Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/Hogtown


Recommended Posts

1 more version...

Van: Tanev, B Sutter(2 mill retained, x 2 yrs) Granlund(prob sign about 1.5 mill?)

Total: about 8,200,000 AAV for 3 vets. Fits well for strapped Leafs. They can deal Kadri for pick(s) to a team like Ariz? Use Sutter for shut-down. 3 character guys to help their cast of misfits.

 

TO: Zaitsev(retain 800k, x 6yrs), Kapanen(prob must pay him 4.5 mill?), Patrick Marleau(Huuge cap dump, only 1 yr left), cond picks 2020 1st r, 2021 4th r

- 2020 1st r pick(top-3 protected), if top-3, becomes 2021 1st r pick

- 2021 pick becomes 2nd, if Sutter plays 120 games(2 seasons); plays 100 games, becomes a 2021 3rd r pick

 

AAV: about 14,400,000(depending Kapanen's number/term)

 

We'd be saving the Leafs a huge 6 mill+ cap-nightmare. For this, we get proper compensation for CT & BS. Just takes patience, as we put these picks on the back burner for a yr(or two).

 

Demote Schaller & Spooner.Marleau would be a depth/13th guy for a chunk of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 8:39 AM, Nuxfanabroad said:

This is a repeat of yesterday's TBay proposal. Basically we take advantage of a deeper franchise, feeling the cap squeeze. Leaf fan(on HFboards) was summarizing their cap-scenario. With Horton(LTIR) appears they've got about 12 mill, with 18 skaters. Then sign Marner(good freeken luck!)..they're looking at MAYBE, if lucky,  having a 21 man roster.

 

In July they pay an 8 mill bonus to Nylander..then his cap will be higher than cash owed. Under 25 mill, for 5 yrs left, so I could see someone sending them a coupla' cheaper pieces.

 

Basically they're gonna get screwed hard next 2 or 3 deals they make. Seems inevitable. So between TBay & TO, we should give both low-ball offers, & see who bites first!

 

Van: Tanev(retain 2 mill, 1 season), Granlund, Sautner or Brise, 2020 4th r pick

 

TO: Zaitsev(they retain 800k, x 6 yrs), Kapanen, 2019 3rd r pick

 

Maybe make that 3rd a 2nd?! Taking Zaitsev would be a huge help for them. I think the guy would be okay, if paired with Edler or Hutton. Also Tram might be happy with an extra Russki-bud.

 

Imagine upgrading Granlund's pedestrian speed, into Kapanen's Ferrari-gear! If we keep Jake, throw him onto the LW.

Coming back to this idea, cos' it needs consideration.

 

Darren Dregs-of-society is tweeting Marner(& agent) will be aggressive fishing for an offer sheet. That starts June 26th. Laffs need a deal like this, to open up space, big-time!

 

I'd say Kapanen would fit in well with our group. Young, speedy PK'er.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TO would be much better off with two deals for Kapanen and Johnsson in the 4-5.5 range then either Marner or Mathews ... hate to be in the awful position they are ha ha (yes I would!!).  They need skilled cheap utility young guys like them to counter the top heavy forward group. Absolutely no way they keep them all so it wouldn’t be shocking to see one go.   I’d go back on my word and trade Nylander if it was them, or Kadri, for picks and prosects, no salary back.  Would trade a second for either of those guys plus Lind in and instant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2019 at 2:38 AM, IBatch said:

TO would be much better off with two deals for Kapanen and Johnsson in the 4-5.5 range then either Marner or Mathews ... hate to be in the awful position they are ha ha (yes I would!!).  They need skilled cheap utility young guys like them to counter the top heavy forward group. Absolutely no way they keep them all so it wouldn’t be shocking to see one go.   I’d go back on my word and trade Nylander if it was them, or Kadri, for picks and prosects, no salary back.  Would trade a second for either of those guys plus Lind in and instant.

They'll prob get scorched in their next 2 or 3 transactions. Deadlines, limits & ultimatums...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

They'll prob get scorched in their next 2 or 3 transactions. Deadlines, limits & ultimatums...

Depends.  There would be a fair amount of interest for Kadris services at a little under market value... same with Flamingo..but yep they could get screwed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2019 at 4:39 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

This is a repeat of yesterday's TBay proposal. Basically we take advantage of a deeper franchise, feeling the cap squeeze. Leaf fan(on HFboards) was summarizing their cap-scenario. With Horton(LTIR) appears they've got about 12 mill, with 18 skaters. Then sign Marner(good freeken luck!)..they're looking at MAYBE, if lucky,  having a 21 man roster.

 

In July they pay an 8 mill bonus to Nylander..then his cap will be higher than cash owed. Under 25 mill, for 5 yrs left, so I could see someone sending them a coupla' cheaper pieces.

 

Basically they're gonna get screwed hard next 2 or 3 deals they make. Seems inevitable. So between TBay & TO, we should give both low-ball offers, & see who bites first!

 

Van: Tanev(retain 2 mill, 1 season), Granlund, Sautner or Brise, 2020 4th r pick

 

TO: Zaitsev(they retain 800k, x 6 yrs), Kapanen, 2019 3rd r pick

 

Maybe make that 3rd a 2nd?! Taking Zaitsev would be a huge help for them. I think the guy would be okay, if paired with Edler or Hutton. Also Tram might be happy with an extra Russki-bud.

 

Imagine upgrading Granlund's pedestrian speed, into Kapanen's Ferrari-gear! If we keep Jake, throw him onto the LW.

I heard something about a Zaitsev trade proposal on 650 this morning......

 

They were talking about …...

 

Zaitsev + Liligren or a 1st for futures...…..

 

I would not mind your offer...……….with a twist

 

Zaitsev (500,000 retained) + Kapanen + 2019 2nd

for

Jasek

 

The selling point for me is Zaitsev can be traded, at any point with 50% retention and would be an easy sell at 2,000,000 per year, at this years TDL

He is easily a 3//4/5 dman, at worse a 4/5/6 dman, he still has value at 2 Million to a playoff team

 

Jasek, is pretty much being pushed out, with Benning's announcement that he is going to acquire a UFA forward, with Lockwood,  Lind, Madden and 2019-1st filling any available spots. This gives the Leafs a prospect to fill in where their 2019 2nd would have been.

 

Really any one of Jasek/Lockwood/Lind are expendable as B Prospects and can be add ons

 

My only question is, is Zaitsev greater or worse than Hutton?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

 

Zaitsev (500,000 retained) + Kapanen + 2019 2nd

for

Jasek

 

The selling point for me is Zaitsev can be traded, at any point with 50% retention and would be an easy sell at 2,000,000 per year, at this years TDL

He is easily a 3//4/5 dman, at worse a 4/5/6 dman, he still has value at 2 Million to a playoff team

 

Jasek, is pretty much being pushed out, with Benning's announcement that he is going to acquire a UFA forward, with Lockwood,  Lind, Madden and 2019-1st filling any available spots. This gives the Leafs a prospect to fill in where their 2019 2nd would have been.

 

Really any one of Jasek/Lockwood/Lind are expendable as B Prospects and can be add ons

 

My only question is, is Zaitsev greater or worse than Hutton?

 

Just to be clear, Jan, you suggesting ONLY Jasek? Don't think the Hogtown-faithfull would accept them optics.

 

As for D, would like JB to sign Edler, Hutton & Schenn. Bring back Tram, next spring. This PO is highlighting the need for size on the blueline.

 

I'd pkg them Tanev(2 mill retained) & even throw in Bulldog, if we get a nice combo of futures(eg: Kapanen & a 2nd rounder incl..) I don't believe in aiming for ABSOLUTE rip-offs..it's only poisoning the well for future biz. Just leverage the cap, & consistently get a little more than the counterpart GM.. it adds up quickly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just to be clear, Jan, you suggesting ONLY Jasek? Don't think the Hogtown-faithfull would accept them optics.

 

As for D, would like JB to sign Edler, Hutton & Schenn. Bring back Tram, next spring. This PO is highlighting the need for size on the blueline.

 

I'd pkg them Tanev(2 mill retained) & even throw in Bulldog, if we get a nice combo of futures(eg: Kapanen & a 2nd rounder incl..) I don't believe in aiming for ABSOLUTE rip-offs..it's only poisoning the well for future biz. Just leverage the cap, & consistently get a little more than the counterpart GM.. it adds up quickly!


Yes...I bad

 

Changes the prospect several times and went for dinner...…..I don't know Zaitsev well, only that he is over paid and I know Toronto is in cap hell

 

But, yes...somewhat of a under payment

 

Honestly though, no one should be giving them anything of value...…..let them sink

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:


Yes...I bad

 

Changes the prospect several times and went for dinner...…..I don't know Zaitsev well, only that he is over paid and I know Toronto is in cap hell

 

But, yes...somewhat of a under payment

 

Honestly though, no one should be giving them anything of value...…..let them sink

 

From the few Flea games that I've viewed, don't think he'd be so bad paired w/Eddie..but I'm just one more puck-obsessed caucasian, amongst the barbarian-hordes in Asia...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...