Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Members that have ghosted us...

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

After reading those thread titles, we have come a long way.

I dunno, chicken is a pretty epic thread title if you ask me

  • Haha 1
Link to post
On 5/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, Sharpshooter said:

@EmployeeoftheMonth

@Wetcoaster

You are missed. This diamond doesn’t shine without you my brothers. 
 

 

Totally.

 

EOM was an awesome member.

 

Only copped a bit of Wetties presence here.

 Even though he was a lawyer I had respect for his knowledge and he would make sure he got his facts straight before he posted.

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
On 5/31/2021 at 6:52 PM, Ilunga said:

Totally.

 

EOM was an awesome member.

 

Only copped a bit of Wetties presence here.

 Even though he was a lawyer I had respect for his knowledge and he would make sure he got his facts straight before he posted.

EOM, for me, was that Shakespearean ‘good deed[poster/person] in a weary world[forum]. 
 

Wetcoaster was one of a kind. You either ‘got’ him or you didn’t. And if you did, you could revel in his acumen. If you didn’t then you could would provide entertainment for the rest of us as one would flail around attempting to best him....and beating him rarely happened. And he was a Scotch drinker. A man who knew his Scotch and had refined taste. 

 

I miss them both both dearly. 
 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

EOM, for me, was that Shakespearean ‘good deed[poster/person] in a weary world[forum]. 
 

Wetcoaster was one of a kind. You either ‘got’ him or you didn’t. And if you did, you could revel in his acumen. If you didn’t then you could would provide entertainment for the rest of us as one would flail around attempting to best him....and beating him rarely happened. And he was a Scotch drinker. A man who knew his Scotch and had refined taste. 

 

I miss them both both dearly. 
 

 

 

 

Wetcoaster was little more than the king of cut and paste, master of long winded posts that said nothing, but impressed those who weren't smart enough to see though his BS. He was bested plenty of times, he and his minions are just to arrogant to admit it.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Bill Sikes said:

Wetcoaster was little more than the king of cut and paste, master of long winded posts that said nothing, but impressed those who weren't smart enough to see though his BS. He was bested plenty of times, he and his minions are just to arrogant to admit it.

Actually, quite the reverse is true but then I don't expect those who were routinely bested by Wetcoaster to actually see it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Actually, quite the reverse is true but then I don't expect those who were routinely bested by Wetcoaster to actually see it.

If believing that makes you fell better go ahead

Edited by Bill Sikes
  • Haha 2
Link to post
23 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Where's this Fwybwed Cat...

 

Animated GIF

Probably some sweat shop somewhere, makin' us affordable hats n' sneakers n' stuff

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 8:58 PM, gurn said:

Shaky Walton passed away, but not forgotten.

Dam, I’d wondered about him for a while. He was a regular around almost all subforums and seemed like an all round good guy. Did you know him?

 

 

another regular I wonder about (not sure if already mentioned ITT) is @riffraff  

 

Hasn’t been online in quite a while. Hopefully he’s in good health. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
On 6/3/2021 at 6:11 PM, Bill Sikes said:

Wetcoaster was little more than the king of cut and paste, master of long winded posts that said nothing, but impressed those who weren't smart enough to see though his BS. He was bested plenty of times, he and his minions are just to arrogant to admit it.

What he cut and pasted was the information that backed up his argument/logic. 
 

Many people didn’t take the opportunity to educate themselves, to their own detrimental pursuit of ignorance, to read those posts carefully enough to see where/why his arguments were based in logic/factuality. 
 

Back in the day the term ‘butt-hurt’ was often used to describe many of Wetcoaster’s ignorant punching bags. I believe the equivalent in today’s terms are the ‘triggered’. 
 

Man, he triggered a lot of people and I for one enjoyed it immensely. It’s thoroughly enjoyable when stupid people go crashing into a brick wall of intelligence and sound arguments, supported with facts and references. 
 

To quote the one the GOAT’s on this board, “YMMV”.

 

 ;)

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

What he cut and pasted was the information that backed up his argument/logic. 
 

Many people didn’t take the opportunity to educate themselves, to their own detrimental pursuit of ignorance, to read those posts carefully enough to see where/why his arguments were based in logic/factuality. 
 

Back in the day the term ‘butt-hurt’ was often used to describe many of Wetcoaster’s ignorant punching bags. I believe the equivalent in today’s terms are the ‘triggered’. 
 

Man, he triggered a lot of people and I for one enjoyed it immensely. It’s thoroughly enjoyable when stupid people go crashing into a brick wall of intelligence and sound arguments, supported with facts and references. 
 

To quote one of the GOAT’s on this board, “YMMV”.

 

 ;)

Fixed.  

Link to post
On 7/1/2021 at 11:07 AM, Sharpshooter said:

What he cut and pasted was the information that backed up his argument/logic. 
 

Many people didn’t take the opportunity to educate themselves, to their own detrimental pursuit of ignorance, to read those posts carefully enough to see where/why his arguments were based in logic/factuality. 
 

Back in the day the term ‘butt-hurt’ was often used to describe many of Wetcoaster’s ignorant punching bags. I believe the equivalent in today’s terms are the ‘triggered’. 
 

Man, he triggered a lot of people and I for one enjoyed it immensely. It’s thoroughly enjoyable when stupid people go crashing into a brick wall of intelligence and sound arguments, supported with facts and references. 
 

To quote the one the GOAT’s on this board, “YMMV”.

 

 ;)

" It's thoroughly enjoyable when stupid people go crashing into a brick wall of intelligence and sound arguments,supported with facts and references".

 

Sharpshooter 

 

13,203 km's away you have made a brother smile.

 

I love your way with words my friend.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...