The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers sign Adam Fox

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

And Canucks fans rejoice!

Rathbone may have a great year!

Honestly, it wouldn't of been a bad thing by any means having him play with fox another season, dudes a beast. He will get more ice time though which is great.

Rangers have a very smooth skating RHD prospect in Joey Keane. I've been a fan of his for a while. Very smooth skater, responsible defensively but will jump on offense when the opportunity without forcing the issue. He's a victim of depth for RHD in the Rangers system behind DeAngelo, Pionk, Shattenkirk and now Fox. I'd definitely take a chance on him.

To NYR:
Brisebois

To VAN:
Keane

7 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Honestly, it wouldn't of been a bad thing by any means having him play with fox another season, dudes a beast. He will get more ice time though which is great.

Oh I realize that. But more ice time and offensive opportunities will really benefit Rathbone. 

I predict now, that Fox will bustaroo with the Rags.  He's soft, selfish, and has not loyalty.  Those are three horrible traits in a hockey player.  Who wants a traitor watching their back?  So glad we don't have any of those selfish (oh it's about me; look at me and my point totals)  traitor types in our prospects.  Kid will be on another team within 3 years seasons.  

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I predict now, that Fox will bustaroo with the Rags.  He's soft, selfish, and has not loyalty.  Those are three horrible traits in a hockey player.  Who wants a traitor watching their back?  So glad we don't have any of those selfish (oh it's about me; look at me and my point totals)  traitor types in our prospects.  Kid will be on another team within 3 years seasons.  

How is he a traitor to New York tho? I don't agree with people ditching the teams that drafted them but it's not his fault that the rules are set up the way they are.

Imagine playing for the team you grew up wanting to play for, im sure New York isn't worried about loyalty.

26 minutes ago, cyoung said:

How is he a traitor to New York tho? I don't agree with people ditching the teams that drafted them but it's not his fault that the rules are set up the way they are.

Imagine playing for the team you grew up wanting to play for, im sure New York isn't worried about loyalty.

of course it's not his fault, but it's still $&!#ty. 

he'll go down as the defensive jimmy vesey. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

too funny

let's do some assumin here

let's assume you are a house painter alf

and are graduating from house painter school in vancouver

and you are really good at this, finishing at the top of your class

but house painters, for some strange reason, are subject to a draft

and you get drafted by some small lesser painting company in the slums of detroit

but you prefer to stay in vancouver, or at least closer to home

and you do whatever it takes to achieve that

and that makes you a soft, selfish, showing no loyalty house painter?

i guess hockey players should have no other personal interest

they should only be content to play hockey

with whoever and where ever they might be drafted ?

1 hour ago, tas said:

of course it's not his fault, but it's still $&!#ty. 

he'll go down as the defensive jimmy vesey. 

They aren't the only ones who have done it. Until they change the rules more will do it. Lol

Well no surprise here. This result was so predictable and telegraphed that a month ago I was posting in the Rathbone thread as if Fox had already left Harvard and signed with the Rags (a couple helpful posters had to remind me that Fox was still Carolina property at the time and had a year left of college eligibility). For some reason, my brain had basically processed Fox to NYR as a done deal several weeks before the trade and signing actually happened. Finally, reality has caught up.

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

too funny

and you get drafted by some small lesser painting company in the slums of detroit

If they pay me millions every year, fly me first class everywhere I go, have me stay in five star hotels, pay for all my meals, and pretty much treat me like s stallion out to stud, I’m painting houses for them.  

2 hours ago, cyoung said:

They aren't the only ones who have done it. Until they change the rules more will do it. Lol

well duh. these two specifically are just the most recent high profile examples, with the combination of their perceived talent and how blatantly they telegraphed it. and I personally think adam fox is going to fizzle, like vesey. call it a gut feeling.

just because people can do things doesn't mean they should. 

22 hours ago, coastal.view said:

too funny

What do you tell that lesser painting company that invested resources in your development the 4 years you were in painting school and helped you become that good painter.

Teams are involved in the development of NCAA players.  

Audio here of Scott Nichol, director of player development for Nashville, being asked a month ago what kind of role / communication he has throughout the season with players like Dante Fabbro and Rem Pitlick:   

At the 19:55 mark - he explains that they go over their shifts together and work with them on the finer details of their game.  They won't intervene on systems but will comment on techniques.  He gives the example of working on stick positioning with Dante Fabbro.    

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/preds-official-podcast-scott-nichol-shares-expectations-for-dante-fabbro-rem-pitlick/c-306262472 

The Chicago Blackhawks also had a feature on Dylan Sikura, Gaudette's linemate in Northeastern.  Bowman talks of how they have always been there for him.  In his freshman year he wasn't playing a lot with Bowman saying that at that point their role was to keep him upbeat and engaged and help him grow his game.  Bowman concludes "These are the guys you get excited about because we invested a lot of time in him, and we think Dylan has a chance to be a very special player for us,"

https://youtu.be/TIM4glgcKXc

well you may pursue the "it's ok to conscript athletes" narrative

i am aware of how this historically happened

but in all other fields apprentices are paid for their learning period

hockey players are not.. until after they are of draft age

fox was not paid until he signed his recent contract

the rest of the time he played for free

and yeah he learned, but teams sold tickets to fans to watch him

and in many sports the team makes money overall

12 hours ago, coastal.view said:

well you may pursue the "it's ok to conscript athletes" narrative

i am aware of how this historically happened

but in all other fields apprentices are paid for their learning period

hockey players are not.. until after they are of draft age

fox was not paid until he signed his recent contract

the rest of the time he played for free

and yeah he learned, but teams sold tickets to fans to watch him

and in many sports the team makes money overall

Their college teams did but not their NHL team.  It's mostly wasted time for them - at least Carolina was able to recoup a couple of draft picks.

Archived