The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hart Trophy finalists unveiled

Rate this topic

2019 Hart Trophy  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Despite Kucherov's amazing team in Tampa Bay, I still think he deserves it this year. He was just that good. My final three would have been Kucherov, Crosby, and Panarin, in that order, unless you consider players who's teams didn't make the playoffs in which case I think McDavid and Kane have very strong cases as well.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Despite Kucherov's amazing team in Tampa Bay, I still think he deserves it this year. He was just that good. My final three would have been Kucherov, Crosby, and Panarin, in that order, unless you consider players who's teams didn't make the playoffs in which case I think McDavid and Kane have very strong cases as well.

I’d have Mackinnon on the list.  It’s hard to pick just three.  Maybe go to five?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’d have Mackinnon on the list.  It’s hard to pick just three.  Maybe go to five?

That's the thing.  They don't pick three.  They pick from the whole league.

Calling them 'finalists' is misleading.  There is only one vote.  They vote on who should be the winner of each trophy and then announce the top three vote getters as 'finalists', but there is no final vote.

The only exception I can think of is the Messier trophy which isn't a real trophy anyways.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fortunately, the "finalists" are just the top 3. You can see the entire list of rankings once the awards show arrives. For instance, 17 different players received Hart votes last year so the 1st to 17th place can be found online if you look for it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

Calling them 'finalists' is misleading.  There is only one vote.  They vote on who should be the winner of each trophy and then announce the top three vote getters as 'finalists', but there is no final vote.

The only exception I can think of is the Messier trophy which isn't a real trophy anyways.

There’s a trophy for the biggest @$$*”/#?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

The messier trophy is a poo sandwich given to the player who smiles most while eating salt and vinegar lays chips. 

It has nothing to do with “leadership”. 

More like “LayderChips”. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't like these choices at all. Looks like they just went with name recognition over the actual criteria for the award.

Which criteria do you think is best? The two ways I see to award it are most valuable to the team provided the team succeeded and most valuable to the team regardless of success. Under the first criteria I feel Kucherov is the best and under the second, I feel McDavid is the best, so either way they're being recognized. Just curious more than anything.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Which criteria do you think is best? The two ways I see to award it are most valuable to the team provided the team succeeded and most valuable to the team regardless of success. Under the first criteria I feel Kucherov is the best and under the second, I feel McDavid is the best, so either way they're being recognized. Just curious more than anything.

Well, maybe it's just my own personal criteria, but I do think that a team has to have a modicum of success in order for a player from that team to be recognized as a Hart candidate. What position would Edmonton be in if they didn't have McDavid? Well, they'd still be a non-playoff team, so in that regard he didn't make much difference. Granted, they'd be worse without him, but if you can't reach the playoffs, it really doesn't make any difference. In fact, if you don't make the playoffs, it's beneficial to finish with a worse record. Contrast that to Mackinnon, who's team did make the playoffs. Without Mackinnon, they don't make it. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

There’s a trophy for the biggest @$$*”/#?  

The Messier trophy is a two phallic sculpture which is the actual size of his errrrrrr.....you know what.

I know this for a fact was  he was beside me in the urinals at Rogers and I took a peak.:ph34r:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan