The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philippines president said 'we will declare war'...

Just1CupB4IDie

3 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Yep.

Should that happen, forget all other alliances.  Expect China to invade Taiwan the next day and North Korea to attack South Korea right afterwards.  Probably the Russians deciding to gobble up a few ex-Soviet states too.  

Those 4 countries aren't part of nato and South Korea would annihilate North Korea.

4 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Duterte has an 80 - 85 percent approval rating, sorry to dissappoint, he's nothing like Trump. What makes you say his a dictator? Did you live in the philippines? do you know people from there? Thats what I thought. Trudeau wishes he has that kind of support from his people, let alone Trump

I personally am not Filipino, but my friend is cousins with Aquino and he has told me all the dirt about the Duterte administration. 

He is a horrible person, and is not that much better as a president.

Edited by ReggieBush
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This news article conveniently leaves out the name of the company who is responsible for sending the trash to the Philippines. 

It also leaves out the fact that Trudeau twice previously said that Canada was going to take back the trash. 

http://nine.cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/11/14/Canada-Philippines-Trudeau-trash-garbage.html

Violent, bullying, wasteful Canada...  fist-shake.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This news article conveniently leaves out the name of the company who is responsible for sending the trash to the Philippines. 

Are those containers full of dead, decomposing, and smelly Maple Leafs?  :lol:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It also leaves out the fact that Trudeau twice previously said that Canada was going to take back the trash. 

http://nine.cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/11/14/Canada-Philippines-Trudeau-trash-garbage.html

Violent, bullying, wasteful Canada...  fist-shake.gif

This half-assed reporting has become the norm now. 

They should be happy it wasn’t Trudeau and pretty much every Canadian politician. Now that what real garbage looks like. 

Maybe trudeau will give them $10million as a sorry and then Canada can buy the company that did to lose even more money. 

I sure hope BCers wake up and start to really consider leaving Canada. I for one am Not proud to be Canadian. 

Canada needs BC a lot more than BC needs Canada. 

Edited by combover
  • Wat 2

I think Canada should take the garbage back (like South Korea did) but should also stop all business with the Philippines as long as Duterte remains. 

More than 100 container vans of garbage arrived in the Philippines between 2013 to 2014.

The materials involved were considered "household" waste and subject to different rules. The party accepting the garbage gave the consent necessary under these rules, took their profits and the company did not deal with the garbage for 5 years.   

In 2016, Canada amended its regulations around hazardous waste shipments to prevent such events from happening again,

In 2017, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said his country was committed to addressing the issue of waste from Canada that was shipped to the Philippines.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019/04/24/1912211/canada-working-philippines-timely-resolution-waste-issue

Canada has acted. Duterte just threatens and does nothing. 

Edited by Canada Hockey Place

7 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

Great point! The article doesn't really give any information of how much/if any pressure the Canadian government has put on this unknown company. Clearly, it's not being dealt with. The threat of war seems even more ridiculous.

Hopefully not the same company(or individual) reported by CBC the other day of having Revenue Canada write off a $133M tax 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tax-excise-alcohol-auto-chrysler-wudrick-biram-canada-revenue-agency-cra-write-off-1.5101848

• Upvote 1