The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - STL

You can’t be serious.  St Louis gives up by far the best player and s high pick.  In return they get an overpaid injury prone 3C, a player that could be headed for the KHL (or waivers), and practically worthless rights to a player under contract in the KHL. What would possess them to do it?  

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You can’t be serious.  St Louis gives up by far the best player and s high pick.  In return they get an overpaid injury prone 3C, a player that could be headed for the KHL (or waivers), and practically worthless rights to a player under contract in the KHL. What would possess them to do it?  

I was thinking 50% retained salary on Sutter as a sweetener.

Mungus, in your OP you should include why your proposal makes sense for both teams.

I'm curious as to why the &^@# the Blues make this deal, or how any of our players in the trade actually help them. It's also nice to see your vision as to where the player we're trading for fits in.

Some posters put effort into their proposals. Their proposals might be just as ludicrous as yours, but at least they present an argument.

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Mungus, in your OP you should include why your proposal makes sense for both teams.

I'm curious as to why the &^@# the Blues make this deal, or how any of our players in the trade actually help them. It's also nice to see your vision as to where the player we're trading for fits in.

Some posters put effort into their proposals. Their proposals might be just as ludicrous as yours, but at least they present an argument.

Oh i Thought that was the point of the thread ill be more refined in fhe future

There were rumours of moving him this season.

Is the 2nd really too much?

Take it off hold 50%cap sutter to improve 

7 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

Is the 2nd really too much?

Take it off hold 50%cap sutter to improve 

Still not even close. Try's rights and Goldobin are both worth next to nothing, and Sutter, even at 50% retained, is an injury prone 3rd line center on the wrong side of 30. 

Schenn was traded just 2 seasons ago from the Flyers to St-Louis after a 55pts season ( - 59pts the season before).  He's improved on those numbers since.

The Flyers received 2 x 1st round picks and Jori Lehtera as a cap dump.  The 1st in 2017 was 27th (Morgan Frost) and the 2018 pick ended up being 14th overall (Joel Farabee).

15 hours ago, HughMungus said:

To Vancouver

Brayden Schenn

2019 2nd round pick

To STL

Goldobin

Brandon Sutter

The rights to Tryamkin

Haha good god man. St Louis GM would have to be high as f*&^ to do this.

SO VANCOUVER GIVES UP;

Goldy - barely an NHLer

Sutter - a mediocre 3rd line centre

Tryamkin - The russian is non existent in North America

So basically the Canucks give up very little value.

ST LOUIS GIVES UP;
Schenn - a high end 27 year old winger who had more points this year than anyone on our team not named Petey, Brock or Bo

A 2nd round pick

This is a god awful proposal. Come on......:picard: 

Goldy 5 years younger playing with Tarasenko will produce similar points. Maybe not 70 plus but 50-60

Tryamkin makes Blue defense better. He didnt like vancouver but a chance to go to a team with more high talentes russians?

Sutter on a cheap deal has flippable value and i think he would actually play better in their team where he has less responsibility

I can see the 2nd being too much and needs a pick to balance.

As much as I'd love to get Schenn here, I don't see the Blues trading him.  

HOWEVER...  he will be an unrestricted free agent in a year or two. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:16 PM, HughMungus said:

To Vancouver

Brayden Schenn

2019 2nd round pick

To STL

Goldobin

Brandon Sutter

The rights to Tryamkin

You need to quit making these bad trades think of it as if someone offered you spare parts for Bo Horvat

Archived