The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

He had me chuckling here, I don't really blame him though. no different than trump not releasing his tax returns 

:lol:   "are you a junkie?"

That was a funny 30 seconds.

I can't to have both these loons debate each othe:lol:r

On 8/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, BoKnows said:

That was a funny 30 seconds.

I can't to have both these loons debate each othe:lol:r

Look at the contest between "W" and the guy who invented the internet.  People chose "W" because the guy who invented the internet thought he was like Mike Gillis (always acting like he was the smartest guy in the room).  Whatever "W's" faults; he was alot more "likeable".  It'll be the same between Sleepy Joe & Bone Spurs it seems.  Will be close because the GOP are experts in voter suppression (they've had practice going way back when a number of them were Dixiecrats).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Look at the contest between "W" and the guy who invented the internet.  People chose "W" because the guy who invented the internet thought he was like Mike Gillis (always acting like he was the smartest guy in the room).  Whatever "W's" faults; he was alot more "likeable".  It'll be the same between Sleepy Joe & Bone Spurs it seems.  Will be close because the GOP are experts in voter suppression (they've had practice going way back when a number of them were Dixiecrats).

Who's W?  How does "W", and Robert E. Kahn relate to Gillis?

This election is Biden's to lose IMO.  I think the debate might not go that great for Biden.

51 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Who's W?  How does "W", and Robert E. Kahn relate to Gillis?

This election is Biden's to lose IMO.  I think the debate might not go that great for Biden.

I think the exact opposite. Trump has not debated since 2016 when he lost all 3 debates to Clinton. She was just so unpalatable it did not matter. 

Biden has had several debates this year. He didn't particularly stand out in either of them nor did he crap the bed. But he's practiced. Last time Trump had no record to defend. He got to go up there and call everyone stupid and useless and act like Mr. Fix It. This time he has a record to answer for.

This isn't going to be a softball interview with Hannity or Lou Dobbs. We all saw what a fool he made of himself when he was interviewed by Jonathan Swan. I suspect it'll be more of the same.

Team Trump is already begging for more debates and for them to happen earlier. IMO this is a bad idea but when you're losing you gotta toss a Hail Mary.

• Cheers 4

Biden could pick running mate today

Fri 7 Aug 2020 13:49:08 GMT

It won't be a market mover though

According to betting markets, there are only two real contenders for the nomination.

It won't be a market mover though

A report suggests Biden could make the decision about who will run with him today.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

I think the exact opposite. Trump has not debated since 2016 when he lost all 3 debates to Clinton. She was just so unpalatable it did not matter. 

Biden has had several debates this year. He didn't particularly stand out in either of them nor did he crap the bed. But he's practiced. Last time Trump had no record to defend. He got to go up there and call everyone stupid and useless and act like Mr. Fix It. This time he has a record to answer for.

This isn't going to be a softball interview with Hannity or Lou Dobbs. We all saw what a fool he made of himself when he was interviewed by Jonathan Swan. I suspect it'll be more of the same.

Team Trump is already begging for more debates and for them to happen earlier. IMO this is a bad idea but when you're losing you gotta toss a Hail Mary.

Completely agree. I keep hearing people predict disaster for JB in the debates, but I have no idea what they're basing that opinion on.

Trump's public speaking is a complete mess when he isn't just spouting lie after lie at one of his rallies. He'll be called on his BS during the debates and what else does he have?

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Completely agree. I keep hearing people predict disaster for JB in the debates, but I have no idea what they're basing that opinion on.

Trump's public speaking is a complete mess when he isn't just spouting lie after lie at one of his rallies. He'll be called on his BS during the debates and what else does he have?

I think it is more like why risk it with the debates. JB is beating Trump per the polls by staying in his basement so why give Trump a chance to swing the momentum. 

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Its projection.... Its absolutely astonishing.

24 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I think it is more like why risk it with the debates. JB is beating Trump per the polls by staying in his basement so why give Trump a chance to swing the momentum. 

You do the debates because from all evidence the longer Trump talks the more he discredits himself. You also have to try and win over the undecided voters. Elections are about pushing your advantage, if you sit on your laurels and expect to hold your lead then you risk winding up in the same position as Hillary. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Toews said:

You do the debates because from all evidence the longer Trump talks the more he discredits himself. You also have to try and win over the undecided voters. Elections are about pushing your advantage, if you sit on your laurels and expect to hold your lead then you risk winding up in the same position as Hillary. 

Problem is Biden isn't sharp either and when he says something stupid it does a lot more damage to him than Trump being an idiot.

54 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Problem is Biden isn't sharp either and when he says something stupid it does a lot more damage to him than Trump being an idiot.

This is true, but of the two, which do you believe will pay attention to his aides and come prepared, and which do you think will skim over his prep and wing it?

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Hilariously, this is a great point.

28 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is true, but of the two, which do you believe will pay attention to his aides and come prepared, and which do you think will skim over his prep and wing it?

I think Trump will be prepared to attack Joe. Whether he can defend himself on the other-hand... who knows, probably not as much. I'm a little curious to see Joe's cognitive ability on display.

I'm not expecting these debates to be anymore 'helpful' than 2016.

• Like 1