The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Canucks trade targets, candidates and Goldobin considering signing in the KHL.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Jets are in trouble trying to keep Trouba.  He clearly wants out, and is not going to stay there.  It's trade him now, and get at least some value, or he leaves later for free.  The longer he's with the Jets, the more his trade value drops.  I could see the Jets wanting a guy like Chris Tanev for Trouba.  No add either.  The Jets can fill the net, but they need to keep pucks out of their net.  

Canucks can't afford to do that though if they wanna get better. Tanev is the very definition of a guy who will walk if he doesn't get help. For the good of his career. I know I would be thinking the same. All we'd be doing is throwing a new dog into the fight instead of having 2 dogs ready to eat the hard minutes no one else can. Tanev keeps getting injured because of the lack of help. Getting Trouba would show this and even if we didn't make the playoffs next season, we would definitely actually get value for Tanev by the deadline. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Jets are in trouble trying to keep Trouba.  He clearly wants out, and is not going to stay there.  It's trade him now, and get at least some value, or he leaves later for free.  The longer he's with the Jets, the more his trade value drops.  I could see the Jets wanting a guy like Chris Tanev for Trouba.  No add either.  The Jets can fill the net, but they need to keep pucks out of their net.  

There would have to be an add. Tanev's value is at an all time low while Trouba's is at an all time high. The add would be significant too IMO. Winnipeg could get Tanev for a lot less than Trouba.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

There would have to be an add. Tanev's value is at an all time low while Trouba's is at an all time high. The add would be significant too IMO. Winnipeg could get Tanev for a lot less than Trouba.

But the Jets are going to lose Trouba for nothing, if they don't move him soon.  He clearly doesn't want to play there.  

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

But the Jets are going to lose Trouba for nothing, if they don't move him soon.  He clearly doesn't want to play there.  

Except any team trading for him will already have a deal agreed to for his extension... so there is little risk from their side.

Winnipeg gets a 1st round pick, a roster player, + as a return easily.

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Except any team trading for him will already have a deal agreed to for his extension... so there is little risk from their side.

Winnipeg gets a 1st round pick, a roster player, + as a return easily.

Maybe from a team with a pick in the late first.  I could see a team like the Islanders trading a pick like 22 + B prospect + bottom pair D man.  

For us it would be our second (40th overall) + Jasek + Hutton.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe from a team with a pick in the late first.  I could see a team like the Islanders trading a pick like 22 + B prospect + bottom pair D man.  

Well maybe that is what you would be willing to offer... but that isn’t in the ballpark for actually getting a coveted big young RHD coming off a 50 point season.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trouba is a 25 year old, right shot defenceman who just scored 50 points while averaging nearly 23 mins per game.  He is pretty much exactly what the Canucks need at this point in their rebuild.  The Canucks would be set for a few years with a defence core featuring Hughes, Trouba, Stecher, Woo, and Juolevi.

As for the cost, Trouba alone could fetch a 1st and young NHL dman or mid level prospect.  Think of the 1st round and 2 2nd rounders it cost Calgary to get Hamilton from Boston who was 22 and coming off a 42 point year.  The Canucks would probably have to part with 10 OA + Hutton and McEneny. 

Edited by fanofvan
  • Upvote 2

I would say that if Trouba was actually willing to sign here, the deal that would get Winnipeg to at least pick up the phone would be:

10OA; Tanev 50% retained; a decent prospect like Lind.

That probably still gets us outbid.

14 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Trouba is a 25 year old, right shot defenceman who just scored 50 points while averaging nearly 23 mins per game.  He is pretty much exactly what the Canucks need at this point in their rebuild.  The Canucks would be set for a few years with a defence core featuring Hughes, Trouba, Stecher, Woo, and Juolevi.

As for the cost, Trouba alone could fetch a 1st and young NHL dman or mid level prospect.  Think of the 1st round and 2 2nd rounders it cost Calgary to get Hamilton from Boston who was 22 and coming off a 42 point year.  The Canucks would probably have to part with 10 OA + Hutton and McEneny. 

Parting with the 10A, Hutton and McEneny would be awesome if Trouba came back.

And one thing that separates Trouba from Hamilton, is that even though Hamilton has some size on him, Trouba is way more durable and far tougher.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And one thing that separates Trouba from Hamilton, is that even though Hamilton has some size on him, Trouba is way more durable and far tougher.

I guess it would depend who was available at 10 OA.  There are rumours that Trouba has little interest in playing in Canada and may not entertain a long term extension, therefore, the cost listed makes little sense.  In addition, I wouldnt classify Trouba as more durable as he has played in 343 games in the past 5 years compared to Hamiltons 399.  This past season Trouba had 112 hits compared to Hamiltons 160.  

Edited by fanofvan
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Durable? Hamilton has played basically 4 consecutive full seasons and while Trouba played a full year this season, he's missed significant time in the previous two. Obviously it's hard to predict, but so far Trouba has had 2 shortened seasons to every full season in his career so far.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Wpg will get a lot more for Trouba than the Canucks could offer (if you exclude the usuals: Horvat, Boeser, EP).

Tanev would have to come with the 10th overall ++ (with the + being one of our young studs) to even be in the same conversation. 

I think the ask would be completely dependent on whether or not Trouba would be willing to sign a long term deal with the acquiring team.  The Senators got 2 roster players, 2 prospects, a 1st, and a 2nd for Karlsson who was a perennial Norris trophy contending player.  None of the players included in that deal were anywhere near the level of being a young stud and Trouba is not on the same level as Karlsson.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2019 at 1:55 PM, Provost said:

I would say that if Trouba was actually willing to sign here, the deal that would get Winnipeg to at least pick up the phone would be:

10OA; Tanev 50% retained; a decent prospect like Lind.

That probably still gets us outbid.

Jesus! I wouldn't do 10th OA for Trouba one for one. Thankfully, I doubt JB would either. We're talking about 1 year of Trouba. Trades contingent on the player re-signing almost exclusively happen at the TDL. Obviously JB would feel out Trouba's agent (not literally lol) and his interest in signing in Vancouver, but we'd effectively be trading for 1 year of Trouba with the hope that he'll re-sign. We're a rebuilding team. There's just no way we can trade a 10th OA pick. Our 2nd round pick is a different story. 

To Winnipeg:

2019 2nd rounder

Tanev @ 50% retained

Lind

Jasek

EP40 autographed jersey

Fin

To Vancouver:

Trouba

Final offer.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Jesus! I wouldn't do 10th OA for Trouba one for one. Thankfully, I doubt JB would either. We're talking about 1 year of Trouba. Trades contingent on the player re-signing almost exclusively happen at the TDL. Obviously JB would feel out Trouba's agent (not literally lol) and his interest in signing in Vancouver, but we'd effectively be trading for 1 year of Trouba with the hope that he'll re-sign. We're a rebuilding team. There's just no way we can trade a 10th OA pick. Our 2nd round pick is a different story. 

To Winnipeg:

2019 2nd rounder

Tanev @ 50% retained

Lind

Jasek

EP40 autographed jersey

Fin

To Vancouver:

Trouba

Final offer.

According to Capfriendly, Trouba is currently an RFA so you only trade when an extension is in place.

Those deals happen all the time, not just the deadline.  Teams give permission for trh receiving teams to negotiate a deal.

Edited by Provost

49 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

To Winnipeg:

2019 2nd rounder

Tanev @ 50% retained

Lind

Jasek

EP40 autographed jersey

Fin

To Vancouver:

Trouba

Final offer.

The longer the Jets hang on to Trouba, the lower his value in trade.  I like the player though, and would move our 10 OA if Trouba came with an extension in place.  He's a very good player, who is still young.  Trouba and Hughes could be our number one pair for the next decade.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The longer the Jets hang on to Trouba, the lower his value in trade.  I like the player though, and would move our 10 OA if Trouba came with an extension in place.  He's a very good player, who is still young.  Trouba and Hughes could be our number one pair for the next decade.  

This for sure. Trouba, with an extension, fits our needs and at the right age. Tanev back to the Jets makes sense for cost control, the brother thing. We would have to add but I'd think Jake, Tanev, would be a great start to a package for Trouba. 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

This for sure. Trouba, with an extension, fits our needs and at the right age. Tanev back to the Jets makes sense for cost control, the brother thing. We would have to add but I'd think Jake, Tanev, would be a great start to a package for Trouba. 

And keep our 10 OA?  Okay, sign me up for that trade for sure.