The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philippines president said 'we will declare war'...

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

And consequently also declare war on USA. Sure you will.

I wouldn't be so sure. Trump seems to like Duterte (likely because they're both maniacal dictators), so maybe this would be the time he breaks with tradition and refuses to support us.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Fateless said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Trump seems to like Duterte (likely because they're both maniacal dictators), so maybe this would be the time he breaks with tradition and refuses to support us.

Wouldn't be that surprising I suppose. I forgot to factor in the Trump effect.

1 minute ago, Fateless said:

Just now, -AJ- said:

I’d be worried about our relations with the US if they don’t support us. Our trade, our economy, everything would be down badly, and we’d have our own Depression. Then what?

Not jumping to anything for a hypothetical situation but this could lead to some very bad things for our country. 

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

4 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Err not even Trump has any room to leverage when it comes to NATO doctrine. The US would have to officially withdraw from NATO for them to abandon us during war with a non-NATO member state. 

• Upvote 3

Kinda torn here - its not like the Canadian government sent the garbage over there - go after the damn company that shipped them. Or do exactly what he says he will do and send it back. What kind of war does he plan on starting anyways? Stop sending over people to work at Tim Hortons for us? (Its a joke folks)

• Haha 3

I can't believe how nationally egotistic some of you guys are. Canada is clearly in the wrong here. Let's definitely deal with it.

EDIT: Definitely don't threaten war though Phillipines. Although, I'm not sure if I'd ever even know about it if they didn't.

Edited by ThaManbeast
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

No a Canadian company is in the wrong here and should be forced to deal with it and any individual responsible should likewise be held accountable, that said it should NOT fall on tax payers to pay for it even though that is exactly what will happen. 

When those Boeing jets crashed, people didn’t blame the US, when Volkswagen cheated the Nox emissions tests people didn’t blame Germany, so how the eff is this Canada’s responsibility?

Great point! The article doesn't really give any information of how much/if any pressure the Canadian government has put on this unknown company. Clearly, it's not being dealt with. The threat of war seems even more ridiculous.

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Err not even Trump has any room to leverage when it comes to NATO doctrine. The US would have to officially withdraw from NATO for them to abandon us during war with a non-NATO member state. 

Yep.

Should that happen, forget all other alliances.  Expect China to invade Taiwan the next day and North Korea to attack South Korea right afterwards.  Probably the Russians deciding to gobble up a few ex-Soviet states too.  

2 hours ago, Fateless said:

Duterte has an 80 - 85 percent approval rating, sorry to dissappoint, he's nothing like Trump. What makes you say his a dictator? Did you live in the philippines? do you know people from there? Thats what I thought. Trudeau wishes he has that kind of support from his people, let alone Trump

6 hours ago, Fateless said:

First we wouldn't need their support, also break with tradition??? When has the US supported Canada?

6 hours ago, Stamkos said:

I’d be worried about our relations with the US if they don’t support us. Our trade, our economy, everything would be down badly, and we’d have our own Depression. Then what?

Not jumping to anything for a hypothetical situation but this could lead to some very bad things for our country. 

This post has to be a joke.

5 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Technically you're correct however with out the US nato is hardly a threat that being said the Philippines does not have the ability to wage war on anyway other than a drig dealer. Talk to me when they get a fighter jet or even a helicopter.

Edited by Ryan Strome