The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Agree, I wouldn’t vote for him.

Bernie, Harris and Castro are hard no for me, Warren is getting on that list soon. 

I listened to the Joe Rogan Experience podcast with Bernie Sanders. I have to say it was pretty interesting to listen to a politician for 90minutes instead of 90 seconds. I certainly feel differently about Bernie than I did prior to listening to that podcast. Not saying he is the best choice but just that after hearing him talk about his platform for an extended amount of time changed my position on him.

I like O'Rourke, Yang, Booker, Bernie, undecided on Biden.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I listened to the Joe Rogan Experience podcast with Bernie Sanders. I have to say it was pretty interesting to listen to a politician for 90minutes instead of 90 seconds. I certainly feel differently about Bernie than I did prior to listening to that podcast. Not saying he is the best choice but just that after hearing him talk about his platform for an extended amount of time changed my position on him.

I like O'Rourke, Yang, Booker, Bernie, undecided on Biden.

Beto is coming of very genuine tonight, Amy and Corey have done well tonight.

Yang is very smart but a very long shot.

I honestly don’t know what’s stranger, hearing Joe tell this “Corn Pop” story:

or learning that the story is apparently true:

Yes, nearly six decades ago, a young Joe Biden was the white lifeguard at an all black pool, got into an altercation with a guy called “Corn Pop” from a gang called the “Romans,” called the guy “Esther Williams” because he wore a bathing cap over his pomade coiffed hair, kicked the guy out for bouncing on the diving board, brought a chain out to meet the guy and other gang members (who were all carrying rusty straight razors) in the parking lot, apologized and deescalated the situation, ended up earning Corn Pop’s respect, and having the Romans gang members watch his back for the rest of the summer.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theroot.com/joe-bidens-black-pass-1790879439/amp

• Haha 2

On 9/15/2019 at 2:29 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I honestly don’t know what’s stranger, hearing Joe tell this “Corn Pop” story:

or learning that the story is apparently true:

Yes, nearly six decades ago, a young Joe Biden was the white lifeguard at an all black pool, got into an altercation with a guy called “Corn Pop” from a gang called the “Romans,” called the guy “Esther Williams” because he wore a bathing cap over his pomade coiffed hair, kicked the guy out for bouncing on the diving board, brought a chain out to meet the guy and other gang members (who were all carrying rusty straight razors) in the parking lot, apologized and deescalated the situation, ended up earning Corn Pop’s respect, and having the Romans gang members watch his back for the rest of the summer.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theroot.com/joe-bidens-black-pass-1790879439/amp

I've really appreciated the dichotomy in responses from black twitter and white twitter about that story.

White twitter: What gang member calls themself Corn Pop? He's lying!

Black Twitter: There's a hardass n**** on my block who calls himself Pookie/Rosebud/Lazy Boy/Big Gulp/Playstation. We totally believe he called himself Corn Pop. We don't believe Biden stood up to him or earned his respect. 

• Haha 3

There are some candidates who have/will qualify for the Sept. and Oct. debates won't meet the November debates.  The herd will be thinned.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/23/dnc-debate-1508516

DNC raises threshold to make November debate stage

Candidates will need to clear 3 percent in four DNC-approved polls, up from the 2 percent required to qualify for the September and October debates. But the committee also created an additional early-state path to qualify: garnering 5 percent in two approved polls conducted in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada or South Carolina.

Additionally, candidates now need to receive donations from 165,000 unique donors — up from 130,000 from the September and October debates — with 600 unique donors in 20 different states, territories or the District of Columbia.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here we go.  IF the talking points about age had any validity, this will definitely be used to amplify his opponents calls that Bernie is too old.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/02/766402754/bernie-sanders-has-heart-procedure-cancels-events-until-further-notice

Bernie Sanders Has Heart Procedure, Cancels Events Until Further Notice

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is canceling presidential campaign events "until further" notice following a heart procedure, campaign senior adviser Jeff Weaver said Wednesday morning.

Weaver said in a brief written statement that Sanders "experienced some chest discomfort" during a Tuesday evening campaign event.

"Following medical evaluation and testing he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted," Weaver said in the statement. "Sen. Sanders is conversing and in good spirits. He will be resting up over the next few days."

The campaign has not provided further information at this time.

The news comes as Sanders was preparing for Wednesday campaign events in Nevada, including a "Medicare for All" town hall in Las Vegas. It also comes less than two weeks before the next Democratic primary debate, on Oct. 15 in Ohio.

As of January 2016, Sanders had "no history of cardiovascular disease," according to a letter from Sanders' doctor released as part of his 2016 presidential campaign.

Health issues hurt Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race, when a bout of pneumonia caused her to leave a Sept. 11 memorial service early. A video of the incident showed a weak-looking Clinton being assisted into a van. That led to a days-long discussion in the media of her health, as well as attacks from Donald Trump.

This incident could raise questions about Sanders' age. Sanders, currently 78, would be the oldest president elected in U.S. history.

He is also a top candidate in a Democratic field led by septuagenarians. Former Vice President Joe Biden is 76, and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren is 70. This has led to concerns from some voters about whether nominating a candidate that old is the best choice for the Democratic Party.

Many of Sanders' fellow Democratic presidential candidates, including Biden, Warren, California Sen. Kamala Harris and others tweeted messages wishing Sanders a speedy recovery.

10 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, here we go.  IF the talking points about age had any validity, this will definitely be used to amplify his opponents calls that Bernie is too old.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/02/766402754/bernie-sanders-has-heart-procedure-cancels-events-until-further-notice

Bernie Sanders Has Heart Procedure, Cancels Events Until Further Notice

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is canceling presidential campaign events "until further" notice following a heart procedure, campaign senior adviser Jeff Weaver said Wednesday morning.

Weaver said in a brief written statement that Sanders "experienced some chest discomfort" during a Tuesday evening campaign event.

"Following medical evaluation and testing he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted," Weaver said in the statement. "Sen. Sanders is conversing and in good spirits. He will be resting up over the next few days."

The campaign has not provided further information at this time.

The news comes as Sanders was preparing for Wednesday campaign events in Nevada, including a "Medicare for All" town hall in Las Vegas. It also comes less than two weeks before the next Democratic primary debate, on Oct. 15 in Ohio.

As of January 2016, Sanders had "no history of cardiovascular disease," according to a letter from Sanders' doctor released as part of his 2016 presidential campaign.

Health issues hurt Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race, when a bout of pneumonia caused her to leave a Sept. 11 memorial service early. A video of the incident showed a weak-looking Clinton being assisted into a van. That led to a days-long discussion in the media of her health, as well as attacks from Donald Trump.

This incident could raise questions about Sanders' age. Sanders, currently 78, would be the oldest president elected in U.S. history.

He is also a top candidate in a Democratic field led by septuagenarians. Former Vice President Joe Biden is 76, and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren is 70. This has led to concerns from some voters about whether nominating a candidate that old is the best choice for the Democratic Party.

Many of Sanders' fellow Democratic presidential candidates, including Biden, Warren, California Sen. Kamala Harris and others tweeted messages wishing Sanders a speedy recovery.

All the ones that have a good chance of winning are old.

Trump, Biden, Sanders, Warren etc.