The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Botchford Passes Away

Rate this topic

Provost

Heart goes out to Botch's family.  Botch was so young and he clearly worked very hard to become a fixture in Vancouver sports media.  I appreciated Botch's ability to speak to both sides of a story, even if he generally tended towards a cynical approach to the narrative.  Botch also simply had an entertaining way of writing which, sadly, will no longer be available.

Classy of Torts to note Botch's passing in his presser.  I might be in the minority but I liked Torts and felt he didn't get a fair shot from management.  Torts does have a tendency to go off the deep end from time to time, but it's always out of his zeal for the game and passion to protect his players.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Too bad he didn't have symptoms prior to his death.  At the age of 48, there's a lot of things that can be done like stenting and bypasses to keep your heart's veins open.

Some heart conditions don't have any symptoms prior to needing emergency help.  Something like an aortic aneurysm for example.  That's how John Ritter and Alan Thicke passed away.  No symptoms at all and their aneurysm suddenly dissected or ruptured and they bled to death.  I would advise all men over the age of 40 to get an echocardiogram done to look for an aneurysm or a valve problem.  I doubt Jason had a heart attack as he would have had chest pains and other symptoms prior.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

By FAR my favourite local media personality

He was so damn entertaining and was able to stir the pot with facts to back him up

Let's be honest. Canadian sports media can be pretty dull for the most part but this dude had some flare.

RIP Botch you beauty

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1