The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Jet Woo traded to Calgary Hitmen

What worries me about this trade is that what if it's a spoiler for something that has been pre-determined even before camp begins. Like if I was the GM of the Hitmen, I would at least kick the tires and give JB a call at guage the probability of Woo getting sent back before making such a huge commitment of assets.

3 hours ago, smokes said:

What worries me about this trade is that what if it's a spoiler for something that has been pre-determined even before camp begins. Like if I was the GM of the Hitmen, I would at least kick the tires and give JB a call at guage the probability of Woo getting sent back before making such a huge commitment of assets.

I think this is more just a reality WHL GMs face on a day-to-day basis. They know they can lose any of their drafted/signed players at the start of the season. It's no different than anyone else on that team who has an NHL camp to attend to in the fall.

So, based on that, I would imagine they probably don't dwell on it and adjust accordingly. No calls to NHL GMs needed.

Edited by The Lock