properly yet, guess they just are used to spending a lot more than they have to on equal players.  AM hype went to epic heights when he had something like 17 goals in 10 games BEFORE he was signed, I guess they paid for that too (like he’s gonna score 100 in a season ha ha).   Marner has been their best player and deserves a pay day...in the end it’s going to handcuff them the same way CHI was handcuffed until the cap is over 100 million.  And even then.  Better win a cup this year, because it’s going to be a lot harder to ice a balanced team with any sort of defense next year.

 

 

I also want to say that TO and other teams have ruined it for everyone too.  Used to be that second contracts even for stars were kept down, much lower than what they would get once they reached UFA status.  Tavares at 5, Stamkos at 7, Karlsson at 7.5 etc.   Then they could expect their pay day once they got to their third contract, and a team under the cap had a window to compete during that time (Kane and Toews too).   McDavid changed all of that.  When Crosby signed his second contract was he paid 1/3 more than everyone else in the league?  Nope, he wasn’t even the highest paid player and we all knew he was the best already by then.

 

Eichel at 10, good grief.  It opened the floodgates and now all the future stars are getting money deals on their second contracts.  We are all screwed if the cap doesn’t go up in leaps and bounds.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

I really feel like Lee will be back in NY after this season. No reason not too. They have the cap space and they’re a good team

That's possible and maybe the most likely to happen but Benning needs to pull off something this offseason. Just saying Lee could be that & I think he would look great in a nucks jersey next to Bo or Petey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xereau said:

I know he doesn't make top tier money, but I can see Kadri being shipped out in the off season.  That will open up a decent chunk towards Mitch.

I also think the leafs are going to try and dump Zaitsev this offseason. That will shed another 4.5 million off the books as well. Liljegren probably take his place in the lineup next season, or rosen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

I also think the leafs are going to try and dump Zaitsev this offseason. That will shed another 4.5 million off the books as well. Liljegren probably take his place in the lineup next season, or rosen

If the new contracts don’t fit I agree Zaitsev and maybe Marleau are out.  That equals the Marner extension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EliasBoeser said:

 

E7D265EA-3BD0-4817-8470-EECD6411DDC0.gif

Have you ever heard of the term buy low? He’s only 20 years old far from a bust. Could very well steal him away because of the financial mess they’ve cornered themselves into. I’d easily do the compensation of a 2nd round pick. Statistically only 30% of 2nd round picks make the NHL and even less than that if you’re looking for a top 6 contributor. I think Puljujarvi has better odds than that. I’d roll the dice on his potential. He’s not a speed based player much like the Sedins were when they showed up. Those guys take a little longer.

Edited by flickyoursedin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Have you ever heard of the term buy low? He’s only 20 years old far from a bust. Could very well steal him away because of the financial mess they’ve cornered themselves into. I’d easily do the compensation of a 2nd round pick. Statistically only 30% of 2nd round picks make the NHL and even less than that if you’re looking for a top 6 contributor. I think Puljujarvi has better odds than that. I’d roll the dice on his potential. He’s not a speed based player much like the Sedins were when they showed up. Those guys take a little longer.

Completely agree with you.  To me it’s a no brainer.  Offer sheet or trade works for me.  Only thing I disagree on is his speed.  The games I watched he seemed to be a pretty powerful/fast skater.  #freepoolparty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...