The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Jet Woo traded to Calgary Hitmen

9 minutes ago, smokes said:

The amount the Hitmen gave up for one year of his services should be an indicator of how excited we should be of him.

It's possible he makes the Canucks next year. Unlikely, but possible

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Does Woo playing for the Hitmen make any difference to his development?  Are they supposed to be a better team than the Warriors next year?  

Is this a big deal or just a meh thing?

Moose Jaw isn't exactly in a great position to make a splash in the playoffs next season. Even with Jett in the warriors lineup it would have been hard. However I'm not overly confident in saying Calgary is in a better position than them. 

17 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Don't think we can blame Virt's slow development on the Hitmen.  Even the pro coaches in both the AHL and NHL haven't able to get him to live up to his potential yet.

Virtanen has close to 40 points. That is really good. He needs more time to hone his craft but I'm sure he can. We should see a new Virtanen next year.

19 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Don't think we can blame Virt's slow development on the Hitmen.  Even the pro coaches in both the AHL and NHL haven't able to get him to live up to his potential yet.

We?

You're a Sabres fan that fears Canadian-ness rubbing off on you.

God help you......and............. who's the 'we' you're talking about?:P

Virtanen's development is fine - he's a 22 year old 15 goal scorer while playing principally shutdown minutes on Sutter's/matchup lines.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Virtanen has close to 40 points. That is really good. He needs more time to hone his craft but I'm sure he can. We should see a new Virtanen next year.

I honestly believed Virtanen was going to explode on the scene once his arm healed.  He had the potential, but has developed slower than expected.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, oldnews said:

We?

You're a Sabres fan that fears Canadian-ness rubbing off on you.

God help you......and............. who's the 'we' you're talking about?:P

Virtanen's development is fine - he's a 22 year old 15 goal scorer while playing principally shutdown minutes on Sutter's/matchup lines.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I honestly believed Virtanen was going to explode on the scene once his arm healed.  He had the potential, but has developed slower than expected.

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

?

He only had 25 points this past season. 

Got my fingers crossed that he puts up 30-35 next season. Need some 30+ point guys on that third line. 

3 hours ago, Duodenum said:

?

He only had 25 points this past season. 

Got my fingers crossed that he puts up 30-35 next season. Need some 30+ point guys on that third line. 

Shhh... I'm trying to see if people actually read my posts!

Still though... 25 points is an improvement from the year before. This year, we should hopefully expect 40.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Still though... 25 points is an improvement from the year before. This year, we should hopefully expect 40.

I'll read your posts any day Dazzle :wub:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2019 at 4:16 PM, Dazzle said:

If you round up it's 40 points. And add 10 points. :ph34r: All that matters is we don't admit to any wrong doing. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2019 at 6:54 PM, Ronaldoescobar said:

While this is probably nothing to worry about and other than it being a pretty sleazy thing to do, what would stop the Flames from telling the Hitmen to maybe not play Woo as much as others or in situations where it may not be to his benefit?

If that was to occur, I think the NHL and CHL would have to intervene really hard, Calgary could see a really nasty penalty like losing draft picks and such.  It would be akin, if not worse than tampering with an active player  but also manipulating another league.  

The tin foil is so crinkly when I touch it.....

It feels so good on my head and no one can read my mind....

I did wonder this thing when JB took JV out of the Hitmen and into the NHL when we clearly wasn't ready.  

just say no to the tin foil until we have some justification....