The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals/Discussion] Whats your best pitch for getting the #8 pick from Edmonton - go!

JM_

Looking at the top 10 picks, I think by far our best shot at getting another pick in that range is with Edmonton.

Total tire fire, frustrated superstar, angry fan base, only 8.4 mil in cap space + whatever the cap goes up by. Seems like a perfect storm to get  that pick.

Can we put together a package that makes sense?

I think we could get that pick for sure if in the scenario we take Lucic off their hands, but there has to be a better option than that. 

Interested to hear some ideas on what gets us that #8 pick. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Looking at the top 10 picks, I think by far our best shot at getting another pick in that range is with Edmonton.

Total tire fire, frustrated superstar, angry fan base, only 8.4 mil in cap space + whatever the cap goes up by. Seems like a perfect storm to get  that pick.

Can we put together a package that makes sense?

I think we could get that pick for sure if in the scenario we take Lucic off their hands, but there has to be a better option than that. 

Interested to hear some ideas on what gets us that #8 pick. 

Sutter plus 10 for Poolparty plus 8.  Too bad Chia Pet is no longer their GM.  :lol:

I think we are going to have our choice of two of these three D men.  (one will go before we pick)  Seider, Soderstrom, and Broberg.  Any one of those three would be an excellent pick, so I don't see any need to move up to 8, unless Bracket feels one of those three (if all are still on the board at 8) is just head and shoulders above the other two.  

• Cheers 2

there is a good chance 10 turns out better than 8.  Not worth the assets.

edit: ooops ...OP meant getting an additional pick.  Not sure if its easier to get the coilers only first rounder or it it is easier to pry away Colorado's second pick in the first round since they have 2 of them.

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

You guys aren't paying attention. OP is not asking about trading up:

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I imagine it would start with Demko.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

I have no interest in helping the Oilers. They will make their pick, and then ruin the development, as usual. Benning will get a good one at #10. But okay, here's my deal:

to VAN: Lucic and the #8

to EDM - #10

(Canucks will take over Lucic's contract, as a huge favour lol)

• Wat 4

19 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

tanev (50%) retained and nucks next year 1st round pick (2020)

coilers need immediate help and them picking 8th this year will not add a player to their line up

I think adding that 2020 1st is too much - make it our 2nd this year and thats a good deal for the Coil imo. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

why make a trade with oilers  id rather trade for 3rd overall or 4th  and take byram  but that will cost alot so id rather just draft at 10 and trade sutter tanev for additional picks

because its desperation time over there, and another top 10 does them no good for making the playoffs. They need immediate quality help. 

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sutter plus 10 for Poolparty plus 8.  Too bad Chia Pet is no longer their GM.  :lol:

I think we are going to have our choice of two of these three D men.  (one will go before we pick)  Seider, Soderstrom, and Broberg.  Any one of those three would be an excellent pick, so I don't see any need to move up to 8, unless Bracket feels one of those three (if all are still on the board at 8) is just head and shoulders above the other two.  

what about for the #8 without giving up our 10th?

• Upvote 1