The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Signaling the rebuild is complete

What Benning said the other day was, that cup winners are generally aged 25 to 32 of age (paraphrasing)

So, we have some time, to get to the top

But what I am saying that works with this, is to accumulate picks to co-inside with that formula.....

Our core at present is 19 to 24...……..so to get to Benning's numbers...…..we have approx. 6 years

5 for kids drafted this year, and 4 for kids drafted next year

Horvat will be 29 or 30 years old...…………..

Which is why I say, let us start fine tuning...….

Here is our 25 and under core...………………

XXXXXXXX                  Pettersson                   Boeser                                      Other Notables……..Madden, Goldobin, Motte, Lockwood, Jasek, Lind, Karlsson

XXXXXXXX                   Horvat                        XXXXXXXX

Leivo                             Gaudette                    Virtanen

Granlund                       MacEwen                   XXXXXXXX

Hughes                 XXXXXX                                                      Others Notables...…..Teves, Rafferty, Sautner, Saunter, Tryamkin?, Eliot, Rathbone

Juolevi                   Stecher

Hutton                    Woo

Brisebois               XXXXXX

Demko

DiPietro                                                                        Other Notables...…...Kielly

Pearson(26), Baertschi(26) and Spooner(27) are close, and would fine in the interim, but they will be getting to the end of their career, as well Markstrom(29).

So, to be on Benning's time table, and to have those future 2019 and 2020 we should be moving this year and next...……......

This is why it is imperative to be draft as many as possible in the next 2 years, because some will fail

I have always suggested, condensing picks, with this in mind , so it has always been the way I see it......

Again, it is my opinion to condense into the next 2 years, we have plenty of assets, whether is be Virtanen or not......

Now, I am not to say that we should not look at the present and try to win in the present, but it should be with a longer, wider view that we build on. To me that means condensed drafting, it means signing UFA's with no NTC present, and it means doing lateral trades. And it means scouting to the ends of the earth. I do not think Tanking is necessary now, and but the picks will be lesser picks, after this year, so making picks count is imperative.

Time is moving quickly!

NVM trading Virtanen.  Our real problem has been injuries. The legacy & NMC/NTC's of the Twins, Edler.

Teams like New York have Kesler calibre assets like McDonough. But have had their equivalent guys to Baertschi, Tanev, Sutter stay healthy as young players come to take their place, And have ''advanced their rebuild'' also trading Zucarello, JT Miller, etc...

Yes forget Virtanen. Maybe we do not get a 13th overall. But its still, or now, about trading Tanev, Sutter, Baertschi next deadline. 

We just need them to stay healthy!

On 4/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, janisahockeynut said:

It also came from Bennings claim that we will need some older players to help us win,

On 4/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I think that's somewhat missing his point. It wasn't so much about adding older players (though that will likely happen as well). That's when we should likely expect for the Canucks to be serious contenders. When our young core is closer to 24+ and in/entering their primes.

That doesn't mean we won't be a playoff team, or Gordie willing, maybe even go on a deep run or two before then. But that's not likely what should be the expectation.

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

I think that's somewhat missing his point. It wasn't so much about adding older players (though that will likely happen as well). That's when we should likely expect for the Canucks to be serious contenders. When our young core is closer to 24+ and in/entering their primes.

That doesn't mean we won't be a playoff team, or Gordie willing, maybe even go on a deep run or two before then. But that's not likely what should be the expectation.

I did clarify post  just above your post, what the goal was....admittedly, I did not hit it dead on, on the first attempt...….but I think I clarified it properly on my second attempt

No...I didn't miss the point, I just did not quote it properly......I was close...but no cigar!

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Signaling the rebuild is complete

Archived