The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - FLA

2 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

Yeah I sort of get the cast off but then everythings a cast off ya dig?

Like just breakimg a 50doller bill and getting 2 twennies and a 10 doesnt meant its a cast off of bills

Not the same thing at all. In NHL terms a $50 has value. Whereas the two twenties and the ten might be the equivalent of in store coupons that are only good at a place that went out of business.  Quality is much more valuable than quantity when only the best make the show. 

• Thanks 1

And if you want to extend the draft history range from 12-15 to prove your points against me Feel free. Ill stick to the list i posted for simplicity.

Baerschi was for a 2nd round pick no?

And he was undervalued at that point. 

So add a prospect and a late pick

Eller,Kassian are low turn outs for that pick range. You know their stories.

Stafford hemsky semin better end. Would be good in 4-5 years in mid 6 fwds.

Impressed with the defensemen too.

Looks like a Defense at that pick would be good. And id like 2 first round selections on D men to fill out what we have now. Without losing too much.

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Not the same thing at all. In NHL terms a $50 has value. Whereas the two twenties and the ten might be the equivalent of in store coupons that are only good at a place that went out of business.  Quality is much more valuable than quantity when only the best make the show. 

Ok then its like a currency exchange.

Is the 13th pick in florda really so unmovable that we cant spare part or shiny toy pry it away?

Given the history if we give more assets theres a higher chance one pans out well for them and can make up for historical karma. Good for both teams fans. Big draft drama. We gotta have FLA feel they fleeced us at home.

6 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

Is the 13th pick in florda really so unmovable that we cant spare part or shiny toy pry it away?

Given the history if we give more assets theres a higher chance one pans out well for them and can make up for historical karma. Good for both teams fans. Big draft drama. We gotta have FLA feel they fleeced us at home.

your analysis is so odd

you say the 13th overall is so weak based on history

but those historical examples are not available in this draft are they?

and if the 13th overall is so weak in your mind 

why the heck do you want it?

sounds like a 2nd round and 4th round pick have more value to you

so keep them

and message a mod to close this thread

because it is exhausted

and has little value left for the cdc crowd

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HughMungus said:

Ok let’s flip the script. If we had the 13th overall pick, would you trade it to Florida for Vincent Praplan, the 40th overall and the 129th overall picks? You can’t honestly tell me that’s a fair deal, let alone an overpayment by Florida. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

your analysis is so odd

you say the 13th overall is so weak based on history

but those historical examples are not available in this draft are they?

and if it is so weak in your mind 

why the heck do you want it?

sounds like a 2nd round and 4th round pick have more value to you

so keep them

Good point.

Weak for Florida

Stronger for us

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It doesn't matter what the actual value of a 13th overall pick is. What matters is how much that pick is valued amongst the league. The perceived value. Discussing the history of the pick itself is irrelevant. 

History sets a clear precident of what to expect given the hockey player production does not change drastically.

Edited by HughMungus

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Ok let’s flip the script. If we had the 13th overall pick, would you trade it to Florida for Vincent Praplan, the 40th overall and the 129th overall picks? You can’t honestly tell me that’s a fair deal, let alone an overpayment by Florida. 

At home: No

In Florida? Yes. Then i get on the phones and see what else i could make happen based on what i heard about going on in the league.

Worst case you get more bodies at camp with a growing team.

Just now, HughMungus said:

History sets a clead precident of what to expect given the hockey player production does not change drastically.

Every team thinks that they'll get it right. 

Put the shoe on the other foot, if we were sitting at 13th overall instead of 10th, and someone offered up an equivalent package to the one you're suggesting, would you take it?

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Every team thinks that they'll get it right. 

Put the shoe on the other foot, if we were sitting at 13th overall instead of 10th, and someone offered up an equivalent package to the one you're suggesting, would you take it?

I said yeah if its the draft host team and they want to give me 2 picks further down and a player i like and if i dont like the player they suggest i ask for another and if i like the players at 13

Just now, HughMungus said:

I said yeah if its the draft host team and they want to give me 2 picks further down and a player i like and if i dont like the player they suggest i ask for another and if i like the players at 13

Being the host team is irrelevant. Why would you like it if the players you're being given are obviously inferior prospects? Even if the player at 13th overall doesn't pan out, chances are they'll a least be an NHLer. The chances of grabbing an NHL quality player with the pieces you're suggesting the Panthers receive are pretty slim. 

5 minutes ago, Master Higgins said:

Wouldnt this be equivalent to us trading #10 to edm for their 2nd 4th and Kirill Maksimov? Sounds pretty awful to me.  

No because thats interdivisional with a struggle rival in a canadian hockey market

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Being the host team is irrelevant. Why would you like it if the players you're being given are obviously inferior prospects? Even if the player at 13th overall doesn't pan out, chances are they'll a least be an NHLer. The chances of grabbing an NHL quality player with the pieces you're suggesting the Panthers receive are pretty slim. 

2nd picks are good though and plus a player. I guess JB got fleeced Karlsons gunna be a frycook

And I realize the value of that asset may have been undervaled to florida. So dangle hobey baker trophies.

The value of a pick in the first half of the 1st rd is extremely high, regardless of what the odds are of that player panning out. What matters is what the league perceives the value of the pick to be, not what the value actually is by an objective standard.