The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

33 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Doesn't he go for bike rides etc? He looks in good shape. I remember a bit back a FOX reporter ( I think) was trying to catch up to him while he was on his bike and was asking " who will be your running mate' ...as the guy was jogging to keep up, Joe replied " looks like you are". Or something to that effect. Biden seems to have a good sense of humour, you know, jokes some times..

Do you think his opponent could operate a bicycle? 

Edit: found the vid, the Fox guy wasn't running.. so the joke wasn't that good, still a joke though, which was my point. 

maybe they're far more afraid of what happens if Biden does become incapacitated for some reason..... I wonder what their issue would be.......

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You can't be serious.  Troll job (I hope).

I hope you’re not being serious.

It’s not a surprise that Trump doesn’t speak all presidential. But he’s able to speak properly and coherently.

Same can’t be said for Biden. He slips and sloshes his words around every time he speaks. It’s his medical health - and cognitive which go hand in hand - that he’s mentioned so himself. Let’s not be oblivious here now 

4 minutes ago, EP40. said:

It’s not a surprise that Trump doesn’t speak all presidential. But he’s able to speak properly and coherently.

Same can’t be said for Biden. He slips and sloshes his words around every time he speaks. It’s his medical health - and cognitive which go hand in hand - that he’s mentioned so himself. Let’s not be oblivious here now 

Oranges.

Herd mentality.

Yup, he speaks properly and coherently.

TRUMP doesn't have a speech impediment.  Biden does.  

58 minutes ago, EP40. said:

Case in point here: hence the double standard deployed by the left.

Turn a blind eye to anything going against their candidate and don’t accept criticism of any sort. Just simply look away and say I don’t take xyz seriously because it doesn’t fit my narrative.

Why on earth would anyone take tweets with out of context video clips seriously?

You're trying to convince people that Biden is "near death", but you've provided zero credible evidence to back it up. Meanwhile, Biden's opponent eschews exercise, because he believes that humans are born with a finite amount of energy, eats junk food and is clinically obese, made an unscheduled visit to Walter Reed and a couple of months ago, was bragging about passing a cognitive ability test....

55 minutes ago, EP40. said:

LOLLL , he went for a staged media photo shoot bike ride. Round of an applause, he’s showing he’s still able to somewhat function. 

What an accomplishment !!

You've (again) provided no evidence to support this, but in any event, JB handles ramps like a boss and he can drink water with one hand....

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Oranges.

Herd mentality.

Yup, he speaks properly and coherently.

TRUMP doesn't have a speech impediment.  Biden does.  

Nope, I’m left leaning myself in nearly every aspect.

Herd/cult is the left as Rogan says in his video so don’t try to copy it the other way lol. The liberals have created a culture of agreement or else!

Yes, Biden does due to his declining health and effects of 2 brain surgeries. He’s no where near the same person he was while in office.

15 minutes ago, EP40. said:

Totally:

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, okay, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, okay, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right — who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, EP40. said:

He is NOT speaking properly...he can barely form sentences at times.  Rambling.  

Oblivious is right.  

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Totally:

Sorry but I don’t read quotes that aren’t the entire full length of what was said at that time/event. 

I kid !

I know, I can laugh at that. I can laugh at both sides. But it seems liberals can’t laugh at themselves or see criticisms/faults. That’s the cult/herd that destroyer user should be talking about. I don’t think I or most people get offended that don’t mind Trump. But people that do, they can’t take any sort of jabs whatsoever !

1 minute ago, EP40. said:

Sorry but I don’t read quotes that aren’t the entire full length of what was said at that time/event. 

I kid !

I know, I can laugh at that. I can laugh at both sides. But it seems liberals can’t laugh at themselves or see criticisms/faults. That’s the cult/herd that destroyer user should be talking about. I don’t think I or most people get offended that don’t mind Trump. But people that do, they can’t take any sort of jabs whatsoever !

Disagree. Almost everyone who's supporting Biden admits that he has faults.....but you're suggesting that he's ready to drop dead and has lost cognitive ability without providing any actual evidence, other than out of context videos....

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Totally:

Thank you.

It's fragmented.  And his "go to" is to divert FROM the topic and rally the crowd with little more than "rahrahrah".  He is a mess.

He rarely makes a point and it's mostly just like an acceptance speech at the Emmy's and nothing much of substance or content.

3 minutes ago, EP40. said:

I kid !

I don't know that you're offering a whole lot here to the discussion.

Facts:

Biden, a 77 year old who had "brain surgery" .....to repair aneurysms over 30 years ago!  I know a lot about them...my Mom and Dad had them.  This is a huge reach...to bring them up like they pose a real threat/issue.  People who have undetected aneurysms are at risk...but fixing them means...they're fixed.  And can be monitored and attended to if any changes occur :

In 2008, Dr. Eisold, the Capitol physician, said that Biden had “recovered fully without continued effects” from the aneurysms he had experienced 20 years prior. Further medical documentation revealed that he had relatively minor health problems - chronic sinusitis and allergies.

https://go.joebiden.com/page/-/CiU2iAa4Ig_ j5EQzueoad.pdf

And Cheesburger Don?  It's obvious to see he's obese and his eating habits, alone, are likely more dangerous than anything Joe's at risk of:

Trump gained a pound from last year and, yes, that gives him a Body Mass Index of 30.5, meaning he is technically "obese." On a more positive note, Trump's cholesterol dropped to 167 -- down from 196 in 2019 and an unhealthy 223 in 2018.

People who have obesity, compared to those with a normal or healthy weight, are at increased risk for many serious diseases and health conditions, including the following:

• All-causes of death (mortality)
  • High blood pressure (Hypertension)
  • High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (Dyslipidemia)
  • Type 2 diabetes
  • Coronary heart disease
  • Stroke
  • Gallbladder disease
  • Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
  • Sleep apnea and breathing problems
  • Many types of cancer
  • Low quality of life
  • Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders4,5
  • Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning6

1 hour ago, EP40. said:

I know Trump is stable enough to handle the pressures of being president, let alone run for president at this stage of his life. Biden isn’t and he’s hiding having done the bare minimum to get by...less so than what Hillary did.

Biden is barely coherent.

Not even medically fit.

That’s gold kid, I really needed a good laugh today!

President of the most powerful country on the planet but yet his ego so fragile that he tweets to every thing that someone says about him. Trump is by the definition a snowflake that gets offended like little kid.

His skin is thin, it’s Charmin soft!

Guy that routinely calls into radio and TV shows when someone is buffing his helmet.

Its like little insecure kid waiting for his mom to ask out his prom date.

True leader cares about leading and not what every Harry, Dick and Tom think or say about him.

Edited by CBH1926

Let's see what the military thinks of Joe Biden. You'd think they'd be a pretty good judge of someone's fitness to be president. .....

22 Retired 4-Stars Join Nearly 500 NatSec Leaders in Letter Endorsing Joe Biden

22 Retired 4-Stars Join Nearly 500 NatSec Leaders in Letter Endorsing Joe Biden

24 Sep 2020
Military.com | By Hope Hodge Seck

Days after the Trump-Pence campaign released an endorsement letter signed by 235 retired military officers, a coalition of nearly 500 current and former national security leaders has released its own letter endorsing challenger Joe Biden for president.

The open letter, published Thursday morning by National Security Leaders for Biden, contains 489 names, including 22 retired four-star generals and admirals; five former defense secretaries; and other notable leaders including former secretary of state Madeleine Albright and former NASA administrator Charles Bolden, among others.

Addressed to "Our Fellow Citizens," the letter describes its signers as including Republicans, Democrats and Independents united by a common fear for the future of the country.

"The next president will inherit a nation -- and a world -- in turmoil," the letter states. "The current President has demonstrated he is not equal to the enormous responsibilities of his office; he cannot rise to meet challenges large or small. Thanks to his disdainful attitude and his failures, our allies no longer trust or respect us, and our enemies no longer fear us."

It cites the COVID-19 pandemic, economic recession, malign Russian influence and threats from a nuclear North Korea as challenges the U.S. president will face over the next four years, adding that Biden, who previously served as vice president, was capable of taking them on.

Other notable names on the lengthy list include Michele Flournoy, a former under secretary of defense widely believed to be Biden's pick for defense secretary and former national security advisor and U.N. ambassador Susan Rice. The former defense secretaries signing on included Ash Carter, William Cohen, Chuck Hagel, Leon Panetta and William Perry.

"Many of us have briefed Joe Biden on matters of national security, and we know he demands a thorough understanding of any issue before making a decision -- as any American president should," the signers wrote. "... Joe Biden believes in personal responsibility. Over his long career, he has learned hard lessons and grown as a leader who can take positive action to unite and heal our country. It is unthinkable that he would ever utter the phrase 'I don't take responsibility at all.'"

Steve Abbot, who retired from the Navy as a four-star admiral in 2000 and later served as deputy homeland security advisor under President George W. Bush, told Military.com he saw the current moment in U.S. history as extraordinary and galvanizing.

"It is indeed a group that includes ... people that haven't had any identification with any political effort, but believe that these are fraught times in the nation's history and that they needed to come together to deal with the crisis that is at hand," he said. "So this is not a one-party effort. It's cross-partisan."

While it has become an ubiquitous part of the election season for retired general and flag officers to stump for a candidate, there are many who believe former brass should avoid taking sides.

On Wednesday, Army Lt. Col. M. L. Cavanaugh published an op ed in the L.A. Times denouncing these public endorsements, saying they serve to "embezzle" the trust Americans place in a nonpartisan military.

Abbot said he believed he retained a civic duty to be involved in the political life of the nation, adding that he didn't consider the argument that retired military personnel should abstain a valid one. He added that President Donald Trump, in statements like his most recent charge that top Pentagon leaders only wanted to fight wars to keep defense contractors happy, was further dividing the nation and damaging the military.

"President Trump has been using the military using this institution, which is, you know, hugely important to the nation, as an instrument to further his own personal interests," he said. "In other words, he is indeed a threat to proper civilian-military relations."

Abbot said his personal call to action came around Easter of this year, borne out of dismay at Trump's handling of the pandemic and his belief that the president was contributing to the crisis instead of mitigating it.

But, as a former naval aviator who flew with the late John McCain, Abbot said it had become clear years previous that he could not support Trump. McCain, who was held and tortured as a prisoner of war for more than five years in Vietnam, served in the U.S. Senate for 31 years.

Trump created controversy in 2015 by saying McCain wasn't a war hero.

"I like people who weren't captured," he said at the time. The comments have received renewed attention in the wake of a story in The Atlantic reporting Trump called Americans who died in war "losers" and "suckers." The White House has disputed this report.

"This president said back in previous cycles that John McCain was not a hero, he was a loser," Abbot said. "And I knew when he said that, that he was not on my wavelength. Because John McCain, in my view, is a national hero."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/09/24/22-retired-4-stars-join-nearly-500-natsec-leaders-letter-endorsing-joe-biden.html

Seems like an awful lot of 4 star Generals to me.

• Upvote 1