The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Members that have ghosted us...

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

most of the fruits changed their names XD i was closing to becoming a fruit but i didn't give in. im a different kind of fruit :3

Haha I've refrained from changing my name for a long time, mostly because I feel it's almost like creating a new reputation each time which I just don't see the point of.

I wonder what fruit I could have been though... :unsure:

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 8:18 PM, luckylager said:

I bet. 

School's a massive pain in the ass, I kind of forgot.

Thanks for talking me out of going back for some fine tuning.

It's so awesome returning as a [debatably] mature adult and killing it. If you have nothing to school for it's a waste, if you do, and you set your mind to it, you come out the other end a more refined version of yourself.  

&^@# me, though, I want to go back to work full-time $o bad. 

• Cheers 1
13 minutes ago, Green Building said:

It's so awesome returning as a [debatably] mature adult and killing it. If you have nothing to school for it's a waste, if you do, and you set your mind to it, you come out the other end a more refined version of yourself.  

&^@# me, though, I want to go back to work full-time $o bad. 

If I won the lottery or one of my fun money etrade investments made me rich, I'd probably spend more time back in school than I would working.

I'd love some formal education in botany and horticulture / agriculture. Architecture and design would be awesome too.

I was a 2nd year apprentice carpenter when I realized I definitely did not want to spend my life in that trade so I did a bit of upgrading and wasted 18mos in Uni before taking the college route.

I'm a Buyer / Purchasing Agent. I enjoy my industry but not my work. 

We've got a mortgage and two kids...

I'll be able to go learn something new or expand on my business acumen in about 15 years when my youngest is in Uni/College. I'll be 55.

Come on lotto tickets!

Let's go investments!

Save me!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 5:10 PM, xyster said:

Oh yeah, there are some names I recognize.

I hope life's been good to everyone.

I'm surprised that I remembered my password. This site, the fun/drama was a huge part of my life. I was single, at home and the west coast express and then burrows got me through some dull work days. Time gives you perspective on stupid things you did and "big" things that were meaningless in the long run. I really have some good memories such as my first and only in person nucks game - it was bertuzzi-moore. I have very fond memories of meeting a bunch of people in van (ab, miles, c4tc,  cara, lex, cole etc etc), golfing badly with bb44, drinking with kangaray and seeing shambelle. I've lived in the US for the last decade, married with two kids. I was beyond heartbroken by game 7 vs boston and have pretty much avoided hockey since though I enjoyed seeing the bruins lose. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
typing
  • Cheers 1
  • 5 weeks later...