The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Selke Trophy finalists unveiled

2019 Selke Trophy  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

The only reason I dislike Bergeron is because he whined about Burrows 'biting' his glove, when he stuck his glove in Burrows' face and even had the audacity to show the ref his ungloved finger as if Burrows bit hard enough to show teeth marks through a hockey glove. If you can play with a broken rib, hole in your lung, and separated shoulder, don't be a baby about a bite. Whiner.

Yeah a real Bruins type of move.  **** Bergeron.  

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I've never cared about the Selke trophy, ever. It's a boring trophy.

It's one of my favourites personally. Unlike many trophies which are very straightforward, the Selke is much more complex and requires a strong understanding of the game to evaluate. Just the complexity alone piques my curiosity and I love analysing the lesser known parts of the game. Goals and points are good and all, but very simple and straightforward.

43 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It's one of my favourites personally. Unlike many trophies which are very straightforward, the Selke is much more complex and requires a strong understanding of the game to evaluate. Just the complexity alone piques my curiosity and I love analysing the lesser known parts of the game. Goals and points are good and all, but very simple and straightforward.

Unfortunately winning the Selke needs the player to have a good number of points too. Malhotra would be in tough to be considered for the Selke.

1 minute ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Unfortunately winning the Selke needs the player to have a good number of points too. Malhotra would be in tough to be considered for the Selke.

It does seem the award has evolved in such a way. I can't do a realistic analysis of Selke candidates without considering offensive metrics as well these days.

Archived