The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Would you be fine with Panarin or nothing this free agency?

[poll] Would you be fine with Panarin or nothing this free agency?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brandon Tanev

5 years x 2.75AAV

Ron Hainsy at 2.5 x 2 OR 3 milx1

Panman will not come to vancouver before a real team.

Karlson is a hope.

We get no FA luck no lotto luck so lets just get some good boys in and roll the dice on the prospects

2 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

Brandon Tanev

5 years x 2.75AAV

Ron Hainsy at 2.5 x 2 OR 3 milx1

Panman will not come to vancouver before a real team.

Karlson is a hope.

We get no FA luck no lotto luck so lets just get some good boys in and roll the dice on the prospects

Panarin will follow the money.  Which ever team gives him the most, that's where he's going.  

I'd much rather have EK though.  

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

That plus Boldy...well look out.  We’d have four snipers and two playmakers plus a two-way forward that has Selke trophies and clutch written all over him...Hard to defend against that.

Panarin   Horvat        Pearson

Boldy      Pettersson  Boeser

Virtanen  Gaudette    Madden

Motte       ????          MacEwen

Boldy would be my pick at 10.  I'm sure Benning can find a young 4th line centre in the draft to complete the lineup.  Pearson is also still only 27 so he could be with us for awhile as well if he re-signs with us in a couple years.  Goaltending is all done, and our young defence will be ready for prime time in a couple years.  The future is bright.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Monty said:

If that’s all it takes, Winnipeg will extend him. I’m guessing he’ll be in the $3.75M region.

I dont think they can afford that with their cap unless they make some moves. Or a bunch is coming off the books. I dont follow too close just looking at this seasons cap.

And heres hoping he wanted a small discount for long term with his brother haha.

Id still do 3.5mil for him I love his playoff game. 

Def improvement over Granlund imo

Watching the playoffs has me wondering why we would want him. No defence and I’ve seen little from him offensively. At half the money sure, at what it will take...no. The lesser ufa’s Would be what I’d target..if any at all. I’m more inclined to think trades. My opinion for what it’s worth.

Won’t happen, but here’s a thought I had.

1) Sign Gardiner, Myers, and Stralman.

2) Trade Hutton, Tanev, and Stecher for one forward + two draft picks.

3) Edler and Stralman are eventually replaced by two of the following three:  Juolevi, Tryamkin, Woo.  

Short term:

Edler-Stralman

Hughes-Myers

Gardiner-Schenn

Long term

Hughes-Myers

[Juolevi-Tryamkin]-Woo

Gardiner-[Tryamkin-Schenn]

On 5/1/2019 at 2:08 PM, Alflives said:

Only UFA this class is EK.  He’s clearly the one guy, who would make the most impact to our team.  Panarin is a great player, but he’s a winger.  

I agree but Panarin is considered one of the few wingers in this league that controls and pushes the play (like Kane and Kucherov)...not many of those guys around add him to our top line and we’d have one of the best in the league right away and the potential to become the best as EP and Boeser enter their primes.    I actually think it might be the better move than EK (who I agree is also a great add, especially considering how week our right side is).   Heck why not both?  Then we can life in cap hell for the foreseeable future and jump up right into a contender. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

I agree but Panarin is considered one of the few wingers in this league that controls and pushes the play (like Kane and Kucherov)...not many of those guys around add him to our top line and we’d have one of the best in the league right away and the potential to become the best as EP and Boeser enter their primes.    I actually think it might be the better move than EK (who I agree is also a great add, especially considering how week our right side is).   Heck why not both?  Then we can life in cap hell for the foreseeable future and jump up right into a contender. 

Both makes us a contender right now for sure.  Our offensive numbers would climb a lot.  We would likely go from a bottom team in goals, to a top team.  :towel:

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] Would you be fine with Panarin or nothing this free agency?