Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Canucks trade targets, candidates and Goldobin considering signing in the KHL.


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

outside of 2017/18 tho he's pretty much Baertschi production-wise, and they're the same size and toughness level. Not sure its worth losing assets to get Zucker when the upgrade difference will be so small, if at all. 

is he prone to concussions? :mellow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mll said:

 

One of the most underrated D-corps. 

 

I am not sure Fenton wants to invest that kind of money in a 3rd pairing D.  He is already regretting signing Pateryn and tried to trade him.  Hutton's ice time due to injuries could inflate his next contract and that might not really reflect his real abilities. 

 

The question now is what is going to happen with Spurgeon.  He's a free agent in a year.  They are going to try and extend him this summer.  He's a legit 1st pairing D and if he goes to the market in a year there should be quite a bit of interest.  

If they can't sign him they would need to replace him.  I think they want the cap space for either his extension or his replacement in free agency.  Hutton is just too expensive for the role he would have on their team.

 

Minnesota is not rebuilding and owner Leopold has already stated that he fully expects them to make the playoffs next year.

 

You are very sharp on rationale usually. I disagree here.

 

They are spending less than $3.5 Mill on their 5/6/7 & 8 D,  Patteryn, Seeler, Hunt & Bittetto. Even with Patteryn's salary. We used to spend more than that on Keith Ballard. 6 years ago. So did Minny for that matter. Tampa spends double that, even with Sergachev ''on their bottom pair'' and with his ELC salary. Which he's not really. 

 

The problem is, as good as their top 4 is, their bottom 4 sucks. SUCKS! And is seriously underinvested as the key reason. What will Hutton command? $3.8 mill? $3.2?? People complained about what we paid Gudbrandson, Sbisa, hell Weber, Bartkowski. And when guys in Minny's top 4 were injured, their team fell apart. They have to pay what you have to pay.

 

They can and should sell a forward for mid level defensive help.  A 5D who can play top 4 in a pinch! Its their achilles heel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

is he prone to concussions? :mellow:

I don't know if Baer is so much prone to them as he's been handed direct head shots...... but Zucker does seem to be a durable player. If you're talking about replacing Baer with Zucker thats one thing but I don't see how there's room for both on this team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

The Canucks and Jake have mishandled his growth no doubt......and maturity has been an issue.  However, he's just starting to enter (and maybe even a year or two shy of) the years where a young power forward starts to peak.  If the Canucks trade him, I wouldn't be surprised if he went on a tear in the next few years.  They should keep him.  They should give him consistent top 2 line time and PP time for a year with the message that this is his time to mature into a professional and start earning the big bucks.  He has the tools....just needs the smarts and the confidence.  We'd be a much better team with him reaching his potential.

image.png.e4f38ef75126778ba57f065830e52c3e.png

  • Hydration 2
  • Wat 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Any word on who the new agent is? I wonder if this is a move to get an agent with more connections to help get a trade done? 

Or even to have better communications with current management, it's possible the other guy didn't like JB or TG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 3:25 AM, SILLY GOOSE said:

DO NOT TRADE VIRTANEN

Why?

 

He's been a lackluster offensive player, that doesn't dominate in any aspect except trying low % shots that end up with the other team in possession. There's nothing he offers than we can't fill in with a trade or FA. His Corsi etc are all pretty break even.


 

  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 1:49 AM, Dazzle said:

I'm at a loss about this. Goldobin has once said he wanted to stay in Vancouver and considers it "home". Yet, he is mulling over the idea of signing with a KHL team?

Well....consider the source(s)....

 

 

Image result for homer grandpa in and out gif

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Or even to have better communications with current management, it's possible the other guy didn't like JB or TG.

Doubt it.  The other guy (Larionov) was saying the same things as JB and TG regarding Goldy's game and what he needed to do to win a permanent position on the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 9:15 AM, NHL97OneTimer said:

The Canucks and Jake have mishandled his growth no doubt......and maturity has been an issue.  However, he's just starting to enter (and maybe even a year or two shy of) the years where a young power forward starts to peak.  If the Canucks trade him, I wouldn't be surprised if he went on a tear in the next few years.  They should keep him.  They should give him consistent top 2 line time and PP time for a year with the message that this is his time to mature into a professional and start earning the big bucks.  He has the tools....just needs the smarts and the confidence.  We'd be a much better team with him reaching his potential.

Folks should probably stop calling Virtanen a power forward.

 

Therr has been little about his NHL game that suggests that is his style of play.  He just doesn’t seem to have the mindset for it.

 

The coaches have been telling him for years to just drive to try net when he has the puck.  Instead he plays on the perimeter and circles behind the net.

 

Power forwards generally have the power part early  and then the offence develops.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Provost said:

Folks should probably stop calling Virtanen a power forward.

 

Therr has been little about his NHL game that suggests that is his style of play.  He just doesn’t seem to have the mindset for it.

 

The coaches have been telling him for years to just drive to try net when he has the puck.  Instead he plays on the perimeter and circles behind the net.

 

Power forwards generally have the power part early  and then the offence develops.  

That’s true. But at this point in his career. He’s a middling top nine forward. Not effective enough yet for top six role. But he’s better than a fourth liner for sure. I think it’s worth keeping him for that middle nine role at the moment. If he breaks out. Great. We have something much more than what he’s shown us so far. If not. Then we have what we’ve got. Can be effective. But not consistent enough for a top six role.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our defense is gonna get an upgrade 100%. The team has stated this when they traded Guddy away. They want a different look. Which is nice to hear . we have had the same d core for too long now and we always get injured badly there

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, teepain said:

Our defense is gonna get an upgrade 100%. The team has stated this when they traded Guddy away. They want a different look. Which is nice to hear . we have had the same d core for too long now and we always get injured badly there

should be job 1, and probably is. We need a defensive group where Luke Schenn isn't the one of the most exciting things. I like what he did but we need to aim a lot higher. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why, because Goldy frustrated the hell out me this year, but I think he will turn the corner this summer. At times he looked like a legit top 6 forward, and other times looked terribly lost. I bet he hated being scratched and benched, even if he didn't show it. Hopefully this year finally lit a fire under his ass, I like the way Green handled him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I don't know why, because Goldy frustrated the hell out me this year, but I think he will turn the corner this summer. At times he looked like a legit top 6 forward, and other times looked terribly lost. I bet he hated being scratched and benched, even if he didn't show it. Hopefully this year finally lit a fire under his ass, I like the way Green handled him.

Very similar to the Hutton treatment from the previous season.  And Hutton took on the challenge, and look at him now!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

Why?

 

He's been a lackluster offensive player, that doesn't dominate in any aspect except trying low % shots that end up with the other team in possession. There's nothing he offers than we can't fill in with a trade or FA. His Corsi etc are all pretty break even.


 

he scored 15 goals in a shortened season, playing 3rd line mins with a lot of dzone starts.  In a healthy season, he's right around 20 goals, without getting offensively slanted mins.  What more do you expect from him?

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...