The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] IIHF U-18's ...In Benning we trust!

In Benning we trust...……..the words of a great man!

Well, watching the U-18's, I have found it completely confusing, as who to focus on, as per our 10th OA pick...…..there are so many great forwards, that should be near our pick...…..

I must admit, that at Christmas, when I first starting really getting excited over the players, and thinking we would be down around the 5 or 6th OA pick, I thought what a great time to add a young elite forward. 

Then reality stepped in, and the wheels of my tank fell off, as we moved up. and as we did, I thought....."you watch, we are going to win ourselves right out of a elite forward" By the end of the season, as I watched and seen where we would end up, I said " well, at least there are a few forwards left with elite potential" LOL, I actually thought that.

Then the lottery came, and we ended up with the 10th OA pick. I quickly scanned the prospect rankings, to see where my favorites were, and yes, there was still going to be a couple decent forwards left, so I relaxed and started to again look at the forwards, dreaming for my favorite, while developing a secondary pick, just in case my favorite somehow got picked......Then as the 

U-18 Tournament started, I started to see others come on...….Caufield, and Newhook became much more front and center, and basically joined an already strong group of forwards...…..to me this was a dream come true, as I has already formed my wish list, and these guys were not on it, so to me, it just meant I could enlarge my list a little more, which I did, and was just so happy to have even more bright shiny pennies (there is now so many damn forwards that would all look good in a Canuck uniform, I am like "I want them all"

Then came the sudden reality ……..I said "no, go away! I want one of them!" but reality has stole my shiny forwards, and reality asked, "But when are you going to draft that RHD you need?"

Reality then said " You know, Benning has been looking at them!" Go away, Reality! I screamed, "I want one of those forwards!" But reality said, "yes, but you need a RHD", I said "Yes, but BPA always" and Reality said "Yes! But there are so many scrunched together", "Maybe one of those RHD are in the same group!" I said "Yes, but I want a forward, he will be here in 14 months". 

But, Reality said "This is true. Old selfish one. But you know that Dmen take longer to develop, and if you don't pick one now, you will probably have to wait until next year and you will have to wait probably 38 months before you see your RHDin a Canuck uniform if your lucky!" 

I said..."Oh you, old ballbuster, Reality! You're no fun!" He said "Yes, but I am Honest!" Because I am Reality!"

I asked.....".how do you know this to be true?"

Reality said "I do not! But In Benning I trust!"

Damn!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I’ll have to be honest.

My heart, mind are completely set on Söderström.

Obviously - Benning needs to go with BPA, but I’m really feeling it for Söderström.  

You and @DrJockitch ought to get together...  

Each take your Olanzapine, to be safe, first

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

You and @DrJockitch ought to get together...  

Each take your Olanzapine, to be safe, first

Umm, not sure why you bring me into this.

That being said, the fact that @Hindustan Smyl can get his heart, head and penis all on the same page on anything is damn impressive.  Not sure this is how I would decide on draft pics but I am not in charge of that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Umm, not sure why you bring me into this.

That being said, the fact that @Hindustan Smyl can get his heart, head and penis all on the same page on anything is damn impressive.  Not sure this is how I would decide on draft pics but I am not in charge of that sort of thing.

LOL, sorry.

Your name, the fact you made mention of medicine, and his comments on penis's made it all too unfortunately easy to put together.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:51 PM, janisahockeynut said:

In Benning we trust...……..the words of a great man!

Well, watching the U-18's, I have found it completely confusing, as who to focus on, as per our 10th OA pick...…..there are so many great forwards, that should be near our pick...…..

I must admit, that at Christmas, when I first starting really getting excited over the players, and thinking we would be down around the 5 or 6th OA pick, I thought what a great time to add a young elite forward. 

Then reality stepped in, and the wheels of my tank fell off, as we moved up. and as we did, I thought....."you watch, we are going to win ourselves right out of a elite forward" By the end of the season, as I watched and seen where we would end up, I said " well, at least there are a few forwards left with elite potential" LOL, I actually thought that.

Then the lottery came, and we ended up with the 10th OA pick. I quickly scanned the prospect rankings, to see where my favorites were, and yes, there was still going to be a couple decent forwards left, so I relaxed and started to again look at the forwards, dreaming for my favorite, while developing a secondary pick, just in case my favorite somehow got picked......Then as the 

U-18 Tournament started, I started to see others come on...….Caufield, and Newhook became much more front and center, and basically joined an already strong group of forwards...…..to me this was a dream come true, as I has already formed my wish list, and these guys were not on it, so to me, it just meant I could enlarge my list a little more, which I did, and was just so happy to have even more bright shiny pennies (there is now so many damn forwards that would all look good in a Canuck uniform, I am like "I want them all"

Then came the sudden reality ……..I said "no, go away! I want one of them!" but reality has stole my shiny forwards, and reality asked, "But when are you going to draft that RHD you need?"

Reality then said " You know, Benning has been looking at them!" Go away, Reality! I screamed, "I want one of those forwards!" But reality said, "yes, but you need a RHD", I said "Yes, but BPA always" and Reality said "Yes! But there are so many scrunched together", "Maybe one of those RHD are in the same group!" I said "Yes, but I want a forward, he will be here in 14 months". 

But, Reality said "This is true. Old selfish one. But you know that Dmen take longer to develop, and if you don't pick one now, you will probably have to wait until next year and you will have to wait probably 38 months before you see your RHDin a Canuck uniform if your lucky!" 

I said..."Oh you, old ballbuster, Reality! You're no fun!" He said "Yes, but I am Honest!" Because I am Reality!"

I asked.....".how do you know this to be true?"

Reality said "I do not! But In Benning I trust!"

Damn!

LOL You have Rafferty he will be Tanev's replacement

• Cheers 1

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:58 AM, Hindustan Smyl said:

I’ll have to be honest.

My heart, mind are completely set on Söderström.

Obviously - Benning needs to go with BPA, but I’m really feeling it for Söderström.  

Soderstrom wont be the BPA any way we need scoring not some undersized d man .

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2019 at 8:31 AM, vannuck59 said:

Soderstrom wont be the BPA any way we need scoring not some undersized d man .

*Looks at height on google, makes preconceived judgement based off that and that alone with no other information* CDC's scouting at it's finest.

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

*Looks at height on google, makes preconceived judgement based off that and that alone with no other information* CDC's scouting at it's finest.

Broberg if your looking at a defenseman  could be Elder's replacement . He is the second best rated  D in the draft. rate by Craig Button . 6.3 big mobile and can score. Start drafting some size All the teams left in the playoffs have size on the back end. 

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] IIHF U-18's ...In Benning we trust!