The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philippines president said 'we will declare war'...

Just1CupB4IDie

52 minutes ago, mpt said:

Maybe Canada should follow the law and not ship garbage to countries without their consent

Except "Canada" didn't do that. A Canadian company did. Do you think Trump would take responsibility if Dow was responsible for a chemical spill in India?

That being said, JT should probably cowboy up. The unnamed company is probably defunct, or will be if they're ordered to do something about this.

Also, I can take Duterte seriously. The only "invasion" I can see fro Filipinos would be all of the Canadian Karaoke bars...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Except "Canada" didn't do that. A Canadian company did. Do you think Trump would take responsibility if Dow was responsible for a chemical spill in India?

That being said, JT should probably cowboy up. The unnamed company is probably defunct, or will be if they're ordered to do something about this.

Also, I can take Duterte seriously. The only "invasion" I can see fro Filipinos would be all of the Canadian Karaoke bars...

The issue came in when Hair Gel took responsibility with the previous Filipino president and then again after Duterte was elected.  After that, Canada as a country became responsible for what the Canadian company did. 

That said, Duterte threatened to go on a Chinese suicide mission not too long ago so I wouldn't be too concerned.  The only attack I can see him carrying out would be to put the garbage on a large junk barge, sail it into Canadian waters and setting it on fire.

Edited by SabreFan1

52 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Didn't realize Justin was vacationing in the Philippines......

Justin-the-dubious-620x271.jpg

Oh man Rob, before you "whip out" the Trudeau meme's you might want to check the history here before assigning political responsibility. Your guy Harper declared it a private company issue back in 2015 and left us all with a mess to clean up: https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/containers-of-canadian-garbage-languishing-in-philippines-port-1.2289671

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

I would wait till the Philippines declare war, then invade. Completely take over that country and turn it into the newest Canadian province.

Need a warm province to vacation in during "our" winter.

I was just wondering if the Philippines owned a Caribbean island. It would be nice to snag one of those too. 

• Upvote 1

Taking a quick look at Philippine naval strength, definitely give Canada the edge, in large ships of war.

Army  wise, I'd give the Philippine's the edge, mostly due to the difficulty of transporting the Canadian's over there.

Air force, Canada has a superior force, the difficulty would be getting over to the eastern Pacific. Vietnam is just within strike range of the CF-18, but that leaves only a minute or two over target before having to go back for fuel.

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

Taking a quick look at Philippine naval strength, definitely give Canada the edge, in large ships of war.

Army  wise, I'd give the Philippine's the edge, mostly due to the difficulty of transporting the Canadian's over there.

Air force, Canada has a superior force, the difficulty would be getting over to the eastern Pacific. Vietnam is just within strike range of the CF-18, but that leaves only a minute or two over target before having to go back for fuel.

Why would we be going there? We aren't the ones declaring war. Duterte will have to get his troops to Canada.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Why would we be going there? We aren't the ones declaring war. Duterte will have to get his troops to Canada.

We would go over there to take over, expanding Canada, and spreading the love of hockey.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

wonder how many "troops" they already have here, disguised as Tim Horton's workers?

I was going to say that everyone who works in a hotel should probably keep their eyes peeled, but that might be interpreted as bigoted. (Even though it's true. B))

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

We would go over there to take over, expanding Canada, and spreading the love of hockey.

I can see it now: "Saturday night at the BDO Unibank arena! It's the Manila Maulers vs the Davao Devils!"

The best thing is, there would never be a shortage of anthem singers....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, gurn said:

Canada is undefeated in wars, Philipines might be biting off more than they can chew.