Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Captain Lockwood


Doogie

Recommended Posts

Will Lockwood was named captain of the University of Michigan Team and with that, he decided to play out his fourth year in the NCAA. I’m hoping he signs at the end of the year but there is a good chance he decides he wants to play elsewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Will Lockwood was named captain of the University of Michigan Team and with that, he decided to play out his fourth year in the NCAA. I’m hoping he signs at the end of the year but there is a good chance he decides he wants to play elsewhere. 

Congrats. Talk to their agents but if they want to sign then trade his rights to Carolina for Adam Fox. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Other than he wants an education,  please give any evidence suggesting this is anything but fabrication.

There’s obviously a chance he could sign elsewhere, but also agreed, there’s no indication he doesn’t want to play here. OP sounding like a Chicken Little. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

There’s obviously a chance he could sign elsewhere, but also agreed, there’s no indication he doesn’t want to play here. OP sounding like a Chicken Little. 

For a while that may have been the case, but since Petterson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, and Gaudette have joined the big club, Vancouver is looking like an enticing place to play again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Will Lockwood was named captain of the University of Michigan Team and with that, he decided to play out his fourth year in the NCAA. I’m hoping he signs at the end of the year but there is a good chance he decides he wants to play elsewhere. 

Will Lockwood will sign with us after his college season is over spring 2020.  Then he will play a couple games with us, and burn a year off his ELC.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

For a while that may have been the case, but since Petterson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, and Gaudette have joined the big club, Vancouver is looking like an enticing place to play again.

 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Will Lockwood will sign with us after his college season is over spring 2020.  Then he will play a couple games with us, and burn a year off his ELC.  

I'd be worried if we had a roster he couldn't crack, but such isn't the case.

Van seems like a tempting team for college players, lots of opportunity for young players here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, luckylager said:

 

I'd be worried if we had a roster he couldn't crack, but such isn't the case.

Van seems like a tempting team for college players, lots of opportunity for young players here.

He's college buddies with Quinn too.  I'm sure Quinn is letting him know that the Canucks need him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol at people pretending there's no chance he signs elsewhere. Whenever a college player decides to go into their 4th year obviously that option is percolating in their minds. Hope he doesn't because I'm very happy with his progress and I think he can be a valuable middle 6 guy. I'm sure they'll address that loophole in the next CBA negotiation although the NHLPA might have something to say about it.

 

That said if he chooses to sign elsewhere that's his choice. He'll have his mind made up one way or another and there's not much anyone can do about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Lol at people pretending there's no chance he signs elsewhere. Whenever a college player decides to go into their 4th year obviously that option is percolating in their minds. Hope he doesn't because I'm very happy with his progress and I think he can be a valuable middle 6 guy. I'm sure they'll address that loophole in the next CBA negotiation although the NHLPA might have something to say about it.

 

That said if he chooses to sign elsewhere that's his choice. He'll have his mind made up one way or another and there's not much anyone can do about it.

Sorry Knuckles. There is ZERO chance Will Lockwood is not with us next spring.  He gets to burn a year off his ELC.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Other than he wants an education,  please give any evidence suggesting this is anything but fabrication.

I don't think the OP needs evidence..

His options just went from one team, to 31.. So although Van may still be the front runner if there's some loyalty, there is definitely a good chance he decides to go elsewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I don't think the OP needs evidence..

His options just went from one team, to 31.. So although Van may still be the front runner if there's some loyalty, there is definitely a good chance he decides to go elsewhere. 

Define "good chance".  There is NO chance (easily defined) Lockwood signs with a team other than us.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You've provided no evidence of him going to free agency, nothing but speculation.

There's nothing wrong with him going back to finish his degree. It's a solid plan B if pro hockey doesnt pan out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jaku said:

You've provided no evidence of him going to free agency, nothing but speculation.

There's nothing wrong with him going back to finish his degree. It's a solid plan B if pro hockey doesnt pan out. 

It's speculation even if you hear it from the horse's mouth. Things change over the course of a year. OP is just saying there's a chance he plays elsewhere. It is a factual statement, I have no idea how anyone can argue that. The option for him to play elsewhere is there at the end of 4 years. Hence there's a chance. Nobody can provide evidence at this point one way or another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...