The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van

UFA Signing 1

Michael Ferland 27 yr...………...LW/RW...……………...4.5 M X 4 years

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFA Signing 2

Anton Stralamn 32 yrs...……….RHD...………………….4.5 M X 3 years

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trade 1.

Carolina Roland McKeown 23   RHD     

for     

Vancouver Ben Hutton LHD 26 yr + Markus Granland 26 Yr

Trade 2

Vancouver 10th OA + Michael DiPietro + Ray Spooner (27) (1 Yr X 3.1 M)

for

LA 23rd OA + LA 36th OA +Tyler Toffoli  LW/RW (27) (1 yr X 4.6M)……(Toffoli re-signs for 5 years for 5.50 M per year.)

Canucks take their new 23 OA + 36 OA  plus their own 40th OA and  add 3 great prospects, as well Toffoli and Ferland

Along with their 2020 1st and 2nd...……….the Canucks have filled all present and future prospect holes...…………….

McKeown evens out our prospects list on Defense with a 2 year AHL pro, who is working on his first call up, but stuck behind a good defense

no to ferland. seriously, i dont get what cdc's love for that guy is. no to stralman-- i'd rather keep schenn for a cheaper price

trade 1 is a trade for a rhd for the sake of making one, while giving up a guy like hutton, who's primed to be a playoff heavy hitting guy, and im not giving up the 10th pick for a 27 year old toffoli + spare parts

maybe you werent expecting someone to **** on this proposal, but, no. not happening

i like the mckeown for hutton trade. i’ve been pounding that drum for awhile.  one thing we have to remember is, it isn’t about the players we want to trade for players we want.

ask yourselves, if the players we want to move, were on other teams, would we want to trade for them? if the answer is no, why would other teams want to. if you want something of value, you have to give up, something of value. plus the other team has to agree to that value. 

must cdc trades, are too one sided.  

if, petey, bo, brock, quinn and demko are our untouchables, 

and ericksson, sutter, tanev, baertschi and edler as being oft injured or diminished talent for size of contract.

while spooner, schaller, goldobin, biega and schenn as not quality trading chips.

that leaves, roussel, virtanen, leivo, motte, beagle, gaudette, hutton, juolevi, gaunce, stecher, markstrom, granlund, pearson and brisebois as the only ones that could return us decent players in return.  that is how i see it.

5 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

UFA Signing 1

Michael Ferland 27 yr...………...LW/RW...……………...4.5 M X 4 years

UFA Signing 2

Anton Stralamn 32 yrs...……….RHD...………………….4.5 M X 3 years

Trade 1.

Carolina Roland McKeown 23   RHD     

for     

Vancouver Ben Hutton LHD 26 yr + Markus Granland 26 Yr

Trade 2

Vancouver 10th OA + Michael DiPietro + Ray Spooner (27) (1 Yr X 3.1 M)

for

LA 23rd OA + LA 36th OA +Tyler Toffoli  LW/RW (27) (1 yr X 4.6M)……(Toffoli re-signs for 5 years for 5.50 M per year.)

Canucks take their new 23 OA + 36 OA  plus their own 40th OA and  add 3 great prospects, as well Toffoli and Ferland

Along with their 2020 1st and 2nd...……….the Canucks have filled all present and future prospect holes...…………….

McKeown evens out our prospects list on Defense with a 2 year AHL pro, who is working on his first call up, but stuck behind a good defense

Ray Spooner? Is that a sign and trade kinda thing. 

Overall I'm happy with this I think Ferland get's more dough I'm fine with that. I'd rather play Toffoli for the season and see where he jels. If he jels before paying him that. Not sure if we are getting a guy who will score 25-30 or 15-20 but I do think it might be good to unite him with Pearson and Bo to start at least. 

I like this proposal. Just gota ditch Loui to make everyone fit. Is Hutton + Granlund worth Mckeown???? 

5 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

no to ferland. seriously, i dont get what cdc's love for that guy is. no to stralman-- i'd rather keep schenn for a cheaper price

trade 1 is a trade for a rhd for the sake of making one, while giving up a guy like hutton, who's primed to be a playoff heavy hitting guy, and im not giving up the 10th pick for a 27 year old toffoli + spare parts

maybe you werent expecting someone to **** on this proposal, but, no. not happening

I would not keeping Schenn and adding Stralman, it would give us a very veteran RHD side of Stralman, Stecher, Tanev,  then Woo and McKeown in the wings

I would also see Benning picking another RHD in the 1st or 2nd round. My idea is not to reach for the Best UFA on the market, but to improve the Defense,I think that does it, in the short term, which allows us to develop our young guys much better

As  for Ferland, and Tofolli, they are both LW/RW and both showing well at this time. In Ferlands case, I would hope we could get him cheaper, but the point is, he is an aggressive player, who drives the wing and the net, yet amazingly enough does not take a lot of penalties. As he ages, he can drop a line. Benning says you win with 26 to 34 year olds…..look at the playoffs and that is what you see....Ferland gives us some jam.

Tofolli, played on a aging LA team, and still managed some offense, He is still quick, and drives play, he is better than Pearsson by quite a bit and would look good on either Bo or Pettersson's lines. Having him sign a 5 year contract only puts him at 33.....no NMC so he would moveable, when our young kids mature......he was the best player on LA when I seen him

Hutton for McKeown is a lateral move, not an up grade, and is being suggested because we have an abundance of LHD.

Spooner, although a throw-in has Offensive upside, and is a useable piece

I am down for Stralman, only if we move Tanev beforehand, he'd be a better vet presence than Tanman purely on the fact I'd bet he'd be healthier than Tanman. Ferland would be interesting though. A decent top 6 scorer, brings some physicality, and 4.5 seems quite cheap. Considering Wilson is making more and is a similar player. The other deals are an easy pass for me.

We get hosed pretty hard in that LA trade, and I really wish we’d stop this Ferland thing. He gets hurt way too often, has been invisible in the playoffs so far and would cost too much for what he brings to the table. 

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Van

Archived