The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Golden Knights name Kelly McCrimmon as GM

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

McCrimmon was one of the head candidates for Seattle, so looks like Vegas wanted to lock him up.

Edmonton was also desperately after him too. Glad he stayed in Vegas cuz screw Edmonton.

Smart move. Seems like veteran GM's are really liking moving into the President of Hockey Ops position over being the GM. George & Kelly have been a great team and have built the best expansion team in sports history. They'll keep making Vegas a perennial playoff team for the next 5-6 years. Only thing I'm curious about them is if they can start developing a solid prospect pool...

49 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Edmonton was also desperately after him too. Glad he stayed in Vegas cuz screw Edmonton.

BUT but..... everyone wants to work with McDavid (at least according to Edmonton media)

Apparently not :towel:

If I'm not mistaken, McCrimmon has an extensive amateur hockey background but a somewhat limited Pro-hockey background. 

I know he's been highly successful at the WHL level and experienced success immediately with Vegas.

Will be interesting to see how this success translates to the NHL once he's the one making the final decisions on personnel.  I'm sure McPhee will be there as a sounding board though. 

My crystal ball tells me Vegas is on a downward trend.  MAF is getting old, as are most of their top players.  They will be stuck in the middle of the league for a while, and then sink to the bottom.  I will be curious to see how many fans they truly have, when the team falls from it's present perch.  

44 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If I'm not mistaken, McCrimmon has an extensive amateur hockey background but a somewhat limited Pro-hockey background. 

I know he's been highly successful at the WHL level and experienced success immediately with Vegas.

Will be interesting to see how this success translates to the NHL once he's the one making the final decisions on personnel.  I'm sure McPhee will be there as a sounding board though. 

Sounds like a certain real good coach I know. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

My crystal ball tells me Vegas is on a downward trend.  MAF is getting old, as are most of their top players.  They will be stuck in the middle of the league for a while, and then sink to the bottom.  I will be curious to see how many fans they truly have, when the team falls from it's present perch.  

Alf melted down his scotch bottles with his massive hair dryer collection and forged a crystal ball. 

And is right.  Vegas was a fluke and is only going to get worse for a while.

2 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

BUT but..... everyone wants to work with McDavid (at least according to Edmonton media)

Apparently not :towel:

Probably becuase they know Connie will want out of Edmonton at some point.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The Kights are right up there with Toronto and the Alberta teams that I absolutley hate!

Four goals in Five minutes Loved IT!

40 minutes ago, xereau said:

Hunter seems the best fit in Edmonton.  Some tough love.  Truculence in the front office.  Clear out all those corrupt halfwits.

From an article....( along with Pat Verbeek, Norm Mciver, Tom Fitzgerald, Mark Hunter,  )

Bill Guerin might be another name on the list of potential GM candidates.

Guerin has been quietly building his resume over the past several years. He has been working as an assistant general manager for the Pittsburgh Penguins for the past five seasons.

He was part of the management staff that successfully helped the Penguins capture back-to-back Stanley Cups in 2016 and 2017.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

i think you need to give that ball a good clean

they just signed stone, maf had an excellent season

they have tons of high level young prospects

and loads of draft picks

if the cleaning does not help

you should consider replacing your ball

8 hours ago, 6string said:

From an article....( along with Pat Verbeek, Norm Mciver, Tom Fitzgerald, Mark Hunter,  )

Bill Guerin might be another name on the list of potential GM candidates.

Guerin has been quietly building his resume over the past several years. He has been working as an assistant general manager for the Pittsburgh Penguins for the past five seasons.

He was part of the management staff that successfully helped the Penguins capture back-to-back Stanley Cups in 2016 and 2017.

It'll be Guerin because he is an ex-Oiler and this is the Oiler way.

9 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i think you need to give that ball a good clean

they just signed stone, maf had an excellent season

they have tons of high level young prospects

and loads of draft picks

if the cleaning does not help

you should consider replacing your ball

...and going into the 2021 Seattle Bettman Welfare Expansion, Bettman's Communist NHL Relief ensures the Knights to protect their roster from the expansion draft.

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

...and going into the 2021 Seattle Bettman Welfare Expansion, Bettman's Communist NHL Relief ensures the Knights in protecting their roster from the expansion draft.

wow

i guess you do not like the expansion rules

ask yourself why vegas should have to give up a player

they are not entitled to any share of the expansion fee

they are completely excluded from that draft

i'm sure they'd love to give up a player to get a 20 million share from that expansion fee though

Archived