The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen retires

Generational.EP40

https://www.rotowire.com/hockey/player.php?id=2677

Hanging up skates
April 26, 2019
Hansen announced that he will retire from hockey Friday, Hockeysverige.se reports.

ANALYSIS
Hansen capped off his hockey career by winning the Gagarin Cup with CSKA Moscow in the KHL. The Dane last played in the NHL in the 2017-18 season, where he logged 14 points over 46 games with the Sharks. After that campaign, Hansen tested the waters of the KHL and found a home with CSKA Moscow, signing a one-year deal that would result in a championship. The 33-year-old spent most of his NHL career in Vancouver, and ends with 109 goals and 147 assists over 626 games.

...time sure flies. Heck of a 9th round pick for the Canucks!

Was just a great person all around. Great in the locker room, helped out in the community, gave it his all on the ice, one of the fastest players I’ve seen, and played for the logo on the front - not the name on the back.

The Great Dane. Our beloved honey badger.

Thanks for all the memories during the Canucks golden years. Enjoy life outside of hockey & who knows, maybe we see him back in VanCity Down the road in some sort of hockey ops/coaching capacity!

9 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

everyone retiring... the game has become to fast now.. 

He could keep up, the game is also way more skilled...which he wasnt. Loved him when he was in van, absolute workhorse

Congrats to the Honey Badger on a solid career and especially to his time in Vancouver. His break away goals were/are iconic in Canuck history. Tough as nails and hard to play against. I remember that brief stretch where he played wing with the Twins and put up steady points. It always made me wonder what if he had that opportunity earlier in his career. Always thought he had more upside.  

Archived