The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Adams Award finalists unveiled

2019 Jack Adams Award  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Despite Tampa's record setting season, they have a roster that one would expect to be able to pull that off.

Berube is an interesting choice as he started on an interim basis in November after the Blues' slow start.  Obviously the Blues' run has been quite spectacular, but the team was still pretty terrible into the early part of 2019.  Berube might deserve credit for running with Binnington and maybe even a bit of credit for spurring on the Blues' star players, but again, that team was supposed to be good which is what made their start so hard to take.

It's got to be Trotz for me.  NYI was not expected to do much this season after losing Tavares.  Aside from Barzal, they don't really have any stars on their team and even then, Barzal was a sophomore this season.  Their goaltending consists of two goaltenders who have struggled to make their mark in the NHL.  Their D is a collection of decent but unspectacular D.  They have vastly surpassed expectations.  Considering that Trotz has a history of squeezing out the best from his rosters, whether that was in Nashville or with the Caps (notwithstanding their stars), I have to give the credit for a lot of NYI's success to Trotz.

Trotz. Jon Cooper has a crazy talented team. It's not about how many points your team gets (or it shouldn't be), it's about how much the coach improved the team and I don't think anyone had the Isles slotted as the 5th best team in the league, especially after Tavares left. Trotz pulled some magic.

Berube's team was floundering hard before Binnington pulled an Andrew Hammond. Coach gets some credit but most of the credit should go to Binnington.

2 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Despite Tampa's record setting season, they have a roster that one would expect to be able to pull that off.

Berube is an interesting choice as he started on an interim basis in November after the Blues' slow start.  Obviously the Blues' run has been quite spectacular, but the team was still pretty terrible into the early part of 2019.  Berube might deserve credit for running with Binnington and maybe even a bit of credit for spurring on the Blues' star players, but again, that team was supposed to be good which is what made their start so hard to take.

It's got to be Trotz for me.  NYI was not expected to do much this season after losing Tavares.  Aside from Barzal, they don't really have any stars on their team and even then, Barzal was a sophomore this season.  Their goaltending consists of two goaltenders who have struggled to make their mark in the NHL.  Their D is a collection of decent but unspectacular D.  They have vastly surpassed expectations.  Considering that Trotz has a history of squeezing out the best from his rosters, whether that was in Nashville or with the Caps (notwithstanding their stars), I have to give the credit for a lot of NYI's success to Trotz.

Beat me to it!

Trotz, not many expected the Isles to make the playoffs let alone have the season they had. Not in the aftermath of Tavares leaving. Berube is worthy of consideration too.

Tampa had an amazing season but Cooper had the horses to get him there too. 

Crazy how Trotz can turn a goalie who was previously 72-97 and who only had two winning "seasons" of 8-1 and 3-2 to have his first winning season of 25-13, and he's also made a team out of guys like Filppula/ Komarov/ Eberle in front of a previously below-average stopper.

Imagine if Barry was with us, Benning unearthing gems and then Barry maximizing their value.  HM to Berube but really Binnington saved him and brought him this far.  

1 hour ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Trotz. No contest.

Cooper is overrated. My grandma could coach that Lightning team and finish 1st. 

Berube is good but not enough to overthrow Trotz.

Green should hire your grandma for Baumgartner.....

I have little respect for Cooper after he fist-pumped Martel, when Martel concussed Stecher. He also looks like a real weasel. TB is a stacked team, probably don't even need him around. And Berube is a real good coach, but I'm pretty sure a big part of STL's success is due to the stellar play of Binnington. Trotz is King.

Archived